PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise series finale **Spoilers**

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Did anyone watch the finale tonight? What did you think?

I thought it was a pretty bad episode, with Riker and Troi stealing the show. I don't really remember the TNG episode "The Pegasus" that this episode was referring to, but Data's voice and Picard's head were a nice touch.

I'm not sure what to think about Trip's death though. I thought his smile was cool, and I suppose his death served a purpose.

The final 15 seconds was great but it made me sad. Bye bye Trek. :(

smokey the elder
05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
I thought Trip's death was lame, like Tasha Yar's in TNG. He survives the Zindi, time wars, etc. and gets killed taking out some gangstas? Puh-leaze.:p

PJ's Mom
05-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Well he did die saving Archer's life so he could make it to the conference.

Ok so it was lame. :p

Karen
05-14-2005, 11:34 AM
I was really disappointed - they could have just skipped that last episode, the next-to-last would have made a better finale.

I thought Trip's "final smile" was a bit too much. His death seemed to be purposeless, like they just felt the need for some unnecessary melodrama. As big a Star Trek fan as I am, I thought this last series was not good enough - with all the imagination in the world, all the volumes of fan fiction out there, etc., all the posiibilities for stories at their disposal, they didn't come up with much new or exciting.

Oh, and it bugged the heck outta me that no one looked at all different when this episode was supposedly ten years later than the one before. Not even Porthos looked like an old dog.

Just my 2ยข.

PJ's Mom
05-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Oh, and it bugged the heck outta me that no one looked at all different when this episode was supposedly ten years later than the one before. Not even Porthos looked like an old dog.

Good point. I hadn't noticed, but you're right. I was very glad though that they didn't forget Porthos. (I thought for sure they would)

I felt that the Enterprise cast should've been rather insulted that TPTB didn't think they could pull off a finale without the help of Riker and Troi. I love TNG crew but they didn't belong here. It was a feeble last attempt to draw in viewers and I think all it did was reinforce the belief that Trek has been run into the ground. They couldn't have "grasped" for a good story anymore than that.

Time to pull out the DS9 DVD's and watch some "good" Trek. ;)

prechrswife
05-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I pretty much agree with everything that has been said already. I can't believe they killed off Trip that way. He was one of my favorite characters. They could have done much better. The TNG tie-in was a bad idea.