PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Adopting Another Dog!

Sevens
05-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I went on Petfinder this morning because one of our neighbors works at Animal Control and her shelter is on there.

I saw this gorgeous girl! I think she looks kind of like Guinness!

She's 1 year old, which would be perfect for us. She's about Guinness' size, but she's younger than him, he's probably closer to 3 or 4.

Here's her Petfinder page:
Kathleen @ Richmond Animal Shelter (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4355385&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=4284dbdd7050bcf0-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=&stat=)

We will be taking Guinness at noon tomorrow to meet her.

You know, I've been really afraid of even the idea of getting another dog after what happened with Bailey. I've been afraid that I won't be able to love another dog as much as I loved her. Then I saw this one and am so excited about the idea of adopting her. I wonder if this is a sign from Bailey telling me I'm ready again. I hope so.....:)

caseysmom
05-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I think another dog is a great idea! I think about what you went through all the time. I think it would be great for guinness.

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 12:18 PM
She's very pretty! She does look similar to Guiness, at least in the photographs! And, don't worry about it, it's not about loving another dog more than you loved Bailey. There's no comparison at all, each pet is meant to be different and loved differently. :) I think it's a good idea for everyone involved! Good luck!

Jadapit
05-13-2005, 12:20 PM
She is beautiful! She does look a lot like Guiness. I love her ears.
I hope all goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Jods
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Beautiful pup she looks like she had some pitty in her too! Good luck hope all goes well tomorrow.

K9soul
05-13-2005, 12:58 PM
She's such a cutie! I sure wish you the best. I bet it is indeed a sign from Bailey, pointing you in the right direction :)

Logan
05-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!!!!! :) We'll all be waiting to hear how it goes!!!! :D

anna_66
05-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh I'm so happy to hear your thinking about another pup.

I can tell you from experience...you will love that new one. It will definately not be the same as it was with your RB baby, but they do worm their way into your heart and make their own little place there:)

Good Luck tomorrow, I hope it all works out for you:D

Kfamr
05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Stephanie, I'm so excited for you!
I've been wondering how you all are doing.
I do think this is Bailey's way of telling you it's okay. What a sweet pup Kathleen is. Good luck and I hope everything works out. {{HUGS}}

ParNone
05-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi sevens!

Oh whattacutie she is! I always believe in going with your gut. If she feels right, then I view it as a sign that she's the one.

I agree with Anna too, that they find a way of wheedling their way into your heart. The first week or so with Gully were a lil' rough, cuz I kept crying about Maddie. But oh my gosh do I love that lil' guy now. He's his own lil' unique lil' self and I'm just bursting at the seams with love for him. I still love and miss Maddie, but I found out my heart had plenty of room to love another.

Par...

lute
05-13-2005, 03:34 PM
she's so pretty.:D

LuckiLab03
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Sevens

You know, I've been really afraid of even the idea of getting another dog after what happened with Bailey. I've been afraid that I won't be able to love another dog as much as I loved her.

I thought the EXACT same thing when Riley came along. I don't know if this applies to anyone else, but I love Riley and Brooke in a different way. Brooke was my first dog and holds a special place in my heart, but we've had Riley since she was 8 weeks old, and now she is more like my little kid. Brooke was more of a sister since I grew up with her.

Don't worry though, you'll find out that you have enough room in your heart for more dogs. There's a quote out there that says when you get more kids/dogs (whatever) the love you have for them doesn't split in half, it doubles.

Good luck on getting her!! :D

chocolatepuppy
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
What a pretty pup! Good luck tomorrow when you meet her. There is always more room in our hearts, the spot in your heart for Bailey will always be there! :)

lizbud
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Kathleen is a pretty pup. I do hope she and Guinness hit it
off. Since having added Maggie to my family, I can't imagine not having two dogs together. Good luck tomorrow.:)

Oggyflute
05-13-2005, 10:33 PM
She's a very pretty girl, I hope things go well for you.:)

Uabassoon
05-13-2005, 10:44 PM
She's beautiful! This is so exciting :) I hope everything works out!

K9karen
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh, Stef, Yum! Yum! What a beauty! You KNOW once you see her, you'll find it hard to resist her, don't you? Dale sent Christiansmommy (Robyn) her Harlee, Cody sent me my Logan (for real) so, take the good feeling and go with it! You don't replace, you just keep on loving! Good Luck!