PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Good & Bad News..

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 04:06 PM
hello,

first of all, I THANK YOU!! God must have been sitting this site in his hands! wow, jeez…you guys are best. I too am glad I get to update this myself before kelly does a more work! she already has so much stresses going on too. here is her last update of me and I’m going to repolish it – kelly, again, thank, thank you SO much for everything!

kelly said..
Update for Thursday...

Gina is out of the hospital, but it having a heck of a time with her animals. She has them spread out from Gilroy to Sacramento...as her place isn't safe with that gas leak.

Crayola is having some skin allergy problems...and its his birthday today. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CRAYOLA!!)

The two kittens that are ill because of the leak are still sick. One is home and doing better (Fogster), but the other one (Quest) is real sick and still at the vets office. Quest really needs some prayers right now too.

Zephyra (the cat in Gina's avitar) got a knife dropped on her by the person watching the cats. :eek: Gina said the cut may have to be looked at by the vet...and is worried about that.

I guess the vet that normally see's Gina's animals is not working with her...charging her full price and not really being helpful. This isn't what Gina needs right now. Poor girl. :(

Even Miles is chewing on his tail again (something he seems to do when Gina is gone...she had a long hospital stay last year and this started then). :(

Poor thing!! Please pray Gina gets a little bit of a rest...she needs to get well so she can THEN deal with all this other stuff.

Thank you,
Kelly :)
I need your thoughts given and hoping to make bad news gone soon…please? hopefully this will be the last sad thread at last!!!

- when I was in hospital, thankfully my friend told me that there was a gas leak at my place after I was being discharged or I’ll be gone in a doctor’s blink! now quest and fogster is home…but I was told to must keep an eye on quest with his few last medications.

- miles is fine now, wrapped up with "no-chewing-sweetie" bandage on tip of his tail. crayola is doing okay, he’s on the medication again for his allergy, he got this same issue from last year but I left him too long and his dried skin started to annoy him. I find blood scabs everywhere! that makes me sad...but he’ll be okay! (yesterday it was his 3rd birthday!! ...please enjoy his birthday picture) :)

http://tinypic.com/52nbtl

- my kitten, gus was taken to an emergency clinic two days ago (after I visited my boys, quest and fogster) to have his interior-eye bleeding check and vet can’t find why.. (!?!) then booted me out with a huge bill of two eyexams... :mad: :( he doesn’t even tell me what I should do next... it frightens me as well. here are pictures of his eyes below --

first day (wednesday), I got home and his right eye was all yellow-reddish, bloodclots swam around inside.
http://tinypic.com/52mnt0

yesterday, it went back blue a bit, ..but why or how did it happened??
http://tinypic.com/52mo3s

as of today, he acts and plays better as of “not in pain...” do you people have any idea what it is or how did it happened? help!!
http://tinypic.com/52ncwy

- unbelievably my friend accidentally dropped a pretty big knife on zephyra’s back and thought everything would be ok “because she didn’t yelp...or left a bloodspot”. you could tell her part of where it hit just had a haircut, a straight chopped line. :eek: she’s on antibod-creams and hopefully the scar will get smaller! right now it’s really open and big, vet said it’s too late to stitch the gash up. pray for no infection!!

- speaking of infection...I had another GI upper exam this morning for a follow up to check if everything’s still allright. it is, doctor wrote this down with his permanent marker, “gina, you have a beautiful stomach.” yay...but the infected incisions needed to be fixed. I shouldn’t have moved, drove a lot but I let gauzes rubbing my tummy all day in two past days. pains are coming back a little but I’m doing okay.

your thoughts in prayers really, really helped me lately – I couldn’t believe I kept on getting hugs, reminding me that I’m not doing this all alone! thank you so much again. I hope to come back with better news! xohugs,

gina & her ark

chocolatepuppy
05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Gina, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all of your babies and you get and stay healthy! :) And Happy Birthday to Crayola!!! :D

RedHedd
05-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh Gina! What a rough time you've had of it. Here's some head bumpies, hugs and purrs that healing all around is swift and sweet. Special hugs to Crayola on his B'day! G and the M's

robinh
05-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Gina - you are such a good mommy. You are more worried about your babies than yourself.

Please take good care of all of you. You are a valuable member here, we definitely want you healthy. Give all the kitties head scratches for me. And give Crayola a smooch. I'm glad you are all on the road to recovery.

Robin
Max, Carly, Molly, Kirby and Muffin

luvofallhorses
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh Gina I am glad you are back with us :)
I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Happy Birthday to Crayola, I love her b-day picture :)

Karen
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
So glad you are feeling betterish and are home to take care of your babies. Happy Birthday, Crayola! Are all those colored tennis balls his birthday present? That looks like Golden Retreiver heaven! You'll still be in our prayers, you and all your hurting critters.

gini
05-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Gina, more prayers for your complete recovery cannot hurt - with prayers tucked in for all of your babies.

We want only GOOD news now coming from you - you have been through more in a short time than most people have been through in their whole lives.

Big hugs to you - and don't forget TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
thank you, thank you all again!!

karen, no...I wasn't really able to be with him on his birthday! he was sick and so was I too, a very quiet birthday for him but ...hopefully by end of this month I'm better to take him to miko's (bcblondie's dog) birthday party (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76410) and make sure he gets one too! those balls I got for him was a few months ago when I got home from another hospital. crayola needs 'crayola' balls! :)

*hugging crayola* so sorry. you'll get a lot, lot of belly-rubs from my tiring hands tonight anyway! ;) :)

kimlovescats
05-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome back, Gina .... so glad to hear that you are feeling better and happier as well. You have really had a difficult time here lately, and I'm so glad that things are starting to settle down for you now. I hope all the kitties get better soon ... not sure about that eye ... I can't believe the vet didn't even explain what is wrong! I think it's time for a new vet!!!

Hugs to Birthday boy, Crayola!! Love the "crayola" balls too!!!:D

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by gini
Big hugs to you - and don't forget TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!

thank you but oh lord, help me.. I think only for those who can take care of themselves if they could stand seeing their furkids laying in pain and snooze off! :eek: well, at least if I'm pushing myself as much as my kids needed me, I guess that's what He wants. ;) :) ok, this is not a joke... :rolleyes: :(

crayola isn't feeling good but just dropped his head on my arm..(zZz)..knowing you wished him a affectionate birthday!

dukedogsmom
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
We are very glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry you've had so much sadness in your life this past month or so. I love that pic of Crayola. Happy Birthday, Crayola! Please give him a great big hug from me. I'm glad that we could be of comfort to you. I hope all your other animals will be alright and hopefully things can get back to normal for you. I can't believe your vet is behaving that way. Is there another one near there that you can trust?

Oggyflute
05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
It's good to see you on the boards again Gina. I'm thinking that the corner has turned and good things will come your way.:) Best thoughts and wishes to you and your kids.:)

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
((((Gina)))))

Its so great to see you back here again!! I'm glad your furkids are getting better. That's great news, honey!

Hugs,

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
thaks guys :) :)

duke's mom: I've went to every local vets in four "sister/brother" cities and all of them want the money! the one I had my four kittens checked by is one and half hour away, too far for emergencies. but I made an appointment for that one next week, just can't wait... . . . .

bckrazy
05-14-2005, 01:50 AM
OMGz. . Gina! you've been through so much. I honestly wouldn't be able to take it as well, at all. :) It sounds like things are getting better, I really hope all of your animals can make it home soon and I'm sure they'll be happy to see their mommy! You care a lot about them. . make sure you take care of yourself, too ^_^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAYOLA!!. . aw, handsome boy! I'll see you in 2 weeks, when we officially celebrate your B-day and you get all of your pressies :D

CathyBogart
05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
YIKES!! So many things happening at once!! :( At least some of them are starting to get better. It's great to see you posting again.

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2005, 02:05 AM
It's great to hear from you Gina.:D Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. I hope that you and all of your furkids will recover quickly and continue to stay happy and healthy.:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAYOLA!!! I hope you had a great day.:D

smokey the elder
05-14-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I tremendously admire your courage and caring for your pets. Please care for yourself, too, so you can love on your furkids. Happy Birthday, Crayola!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Yippie, you're back on PT !!:)
I don't understand very well what's wrong with your pets here, but it makes me happy to see how well you take care of them. Thanks for that!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 07:05 PM
thank you everyone!! crayola is under me and says bark you! and I too, I've got the prayers/thoughts I needed! for a new positive news...

this morning, I called our best vet to just to question him about gus's eye to get some idea than waiting and wonder until next week for his check up. as being on the phone, I described how it started...ends, etc. he sees it's going to be fine! (his red eye ligthens, getting bluer). said he must have thunked himself somehow when I was out but it'll go away...so now that I don't have go there! (yay, driveless, buckless and a worry off..) unless he stops playing or eating very well, and having his eye bleed again, definitely go back to that, our favorite coast white coatist!

everything else is recovering as well...hope this continues!! :)

bye for now,
gina & her ark

Corinna
05-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Gina I'm so glad you are getting better but girl will you slow down and let your body heal!? Mommy has spoken.
Happy birthday Crayola take good care of your mommy.

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm so glad his eye is healing now...great news!!

Hope you have less pain today.

Hugs,

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 09:16 PM
corinna, I'm trying! :)

noahs, I hope so too. :( this afternoon, I threw up after trying a 1/4 of bowl of mac and cheese.. now my tummy pain is giving me a headache...you ask. :o

joycenalex
05-15-2005, 09:23 PM
sweetie, try some thing easier on the tummy...chicken broth and slightly overcooked rice, a little bit, maybe half a cup total, oatmeal or weak tea and 1slice dry toast, egg drop soup ( my moms' version- 2 cups boiling chicken broth, beat 1 egg in a cup, then pour in a stream into the boiling broth, remove immediately from heat, eat slowly), carnation instant breakfast. i know this is boring, but lthis has worked for me. hope this helps. ((HUGS))

sandragonfly
05-16-2005, 12:16 AM
joyce, any help is appreciated!! I'm getting really frustrated here to eat, still receiving abdomenal pains. :( today, my friend asked me if I could eat mash potatos, I cried. :confused: creamy wheat and toast slices sound good, thank you!

sigh..it has been too long. today isn't great, my avator cat, zephyra "broke" her leg. and I couldn't stop crying. :( :( :( oh well, I have a life.