PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Dog Your Hero?

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 03:13 AM
:) crayola is! since it was his birthday recently, (may 12th) and I thought, smiled all of his days with me and how lucky I am to have him! and he was my hero once...

to summarize: he saved me from a fire that could collapse on me from above (3rd floor) when I was in bathtub. alarm blareeed, he had to call me, got me to the out front-door into hallway until I see fire-lights. it was crazy! I had 8 cats at that time with cages unprepared, I ended up was being pulled out with leaving three cats in there..yikes. :( but thanks to crayola! 3 better than.....all. the firefighters gave him a good pat after! ....*crayola shines*.

hey, share yours please if you have one! :)

gina & her ark

Vette
05-14-2005, 04:41 AM
I dont have anything like that to add.. but like to say that my dog is a hero in his own way. hes lifted my spirits more then once when i was feeling down and keeps me company when theres no one else awake. i think hes hero enough for me. :D

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Well, Crayola is my hero then too!! What a WONDERFUL boy he is....he's always there for you and I love that.

Hugs, Kelly :)

chocolatepuppy
05-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Great job Crayola! You sure are a hero! I guess my dogs never 'saved' me but have helped me greatly by alerting me to any car or person that goes to my druggie neighbors house. I can get license numbers that way. ;) And I like to be aware of what goes on over there for my own safety. No one slips by my girls! :D

KYS
05-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Crayola is certainly a HERO!!!
What a great story.

Keech my lab.GSD mix is my Hero.
She is at the Rainbow Bridge now.

When she was 6 months old,
I took her with me to the public bathroom around
12:00 a.m. (My family and I was camping)
Someone came through the door soon after me,
and she started growling.
THe person quickly left.

THe next day my family and I were walking her,
on about our 4th walk around the crowded
camp ground,
she started growling at this man
walking by.
My family and I new it had to be the
same man that walked into the bathroom that
night.

Keech was the friendliest dog, and that was the 1st of
only 3 times that she had ever growled at someone
in her 12 years with me.

She was my best friend and my Hero.

animal_rescue
05-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Aww good job Crayola!
You are defenitly a hero:)

Simon(RB) saved me once.
When I was younger I think around 7 or 8, My friends and I were playing in our backyard when a group a boys came into our backyard with a gun threatening to shoot us(we didn't know it was fake) well Simon opened up his kennel door and rushed at the kid holding the gun, he didn't break the skin but the kid had a good bite wound on him from Simon...
What sucked though was the kid's mother called to cops on US, luckily though the cop told us we had done a good job since we had told the boy 3 times to leave us alone, he said Simon was a hero.

anna_66
05-14-2005, 10:24 AM
The three I have now are hero's in their own special way:)

But RB Angus was my hero. I had put some toast in the oven and forgotten about it:o For some reason I didn't even smell it, but Angus did. When I took it out of the oven it was almost on fire. I hate to think how long it would have took me to realize it was in there, I could have burned the house down if it wasn't for him!

And Gina, Crayola sure sounds like he is a wonderful hero!

Glacier
05-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Happy belated birthday Crayola! What a good pupper you are!

My dogs have never saved me from a burning building, but I rely on my lead dogs alot when I am running the dog team. Pingo has great ice sense. If she won't cross ice, there's a reason. I never argue with her anymore. I did once and I ended up in lots of overflow--open water above a layer of ice.

Before she retired, Sleet always knew the way home. I got lost once several years ago running a small team. I ended up about 50km from home, if I had been on the road. I think the team ran about 30 on the trails. It was getting dark, I wasn't prepared for a night run or a night outside in the Yukon winter. So I got off the sled, told Sleet I had no idea how to get home and it was going to be up to her.

When I pulled the hook again she ran a few hundred yards and then turned up a trail. Turned out that trail was a driveway, the only house for miles and they had a phone. The couple that lived there let me in to warm up, gave my dogs a snack and I used their phone to call home. Stuart wasn't home so I waited there for a bit. Eventually, the man, Werner, loaded up me, my dogs, my sled into his SUV and drove us home. I don't know if Sleet really knew where she was going, but her decision to turn saved me from a long cold night!

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 02:53 PM
thanks kirby, lacey, mandy, keech, simon, angus, roxey, huney, bon, pingo and sleet!!! you little guys did great loving your best friend! oooh I love this thread...animals CAN be our heroes! *all of furdogs shinning with patriot bandana in godlight spot* and thank you, the crazy catlady, kelly! :)

vette: I know what you mean. absolutely right on too! like if it weren't for my crayola, I'll have more bad days.

chocolate: well well, they're still your heroes! license plate recordings is often done because of 'suspects' and since your dogs do that, you are saving by them in case something happens! ;) my crayola don't 'save' me daily but always calls me when he hears A sound.

KYS: woohoo keech! she sure was a special little girl! it's so nice when you have someone beside you!

animalrescue: nice story! way to go, simon!! too bad he's in RB too. :( I'd love to meet him.. you know, people says you're lucky but you're lucky to have him! and both of you are always lucky. on or off the earth.

anna: yeah, your 'three musketeers' going into your shiny blue dogmobile and shine too! :D I do not know much about angus but I definitely see that he's really in your heart, hero or not! yes, any dog can be hero in their own way because they love you (and you all other) no matter what! even if YOU aren't their hero...too. :) :p

glacier: wow! what a snowy stories...! see, guys, dogs have great sense with smells & sounds therefore great heroes always! this one reminded me of a story about two emus who a boy got lost in forest in rain found them sleeping on sides of his. he still got up with little chills...so imagine if no emus, he'd be dead.

great job guys!!! I'm so proud of you..(and yes, you too, my crayola!) :) :) hey, I'm sure there's more out there!! ;) ;) most people think they do nothing.. :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
05-14-2005, 03:42 PM
NiƱo is my soul and my happiness. He keeps me alive, so he is my hero.

lute
05-14-2005, 04:06 PM
no hero stories here.

sandragonfly
06-13-2005, 05:34 PM
suki, so true and simple! :)

*crayola barking* there should be plentora of fuzzy heroes! ;) we need some more heart smiling.. just yesterday, a man who came up to me, complaining about a dog who's so cruel... I wasn't in mood to say, ARE YOU BLIND? :(

Roxyluvsme13
06-13-2005, 05:43 PM
awww...what a touching story no my dog didn't do anything to save my life, but i saved hers she was goin to be put to sleep the next day if i hadn't adopted her:( but to repay me she has been a great friend thru good and bad times

Roxyluvsme13
06-13-2005, 05:45 PM
awww...what a touching story no my dog didn't do anything to save my life, but i saved hers she was goin to be put to sleep the next day if i hadn't adopted her:( but to repay me she has been a great friend thru good and bad times:)

Bigyummydog
06-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Last Halloween, we had our little set up on our porch. We had bails of hay around the porch just high enough to keep MAXIMUS in and the kids could still reach over. MAXIMUS looooves Halloween. Anyway , he knows it's just make-up and costumes. Halfway through the night, a woman, dressed like a witch brought her two kids by, and MAXIMUS actually growled at her. He never growls at anyone, except the mailman :confused: . We went through the night, with rubber masks, really great make-up jobs, etc., no more growling at any of them. Later, we found out who the woman was. She's really horrible to her young kids. Do you think MAXIMUS knew she was a bad person? I'm sure he would save us from anything if he had to. But, do you think our pets can sense things like that?

chocolatepuppy
06-14-2005, 05:58 PM
I think they can sense things about people. ;)

luvofallhorses
06-14-2005, 06:00 PM
All of my dogs are my heros in their own special way :)

cyber-sibes
06-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Wow, inspirational stories of canine heroism!
No hero story here, but my dogs are my "role models", they are loving, forgiving, trusting (and they have great sense of who can be trusted), almost fearless, smart, funny, and know how to just "let it go" and have a good time anywhere! They don't hold grudges, seek revenge, or talk about people behind their backs (at least, I don't think they do:confused: ) They take life as it comes, and I can't think of many people whose company I would prefer over my "three huskyteers!"