PDA

View Full Version : We're gonna have a baby VERY soon! How does Tuesday sound?!

Sirrahsim
05-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone. Thought that I would let you all know that we are planning on going in Monday night to be induced and should have a baby on Tuesday (if he doesn't decide to arrive before then)!!!

I had an appt on Friday and spoke with a fantastic Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) who will be the one in charge of my labor and delivery Monday and Tuesday. It has since been decided that I will check in to the hospital on Monday night and be given something called cytotec that will soften and ripen my cervix and hopefully jump start my labor. They'll give this about 12 hours to work and if it does not, they will then decide whether or not to administer Pitocin which will bring on the hard, fast contractions. They'll give that till noon on Tuesday and if absolutely NOTHING has changed (unlikely) they will stop the medicines and send me home to let mother nature have another go at putting me into labor naturally.

Both Tyler and myself are healthy, but there are several factors that make giving induction a try look good. For one thing, they are now estimating him to be on the big side, which could be a problem because apparently I am on the small side:rolleyes: I thought I had huge hips, but I guess wide hips don't necessarily mean wide pelvic bones. Another thing is that my blood pressure if starting to creep up. Another thing is that he isn't as reactive on the non stress tests lately. None of these things by themselves add up to a necessary induction, but looked at together they add up to a "Why not?" attitude. :D

All that to say, I'm gonna be a MOMMY Tuesday!

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Tuesday sounds great! :)

Karen
05-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I hope he decides to arrive before then, for both of your sakes, but at least you're both healthy! Good luck!

moosmom
05-14-2005, 09:39 AM
WOOHOO!!!!! WE'RE GONNA HAVE A PT BABY!!!!

Tuesday sounds good to me!

I had the same problem 29 years ago. My hips were huge but unfortunately my pelvis was not. On top of that, I had had a fibroid tumor removed from my uterus a year prior and they were afraid it might rupture. That, coupled with Toxemia forced me to have a c-section. Why the hell can't MEN have babies???

Oh well, good luck honey! I'll be thinking about you and Tyler!! Always remember, pharmaceuticals are your friends!! ;)

gini
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM
A brand new Pet Talker is on his way............how exciting!

cookieluver7
05-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Wow!!! How exciting..... on tuesday!! :D Its good to know that you and baby Tyler are both healthy.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-14-2005, 10:28 AM
OMG, now I will be worrying about you everytime I wake up during Monday-to-Tuesday-night....! (I usually wake up 2 times, needing the bathroom very badly..:D ). Good luck with the delivery, Missy!

Kfamr
05-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Tuesday is a great day as it's the VERY last day of school - last exams!

christa
05-14-2005, 11:03 AM
That's so exciting! Hope everything goes well!

anna_66
05-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Tuesday sounds like a great day, but I do hope he comes before then that way you don't have to go through all of that!
Either way...congrats and I can't wait to see the newest PT baby;)

luvofallhorses
05-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Tuesday sounds like a great day :) Congrats :)

lute
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
OMG! this is too too exciting!:D

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 05:43 PM
How exciting!!!

I can't wait for you!!! Woohoo!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Toby's my baby
05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
HURRAY! A new PT baby!! Good luck!! Congratulations!!

rg_girlca
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Come ooonnnnnnn Tuesday......

I can't wait to hear how much he weighs, how long he is, his hair color, how much hair, all fingers and toes. Hee! Hee!

Wishing you all the best.:)

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 07:27 PM
this will sound great to me if this sounds good to you! tuesday is coming closer as the mintues are going away...I'm exciting for you! hope everything will go out smoothly and *ahem* tyler, ...be a good boy! :D :)

Sirrahsim
05-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Thank you everyone!! I am sooooooo excited. It just hit me that this WILL be my last Sunday without a baby to look after:eek: :eek: Wow:D :D

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
And how fun that you'll know his birthday already! Don't we live in wonderful times??

Yay!! :) Are you nervous for the labor at all??

Sirrahsim
05-14-2005, 09:04 PM
At this point I am too excited to be nervous. I'm sure that once I get to the hospital and they start hooking me up I'll get nervous. I just keep telling myself that I CAN do this. It's the most natural thing in the world for a woman to do:D :D

catnapper
05-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Woohoo!! I am so excited and nervous for you! I know you;ll do just fine, and you'll be the best mommy around -- look at who you learned from!

popcornbird
05-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Yippee! Mommyhood is just around the corner! :D

Here comes Tyler! :D And he will be....Sirrahlyt? LOL! Yeah...I know his last name probably won't be Harris, but he can pretend. ;)

persianmom
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Missy and Paul my prayers will be with you both. I will be waiting to hear from you. I will keep my cell phone close by even at work so plesase call and keep me updated. Love you all. Mom :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PJ's Mom
05-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
I just keep telling myself that I CAN do this. It's the most natural thing in the world for a woman to do:D :D

Once you're holding little Tyler, you'll forget about all the pain. :)

Good luck!

Sirrahsim
05-15-2005, 12:44 AM
I can not concentrate on anything:rolleyes: :eek: I cleaned up my house a little bit, but I just keep thinking about my little guy and end up sitting at the computer doing even more research about the drug they are gonna use.
It's called Cytotec, it's a little white pill that was designed to help stomach ulcers, but was found to ripen the cervix quite well. It's not the same as cervadil or other gel type thingies, but supposedly works even better. A friend of mine got the cytotec at about 9pm and had her baby at about 10am the next morning!

I can hardly believe that I'm going to be holding my baby in my arms so soon.

I'm very good at convincing myself that I'm feeling something. I wonder if there is any way for the docs to TELL me that they're giving me pain meds, but really just give me saline. Seeing a "drug" being inserted into my IV would probably work almost as well on me as the drug itself would :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight:D

PJ's Mom
05-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Are you cleaning a lot? Gosh, right before I went into labor with all of mine, I cleaned like crazy. :eek: At least I got to bring them home to a clean house. :p

Sirrahsim
05-15-2005, 01:02 AM
I think it's more of a way to burn off nervous energy than the nesting instinct :rolleyes: I can't seem to sit still for more than a few minutes, so why not direct the energy towards something productive?:rolleyes: :D :D I think I'm gonna try to take a nice leisurely warm bath, I'm not going to have many more opportunities to do that without a baby to worry about:D

Cataholic
05-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Missy,
that sounds just like me with Jonah! On the Friday before, they stripped my membranes (which did nada), and he said, "well, if you don't go into labor this weekend (and it WAS labor day weekend....), then into the hospital you go Tuesday".

I woke up at 3 am! Tuesday morning, and tiptoed around my house, as Jessica was sleeping on my couch. At 10 am they hooked me up, and at 1001PM, there he was, my blessed Jonah.

Oh, the memories....you are getting ready to experience the ride of your life! And, just when you think it can't get any more "something..but, not bad/painful, just something I can't explain, but, you will know"...baby Tyler will be on your chest!

All of a sudden, there will be this 'click', and you will never look at anything the same way again. For me, it was the moment they placed Jonah on my chest.

Good luck!!! And, God bless you, your husband, baby Tyler and all the medical staff caring for you.

Johanna

Sirrahsim
05-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Johanna, I love how you put that:D
I'm so close to tears right now. The emotions running through me are completely beyond description. I'm completely floored with excitement about meeting my baby, but also completely terrified that Noon will arrive on Tueaday with no progress and they'll send me home. Or worse, that they will have too many natural labors going on to induce me. At the same time I'm worried (for lack of a better word) about what type of Mom I'll be. Will he be a good little breastfeeder? Will I be able to give him what he needs? WIll I be able to shape this tiny little human being into a kind, compassionate adult? I never thought that I could feel so much all at once.
I'm less than 24 hours away from the time I'm due to check in at the hospital and it feels like it's impossible. I remember feeling like this before I got married. It just didn't feel real because I didn't believe that anything that perfect could ever happen to me. Now here I am, my bags are packed and I'm ready to bring a little life into the world. This is quite possibly the last night that Paul and I will have alone in our home. EVERYTHING changes starting tommorrow night. When will it feel real? It "hits" me from time to time, but I really don't think that it HAS really hit me yet. This wiggling lump in my stomach is coming out and the doctors and going to send him home with us. "Are you crazy doc? You're just gonna let us take him home???"

I see that I'm rambling, so I should go and attempt to sleep. I'm not going to bother turning off the computer tonight because I'm quite certain that sleep will be very hard to come by. Thank you all for your kind words and support throughout my pregnancy. I feel like I have a HUGE extended family here on PetTalk:D :D

christa
05-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
At the same time I'm worried (for lack of a better word) about what type of Mom I'll be. Will he be a good little breastfeeder? Will I be able to give him what he needs? WIll I be able to shape this tiny little human being into a kind, compassionate adult? I never thought that I could feel so much all at once.

I think that we learn most by example . . . and if you're the person that you seem to be, you should have no worries. I'm sure you and your husband are completely capable of raising this child . . . you'll be raising him in a loving, caring & affectionate environment.

Just remember that babies don't come with an instruction manuel. You'll learn a lot on the way . . . I can't wait to be in your shoes! I know when I am, I'll be just as emotional because I'm so emotional in general!

Also remember that there are tons of people here on PT that would be more than happy to listen to your concerns & stories . . . I know I feel like I've been right there with you through all this! The belly photos . . . the stories . . . it's all been great to watch you go through your pregnancy! And we can't wait to watch little baby Tyler grow up!

Try to relax today, Missy! You'll need your rest! ;)

trayi52
05-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Can't wait for the new baby to arrive!! Missy, you are going to be a brand new mommy! I hope your labor is a breeze for you.

Take care,
Willie:)

jazzcat
05-15-2005, 11:00 AM
This is exciting!!! Best wishes Missy.

sirrahbed
05-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Missy - you are about to experience something you will never forget. I think all moms worry if they will be good enough - but to Tyler - you will be *perfect* - I promise!! Remember - God planned all of this before Tyler was even conceived - and He will be there throughout :D

http://www.homewithgod.com/Cards/aninch.shtml

An Inch of Wonder

Though but an inch of wonder, Mom,
My heart beats rapidly.
And pretty soon my ears will hear
When Daddy sings to me.

This tiny thumb has found my mouth,
I know this must be home,
And when you rock me gently, Mom
I don't feel all alone.

It's getting cramped and when I kick
My Daddy laughs with joy,
Is that his hand caressing me?
Is he praying for a boy?

I sense your overwhelming pride,
But know you are afraid,
Our God will guide your every move,
Oh Mommy, it's okay.

Nine months feels like eternity,
I'm eager to be held,
And when they place me on your chest
Your heart will surely melt.

I understand, I am your first!
You fear this great "unknown,"
To me you'll be the greatest Mom
This world has ever known.

So be assured what waits for you,
As I resume to grow,
Will be the most enormous love,
That you will ever know.

by Karen O'Connor
[email protected]

persianmom
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Oh Missy you are going to be a wonderful mother. Just remember that God doesn't not give us anything we cannot handled. Follow your heart and feelings when it comes to Tyler. You are his mother and will know him better than anyone else. If it doesn't feel right it proble isn't. You and Paul will be find. Now go take that hot bath read a good book and try to relax. You and Paul are in my prayers. You both will be wonderful parents. I love you all.
Love Mom

NoahsMommy
05-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Missy,

I got to see my niece come into this world almost two years ago...it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.

You're going to do great, I just know it!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

green_chameleon_girl
05-15-2005, 02:47 PM
YAY!:D congrats!

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Missy, This is so exciting and I'm sure that everything will go well. Congrats on your new baby Tyler.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-15-2005, 03:50 PM
What a touching poem, Debbie!!

You will do great, Missy! I will be thinking of you!!

rg_girlca
05-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh my gosh Debbie, what a beautiful poem.
That is one lovely site.

Missy, I can truly understand how you feel with all the questions going on in your head right now, but believe me when I say, you will be amazed how your mothering instincts kick in and how relaxed you will feel once your precious bundle of joy is in your arms.
I didn't think I would know what to do or how to handle certain situations, but I did and you will too.
I raised two wonderful sons any mother would be proud of.
They were and still are, my joy and my life. :D

Just don't forget to breath, okay.:D

Jods
05-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Tuesday hmmmmm okay, sure good for me!! LOL just kidding.
I can't wait to hear about baby Tyler, I can't even imagine how I would feel in your shoes right now ( I will soon!!) You will be a great Mom. Can't wait to see pics. Good luck tomorrow night hope the delivery of your baby boy goes wonderfully as I'm sure it will. :)

Sirrahsim
05-15-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks you so much everyone :) Mom- that poem is beautiful, I have it bookmarked:D
I'm anything but relaxed right now. Even reading a good book in a long warm bath AND getting a relatively good night's sleep hasn't calmed my nerves.

My latest irrational worry is that I misunderstood and I'm not getting induced at all:rolleyes: The midwife can't get much clearer than "We'll put you on the books for Monday night, just let us know for sure at your appointment!":D I'm just worrying for the sake of being a worry wart.

I just can't believe it is Monday. It's my hubby's birthday and all I can focus on is tonight:( Thankfully he suggested (and I agreed) that we celebrate his birthday on Saturday instead:) I made him dinner and we ate cake and opened presents then :) I hope he doesn't feel cheated way deep down:( :) :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!

QueenScoopalot
05-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow!!! A brand new life is about to enter this world. I'm so excited for you and your family, and can't wait to hear all about baby Tyler's (hopefully quick) entrance into this world. :) What if you go into labor tonight....and Tyler decides to make his grand entrance on Monday? :confused: :D I'm sure hubby doesn't feel the least bit cheated on his birthday, and is as excited about the new baby as you are. ;)

Sirrahsim
05-15-2005, 07:49 PM
it is already Monday morning here in Japan :) 9:48am to be exact. All efforts to bring on labor before today have failed, so the induction is a definate go... I'm soo excited, but it feels like there are some VERY angry butterflies in my tummy right now:eek: :D :D

Tweety_Pie
05-15-2005, 08:13 PM
How exciting! :D!! I bet you can't wait for Tuesday!! :D

I hope all goes well on Tuesday!! THIS IS EXCITING!! :D :D

manda_moo87
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Oh boy, how exciting! :D

Hope all goes well and looking forward to seeing pics of baby Tyler!!!

PJ's Mom
05-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Missy, believe me, you're gonna be fine. You have a whole world pulling for you. How can you be anything but ok?

Good luck and know that we're all right here waiting for the news! :)

kimlovescats
05-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Missy, you will do great ... you've had a wonderful pregnancy, you are healthy and you will be just fine! What better birthday surprise could you give Paul than his first SON???:eek: :D :D

Love you and can't wait to welcome baby Tyler!!!

Kim(((((HUGS))))))

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Congrats Missy!!!! That is so awesome!! Good luck!;)

Samantha Puppy
05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

I sense your overwhelming pride,
But know you are afraid,
Our God will guide your every move,
Oh Mommy, it's okay. Okay, that stanza made me tear up. I've been feeling very guilty lately because I've found myself wishing I weren't pregnant for several reasons... I'm scared of all the medical stuff (especially needles)... I can't do what I want to do when I want to do it (drink, get in the brand new hot tub on vacation)... We're the first of our group of friends to have a baby and I'm afraid things will change and people won't want to do stuff with us anymore... And I feel absolutely HORRIBLE and very immature for thinking all this but I'm praying that I'm not the only woman who ever had these thoughts after discovering an unexpected pregnancy.

At any rate, Missy, I don't know you well but I know you'll be a wonderful mother. You've shown time and again on here how sweet and compassionate you are - your mom too! - so I have no doubts that baby Tyler will grow up so proud that you're his mommy.

sirrahbed
05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
but I'm praying that I'm not the only woman who ever had these thoughts after discovering an unexpected pregnancy.

SP - I promise you are not alone in these thoughts!! Not at all:) You will likely have an entire range of emotions and thoughts (hopefully not all at once but that happens, too:p ) I have even come to understand why some species eat their young:D :D Now how about THAT for a horrible thought?:p :o :D

Samantha Puppy
05-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Thank you... I've been wracked with such horrible guilt - I want it, but I don't... I want to be a mommy but I'm scared... I thought I'd have more time to prepare (though you think at almost 27 years old, I'd have had enough time). I just am scared that I can't do everything I should be able to to be a good mother. I just feel so ill-prepared and scared. I hate change anyway, but I always thought this would be one change I'd welcome... so these feelings I'm having are very surprising and horrible to me, but I can't help it...

Sorry for crapping on your thread, Missy. :( I hope all is going well over on the other side of the world. We can't wait to see baby Tyler's debut!

PJ's Mom
05-16-2005, 04:03 PM
You will feel that way off and on up until the time your little one is born, and even after you'll wonder if you're capable of taking care of him/her. It's perfectly normal, and from what we've seen around here, you're gonna be a great mommy. :) It's normal to lose touch with some friends , but you will make new ones. :)

NoahsMommy
05-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Any news on how Missy and Tyler are doing??

I'm excited!!! :D

christa
05-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Any news? Deb???

I don't wanna go to bed without knowing something!

kimlovescats
05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm dyin' to hear something!!! DEB!!!!!!:eek: ;)

gini
05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Poor Deb.......I imagine SHE would like to hear something too.

You just know she will let out a whoop and a holler and let us know right away!

PJ's Mom
05-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Awww, still nothing?

:eek:

Sirrahsim
05-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm still pregnant. The induction was a flop. Tyler was perfectly happy to stay right where he was:rolleyes: :( :D Hopefully he'll arrive naturally sometime this week.

catnapper
05-17-2005, 04:11 AM
Awww.... I saw you posted, and I was all excited to hear you say "I'm a mommy!!"

Good things come to those who wait! He must be verrrry good mommy! :D