PDA

View Full Version : I'm super stoked!

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey, everyone! Look at my ticker! Ben gets here tomorrow! WOO HOO! And, I got my tax refund back finally! Over $800! YAY! Not that I get to actually spend it on anything fun, but, that's ok, it's better than the $4 I had in the bank. ;) Anyway, I'm just excited, and, I wanted to share it with you guys. Finn will be so happy, he and Ben are friends. Ok, I'm done being a dork.

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Kari, I was gonna make a post for you to wish you luck, but you beat me. lol

Have a great time with Ben and don't forget to post a picture of him. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Oops, must have missed something... :rolleyes: ! Who is Ben ? Another pet?;
He he, it must be great to get such a tax-refund!!

petslover
05-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm really happy for you and 800 dollars is always a plus! :D

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Oops, must have missed something... :rolleyes: ! Who is Ben ? Another pet?;
He he, it must be great to get such a tax-refund!!

Nah, Ben's a boy! :o He's a cool boy, too, and, I really like him. Ha ha, sorry, the whole thing is just so crazy and cheesy, it makes me laugh at myself all the time. :) And, yeah, it's fantastic to get such a good refund. I owe it out already, but, that's ok. I might be able to spend a little bit on myself. Eh, probably not, but, it will be nice to pay my dad back. But, I think Dad will let me use some of it to buy brakes for my car, as Ben is going to fix them for me while he's visiting. :) I hate to make him work while he's on vacation, but, he said it's no big deal. I'll have to go to some training and testing while he's here anyway, so, maybe he can do it then. :)

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Kari, I was gonna make a post for you to wish you luck, but you beat me. lol

Have a great time with Ben and don't forget to post a picture of him. :D

Aw, thanks, Dawn! :) You're so thoughtful! I have a photo of him already online, but, it's just not very representative of him now, as it is a few years old and he has a mohawk and a funny beard, and, he is cleanshaven with an all over short haircut now. Quite a difference! I'll get some of him with Finn! :)

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Nah, Ben's a boy! :o He's a cool boy, too, and, I really like him.

LOL :D Oh boy. I'm sitting here laughing at you. You're so cute! LOL

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:40 AM
LOL :D Oh boy. I'm sitting here laughing at you. You're so cute! LOL

Ha ha, it's so ridiculous. I'm like a spastic butterfly. I'm trying to keep calm, though, I don't want my dad to worry about my sanity. Not that he thinks I'm normal, but, anyway. And, I wrote it that way "and, I really like him", because I feel like a goofy kid, it was supposed to make you laugh. :D And, I'm glad it worked! I know I needed a laugh, yesterday was rough!

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Do you have everything ready for him...like a clean house and stuff? :)

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Do you have everything ready for him...like a clean house and stuff? :)

Of course! My mother is the type of woman that will clean a place before the cleaning people come. Not that we can afford that luxury, but, she's had it done a couple of times in her life. My allergies were killing me from dusting the room I'm in. It's where my parents keep their DVDs and VHS tapes (which they have about 4000 titles) on bookshelves. Those aren't too hard to do, but, my dad collects beer steins and model cars, so, they're a royal pain! ANd, they're all over the bookshelves. I'm studying more today, and, for "breaks", I'm cleaning the bathroom and my car. Not really fun breaks, but, anything other than reading about insurance at that point will be welcome, I'm sure. :)

Jadapit
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
I agree with Dawn you are too cute!:D I hope you guys have a great time with each other. I cant wait to see pictures of him.;)

Congrats on the income tax refund. We had to pay into the good old IRS this year.:(

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
It's probably best if you stay busy...you know use up all that nervous energy and stuff. :D

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm also hoping to go to the liquor store and pick up some of the beer Ben drinks. It's a Texas brew, so, it is not available at a gas station around here, but, there's a HUGE "beverage warehouse" just about five minutes from here, so, I can get the beer from there. He's not a big drinker, though, so, I won't have to get a lot. And, I've found a couple of places to go and play some pool, too. And, we're making plans to spend a couple of nights on the beach near Charleston. That will be nice, just walking on the beach and going out in Charleston at night. I'm looking forward to that!

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jadapit
I agree with Dawn you are too cute!:D I hope you guys have a great time with each other. I cant wait to see pictures of him.;)

Congrats on the income tax refund. We had to pay into the good old IRS this year.:(

:o My face hurts from smiling. You guys are making me even more excited!

That sucks that you had to pay. I've never really made enough money to pay. So, I don't know, I guess it's six in one hand, half a dozen in the other, right? However that saying goes....They'll get ya one way or the other.

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
It's probably best if you stay busy...you know use up all that nervous energy and stuff. :D

Good grief, yes. I'm considering bathing Finn, too. But, then again, maybe not. I don't know if I have that much energy. And, it's not like he's bad in the bath, we just don't have a mobile shower head here, I need to get one of those pet bath attachment things first. :)

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
And, we're making plans to spend a couple of nights on the beach near Charleston. That will be nice, just walking on the beach and going out in Charleston at night. I'm looking forward to that!

I wish you would quit it. Now I'm all excited! lol

I'm sure that will stop when hubby walks through the door though. :D

Do you have to pick him up at the airport?

Jadapit
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I wish you would quit it. Now I'm all excited! lol

I'm sure that will stop when hubby walks through the door though. :D

LMAO Dawn!:D :D You are too funny.

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 11:12 AM
:D Thank you. It's a gift. lol

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 11:16 AM

Yup, I'm going tomorrow to Greenville, shouldn't take more than an hour and a half to two hours to get there. I think my mother may go with me, though, and, I'm trying to convince my dad to let us take the explorer. My car just isn't capable of making the trip, I don't think. Keep your fingers crossed. We'll have to take my mom's Mustang if not, and, it's just not made for three people and luggage. :)

jennifert9
05-13-2005, 11:49 AM
LOL! I just saw this thread!! And I PMed you because I didn't know if it was a "group" subject!! :D :rolleyes:
Anyway, glad to hear he is coming, everything is well and that you are excited for his visit!!
Can't wait to see PICTURES!! Have fun!!

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
LOL! I just saw this thread!! And I PMed you because I didn't know if it was a "group" subject!! :D :rolleyes:
Anyway, glad to hear he is coming, everything is well and that you are excited for his visit!!
Can't wait to see PICTURES!! Have fun!!

I know, I can't wait to get pictures! :) I only have one of him, and, as I mentioned earlier, I haven't posted it and won't until I have some recent ones to share. ;) You'll see why soon enough. He looks so different! My mom freaked when she saw the picture I have of him. Ha ha, but, he's a cutie, and, such a nice guy! I'm very excited. I'm off to read your pm. :)

Logan
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I can't remember where he is flying in from. :o And I know you're coming here, but I have no idea of our schedule for tomorrow. My husband has been gone all week and we finally have a weekend at home, by ourselves. If I don't see you tomorrow, I will definitely make sure we meet sometime soon.

Have a great reunion!! :)

finn's mom
05-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I can't remember where he is flying in from. :o And I know you're coming here, but I have no idea of our schedule for tomorrow. My husband has been gone all week and we finally have a weekend at home, by ourselves. If I don't see you tomorrow, I will definitely make sure we meet sometime soon.

Have a great reunion!! :)

Not a big deal, my mother is actually going to go, too, so, it's probably better that we just get to the airport and come home. :) We're way too close to eachother to not meet up sometime, though, so, we'll make it happen! Ben is flying in from Dallas, Texas! I'm excited!

Oggyflute
05-13-2005, 10:40 PM
You just make me smile mate. I'm sure Ben would love to do your brakes. Blokes really don't mind, it's that damsel in distress thing.:D

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
You just make me smile mate. I'm sure Ben would love to do your brakes. Blokes really don't mind, it's that damsel in distress thing.:D

Ha ha, and, you say **I** make **YOU** smile?! Come on, you always bring the biggest grins to my face! Damsel in distress, huh? Well, you're right, my car has become pretty distressing. :) He's also a mechanic/technician and that's just what he does. :) It's almost nine, we'll be leaving in less than two hours to get Ben from the airport! YAY!

PJ's Mom
05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Have a great time, Kari! ((hugs)))

anna_66
05-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Been keeping track of this whole thing, hope you have a wonderful time:D

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Awww, you are cute. :)

Hope you and Ben have fun!!

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok, everyone, Ben's here! :) :) :) :) :D I'm posting pics here in a sec!

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 06:37 PM
We went for a boat ride on my dad's pontoon boat pretty much as soon as we got back home. It is a great night out, and, it was so nice on the boat! I took these photos myself, so, they're aren't the best! That's me on the left, ha ha. ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/lizdorey/Ben001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/lizdorey/Ben002.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/lizdorey/Ben003.jpg

Oh, yeah, and, here's what Ben looked like as an 18-year-old (four years ago!)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/lizdorey/Ben.jpg

Thanks for being so patient with me the last day or so, I've just been really excited! :)

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Aww....you guys are really cute together!!

Glad you are having fun. How long is Ben out here for?

PJ's Mom
05-14-2005, 09:49 PM
He's there for 10 days. :)

Kari, he's cute! I hope you guys are having fun. :)

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks you guys! I think he is a doll. :) And, we are having fun. We were out on the boat today already and Finn has already shown him how much he loves the lake. It was so funny, I wasn't intending for him to get in the water, but, he had his own agenda. He got in there and started tugging on someone's jetski anchor. Very funny. Anyway, I will post more pictures as they're taken. :)

Oggyflute
05-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Have fun Kari.(don't forget the car;) ):D

finn's mom
05-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Have fun Kari.(don't forget the car;) ):D

He's already looked at it. :)

PJ's Mom
05-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Don't you feel like you've got a whole group of us there with you during Ben's time there? :D

finn's mom
05-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Don't you feel like you've got a whole group of us there with you during Ben's time there? :D

That's a good feeling most of the time. Sometimes, thinking there's a group could feel kinda weird. ;) My parents think he's a nice guy, and, we already all played dominoes (we play a game called Mexican Train, it's fun!) last night. Not sure what we're doing today, but, whatever it is, I'm sure it will be cool.

Kfamr
05-15-2005, 09:37 AM
He sure is a looker! You're pretty as always too, Kari.

Jadapit
05-15-2005, 10:03 AM
He's a cutie! It sounds like you are having tons of fun with him.;)

finn's mom
05-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
He sure is a looker! You're pretty as always too, Kari.

You're making me blush, Kay. Thanks for the sweet compliment.

finn's mom
05-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jadapit
He's a cutie! It sounds like you are having tons of fun with him.;)

I think so, too. ;) And, we are having tons of fun, and, there's only more to come!

anna_66
05-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Don't you two look adorable together! Sounds like your having the time of your life:D