PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone.. We're New

JoeyGina
05-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey Everybody..

Just here to introduce myself and my little one's.. My name is Lauren and my 2 kits are Joey and Gina. We have been a family now since the end of January of 2005. It has been absolutely wonderful and we're all looking forward to each new day together. My Joseph is now a big 7 months (on the 15th) and Gina just turned 14 months on the 1st :)

We are looking forward to reading all about everybody's pups and kitties . We love all animals, though for now, we are one human, and 2 Kitties. We'll see what the future holds for our family. For right now, it's quite a trip so we'll probably wait a while for any new editions ;) Mom's tired :o

Okay, that is our intro.. We are going to go now and read some of your posts. Hope to get to know you and your babies:D

Love Lauren, Gina, and Joey:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Trentanimom/Joey%20And%20Gina/awwwboth.jpg

animal_rescue
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Welcome to PT and what precious babies you have!:D
I have 4 kitties and 6 foster kitties currently with me. Along with 3 dogs, 1 horse, 1 bird, and 1 guinea pig and the rest of my human family.

catnapper
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
What cuties! Looks like they love each other, awwwwwww.

My name is Kim, and I have 4 cats (all tabbies) and one dog. I also have a hubby who's a bigger pushover for animals than I am, and three teenagers.

catlover4ever
05-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Lauren, Gina and Joey...Welcome to Pet Talk. I love the photo of Joey and Gina...such beautiful babies.

My name is Meg. I have a wonderful husband who loves all 7 of my babies as much as I do. I have 7 kitties and they range in ages from 18 1/2 years old (Tucker) to 10 months old (Gracie and Gabriel). My Gracie and Gabriel are 2 special needs babies...they are a bit on the blind side...:rolleyes: but you would never know that they can barely see anything.

Welcome again and I look forward to hearing more about you and Gina and Joey as well as seeing more photos of them.

King Spartacus
05-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Hello Lauren, Joey and Gina!!!

I'm a bit of a newbie here too! Welcome to Pet Talk!

Joey and Gina are two real treasures... absolutely adorable!!!

Purries from KS!

rosethecopycat
05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome to PT.

Please identify which is which.:p
I'm guessing Joey is the Tuxie.

I have a Meezer clan and their butler (Tux).

Looking forward to more pictures.

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 09:01 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK

I'm Michelle and I as well am pretty new here. We are a family of 4 currently but that will change as soon as we can make it happen. There is Lilith and Vixen our 2 furbabies and myself anf hubby. You are going to LOVE PT. The people are all very very nice and will help you with any advice they can for your babies. They truly and genuinely care about all the furbabies. You have found a woderful place here. Can't wait to see more lots and lots more pics of Joey and Gina.

Welcome Lauren, and headbumpies and purrs from the furbabies to Joey and Gina.

Karen
05-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm Karen, and my current pet is Miss Hoppy - the little brown bunny you see as my avatar. Your kittens are beautiful - how nice they both held still long enough for a good picture! I'm guessing with two younguns, you don't have a lot of breakables on low shelves ;)

kuhio98
05-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. Your kitties are adorable!

I'm Lisa and am currently owned by 3 kitties (Halo, Cammie and Pepper). All are rescues from shelters.
Kuhio was my baby for 17 years and when she passed away in 2002, we knew we would get another cat ~ never imagined 3! :D

JoeyGina
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh Wow.. Thank you so much for the very warm welcome. You all sound absolutely wonderful. I can't believe how many babies you have! LOVE IT! :D It's crazy enough running after 2 of them :D

Haha.. Yes, you're right, Rose:D .. Joey is the one who is all dressed up .. :cool:

They do get along pretty well. Their cat-sonalities are extremely different. Gina is a VERY shy little girl. She was adopted previously, but the people brought her back because they felt she wasn't "friendly" enough. Poo on them, but in a way I am glad they did because now I have the honor of having her in my life :D . Each day she gets a bit more relaxed, and her trust is slowly beginning to build :) She was 9 months when I became her Mommy. She was in a cage for almost all her life, and before that, it was believed she may have been abused :( She is just the sweetest little thing, and she absolutely adores her new brother :D .. It's wonderful.

Joey is quite different; almost opposite cat-sonality actually. Jo was never in a cage. He lived with a foster family until he came to live with me. They were so loving toward him (it's impossible not to be ;) ) He's 7 months now, and completely equivalent to a little boy in his terrible 2's.. He is very, VERY outgoing and nutty. He loves his new sister as well, but is also a big-time people-lover.

They are my Angel's.. And spoiled like crazy!

Randi
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Welcome to PT, Lauren. :) How nice to see a picture of Joey and Gina, they are beautiful!

I'm living in Copenhagen with Fister, who is an orange tabby, almost 9 years old.

Looking forward to hear more from you! :)

JoeyGina
05-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Oh, we have so many questions :p First of all, how do you all get your babies' pictures to show up? I can't seem to do that :(

:D All your sweeties are so precious, Wow..

furrykidsmother
05-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Welcome to PT! What beauties you have! Looking forward to more pictures.

Laura's Babies
05-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Welcome to PT. I am Laura of Laura's Babies. There is a lot going on with me right now so I will not be responding much to many threads but these are a great bunch of people here and I wanted to welcome you. I will be looking forwards to being able to see your sweeties and hearing about them when things settle down for me.

Mad Mags Moo
05-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Welcome!
My name is Maggie and i am owned by two cats...Bubble and Squeak.
I am a professional cat sitter....just started up my own business 6 weeks ago and things are going well....got 6 customers already! Woo! Hoo!
Love your two pusscats.....adorable!!!!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-13-2005, 10:15 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/Smilies%20550%20welcome_kittiesletters.gif to Pettalk!!

My name here is Maya & Inka's mommy ,my real name is Lut. I have 2 cats, a bunny, a guinea pig (you can see them in my signature!) and many fish.

You will love it here! You have 2 gorgeous cats!!!

Randi
05-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Take a look at this, and you'll learn how to post pictures. :)

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?threadid=7406

smokey the elder
05-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm Alice and I'm owned by the following:

Mobius, the "matriarch", 11 year old tortie
Diva: 9 year old black CH female with a BIG mouth!:D
Diamond: 7? year old former feral who decided I needed another cat in 2000
TicTac: Black enormous male mamma's boy, Diamond's son, 5 years old
Smokey: black and gray spotted tabby female born out of Diamond on my porch in 2000
Bosun: former foster, long haired tortie with plenty of tortietude, who's about 6 years old
Bubba: another "failed foster", 9 year old, black male

And I do cat rescue so I have a continuously varying foster population.

JoeyGina
05-13-2005, 10:28 AM
A cat sitter.. I love it! Great idea. I am starting pet grooming courses at the end of this month :) It took me forever to figure out what I actually wanted to do. The idea of working with animals makes me so happy. I would rather do that than anything else in the world..

This past fall, I suffered the loss of my two precious babies, Ani and Trent. They were with me for 7 years, and we went through so much together. I lost My Trent to sarcoma and renal failure in September :( . Very shortly after, in December, I lost My Ani. They were never able to figure out what was causing Ani's sickness:( .. It was the worst time I have ever gone through in my life. Although it took me a long time to accept their passing, I can now feel comforted that my 2 beloved babies are in my heart are with me all the time. I knew that I was meant to be with cats forever.. Nothing else in life gives me the joy of being a meowmy..

Here is a photo of Ani and Trent.. Trent is the brown & white, long haired, super handsome boy, and Ani is the beautiful salt & pepper girl..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Trentanimom/The%20babies/anitrent3.jpg

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 10:36 AM
what phot hosting site are you using for your pics? Posting pics from some sites such as webshots and msn just won't work. The pics will not show up in your post. Most people I know here are using either imagestation (http://www.imagestation.com/) or photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com/). I am sure there are others but these 2 are free and work very well. Once you get all set up with one of these I can take the time to walk you through posting if you want.

I guess I won't need to help you out you got it up as quick as it took me to write my original post. Good Job.

JoeyGina
05-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for your help Everyone.. Gina figured it out ;) ..

I am so happy to hear about all the foster moms and dads.. That is wonderful. I can't wait to do that (need a bigger place first).. I love these little ones like crazy, but they are quite the handful :D
When Joey first adopted me, the dreaded r-i-n-g-w-o-r-m happened..Yikes! That wasn't fun for any of us :p I treated both of them, although Gigi never showed any signs. I can only imagine having more than 2 at that time.. Yikes again! :D

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Lauren if you want an avatar for under your name like most of us have just let me know and I will make you one. I will just need a few pics of your babies past and present if you want and maybe if you want one of you and we can make your personalized avie work. YEA

Craftlady
05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm Becky (aka Craftlady). I'm the mom of 3 fur babies. Skinny, Eleanor and Thumper.
Welcome to Pet Talk.

Logan
05-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Looks like you figured out how to post pictures very quickly! Good job!!! :) Your babies are precious and I know you miss those two beautiful creatures, Trent and Ani. I'm glad you showed us a picture of them. :) I know you miss them a lot, but I'm sure the two you have now are wonderful to have around.

You can see my "brood" below. I also have a wonderful husband and 3 kids (1 of my own and 2 step). :)

Welcome to Pet Talk!

Logan

catmandu
05-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Welcome Laura,and Joey,and Gina,From The Feeder,of The found Cats Hotel,where there are 13 Cats,and 2 Indoor/Outdoor Cats,and 5,or 6 Starry Cats,that eat here,on a regular basis.You ahve such marvellous Little Cat Companions,and we think,that you will really love,it here,as there are some truly Wonderful People,on this site!

kimlovescats
05-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Welcome to you and your beautiful babies. Two of my favorites ... a tuxie and a tabby!!!:eek: I can't wait to see and hear more about them!

Kim

sirrahbed
05-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Lauren!!...and welcome to PetTalk! My name is Debbie and my five kitties are pictures below. Rather like you, we lost our two sweethearts about 2 and 4 years ago - Bert to cancer and Ernie to kidney failure. Both were quite old and had good lives. Then, we adopted Emily and Eliot as kitten siblings who were had to go as a pair - though we had gone looking for an adult. Then we have added three more since that time and never sure when another will beg us to join the family:p

Several family members post here also : Sirrahsim (daughter) chrangharris and Sirrahved (dil's), persianmom (mom of one dil and one sil) and hubby Sirrahned. It is pretty confusing:D :D The Sirrah part is simply our last name Harris... backwards!!

I have not been posting quite as much as usual but I still read.

Again, welcome and have fun!! Your babies are just beautiful. :)Joey looks quite handsome in his tux and glad to hear he is full of fun. Gina a such a pretty girl and though I am sorry she had an early start in some cages - it was all so she could belong to you and have a dressed up brudder to snuggle:D

Have fun!!! Oh and has anyone warned you about how addicting this place can be?:eek:

jenluckenbach
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Your kitties are lovely (and you RB kitties were too).

I have 15 cats, as seen in my signature picture and I foster for a local cat rescue. I have 8 fosters right now. I kinda like cats ;)

I have been a pet groomer for 20 years :eek: (whoa! how the heck OLD am I???) So if you'd like to talk about that, feel free. :)

You should really love it here. :D

Barbara
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Welcome! I only have two kitties, just like you. They are Filou and Tigris and they are 9 years old. I could never imagine my life without them, so seeing Ani and Trent makes me sad- but on the other hand Joey and Gina look so happy and cute:)

NKBurlington
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
WELCOME!

What a couple of cuties

momcat
05-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!!
Can't wait to hear more about your resident fuzzy buddies and maybe see some pictures. I too love all animals. At the present time, I'm owned by 4 year old Groucho. He's a black and white with a Groucho Marx moustache (which is how he got his name), a great temperament and the sweetest personality. PT is the greatest. I've learned quite a lot about cats from others posting in about their cats. One of the things that most impresses me is how everyone really cares about (and falls in love with) everyone elses pet. I've only been here a short time, but already feel like a part of this wonderful family. You're in for some informative and at times thought provoking reading. Just one more thing..... keep a hold on your heart. When you see pictures of other kittys on the posts, I guarantee you're going to fall hopelessly in love. Looking forward to hearing from you again very very soon

rg_girlca
05-13-2005, 05:59 PM
A big hearty Welcome Lauren, Joey & Gina.

Joey is so adorable and Gina is such a pretty tabby girl. I just love tabbies.

You can see my furbabies in my signature and right now I have a little 4 week old kitty, going on 5 weeks, in my room that was rescued from the back lane.

Your Trent & Ani were/are absolutely gorgeous. I am so sorry for your loss. They were obviously very loved and will not be forgotten.
Rest in Peace Trent & Ani and have fun on the RB.

Grace
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
WELCOME to PT.

I'm Gretchen, mother to 5 fantastic felines - Duffy, Reese, Abby, Grady and Red.

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
lauren! and welcome!! aren't you already addictive here? ;)

at first I thought you were my brother! because he's joey and I'm gina :) :) but :o ..your dear cats! (woohoo a same name anyway!) :D

I'm gina and I own 13 non-foster indoor cats, two lovely rats, few gilly-silly fishes and a service dog, and they all welcome you, joey and gina too!

so, so sorry about trent and ani! :( *welcome hug* see ya around please! :)

rkidsrcats
05-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi and welcome to PT!
We are The Tribe: Samson (our Golden Pyrenees) lives with 5 cat brothers - Percy Peapod, Norbert, William, Tiger and Pippin! All rescues of some type. Pippin is completely blind and Tiger & William both have only 1 good eye, but that doesn't slow them down. A rambuncious bunch of rascals they are.

Hope you like it here - there are very many wonderful kitties and people. Your two cats are very adorable.

once again....welcome!
renee

christa
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Welcome! Joey & Gina are beautiful cats!

My name is Christa and I have two kitties . . . a 1&1/2 year old gray tabby named Josie and a 8 month old little boy kitty named Brodie.

You're gonna LOVE Pet Talk! It's addictive! Enjoy!

jazzcat
05-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi and Welcome to PT!

Your kitties are real cuties as were your Rainbow Bridge babies. I'm sure you miss them very much.

My name is Lori and I have five cats - Ripley, Jazz, Scout, Rocky and Rumor - and a little dog named Disney.

I'm sure you will love it here at PT, it's very addictive.

NoahsMommy
05-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Welcome, Lauren!! :) (and Joey and Gina!!)

Your cats are soooo precious and its so cute seeing them snuggled up together like that.

I'm Kelly and I live with the 8 cats you see in my signature...they are my little angels!! :)

Enjoy PT, its a great place!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

JoeyGina
05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey Everyone! Wow, it's so nice to meet you all. You are all such sweethearts. Gina and Joey thank you oodles for all your beautiful compliments :D

All your kitties and bunnies and pups and horses..and All are way too cute!

Gina, that's so funny that your brother is Joey.. Love it!

I love reading about everyone who rescues little ones. It really touches my heart to hear that. I am still looking for a bigger place in order to foster kitties.. I would love to do that.

Sending in a few more pictures of the kids...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Trentanimom/bubbley.jpg
Gina was about 11 months here, and Joey is 4 months :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Trentanimom/Joey%20And%20Gina/Joe%20and%20Gi%20one%20Month%20Home/gwatchdoftv.jpg
Gina Looooves the animal planet ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Trentanimom/Joey%20And%20Gina/Joe%20and%20Gi%20one%20Month%20Home/cutesteverbasket.jpg

jenluckenbach
05-14-2005, 03:12 PM
More cute pictures! Joey looks like a little Biddy White Whiskers.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p1918ded9cf42f99e648fd12c6f6de6a0/f41f5c45.jpg

I am excited to hear that you would like to foster one day.

JoeyGina
05-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Haha.. Oh wow.. When I first saw sweet Little Biddy, I thought it was a pasted picture of Joey.. He is absolutely adorable!