PDA

View Full Version : Is is written down somewhere that....

kilbarchancats
05-13-2005, 07:42 AM
all cats must help to make the bed in the morning? I swear each of Max, Ben, Candy, Charlie and now Tom, when they're still at that young and daft stage think and have thought that its the best fun game in the world EVER to help you made the bed in the morning. You know when they ruffle up the sheets you have just smoothed over and then jump up and down madly in all directions when you're shaking the quilt out.

Then, you're left with a nicely made bed but a catty-sized bump somwhere in the middle. And then we say "Oh where's Tom, I can't find him, who can we phone" and a wee bit of tail peeks out and its like "Tom you're dead good at hiding, we couldn't see you there" and then we tell Tom that he can have extra pocket money this week cos he's helped soo much. lol!!

Same with the ironing board, they have all loved to run up and down that at some time in their lives, when its propped up against the wall.

I swear, somewhere in our house there is a manual telling them all what to do!!!

Am sitting 'writing' this while at lunch in work - it'll be 2 o'clock soon. Roll on 5 I say for a whole weekend of fishy breath kisses with my darling furry babies :0)

laurax.

Barbara
05-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Aaawww you have that precious breed of household helping cats. Ours are very good in changing the sheets. Well, maybe better in putting the old sheets down than putting new ones up:D

Here we have Filou on the ironing board- proud after he got rid of all the ironing laundry:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pfa9c0cb239791740818b250bbc7de65d/fb532f1c.jpg

But most of all they like to help in the kitchen:D

King Spartacus
05-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Oh aye... it is written in the famous kitty-rules... but what's even better than helping making the bed... is helping changing bed sheets!!! Something that would normally take mamma 5 minutes... will with my "help" take up to 20!!!

Randi
05-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Isn't it just great to have all those helping paws! :D Fister does it too, he's in the bed the minute I start changing bedlinen - if only he would cooperate and do it the way I want! :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
What helpful kitties you have! A friend of mine, who took two kittens from our Jessica's litter, used to have to make her bed every single morning with a big lump in the middle. Jock was not a small boy. :D There were times she came home from work at night and suspected he hadn't moved all day!

smokey the elder
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Didn't you read the manual?? It's right after the entry which says that humans must feed the cat upon demand no matter what time it is, and right before "It's not time to ____, It's time to pet the cat now!":p :D

catmandu
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I actually never make the bed,as I cannot sleep,with the blankets,all tucked in,and The Found Cats,just loved,to have the Blankets,all over,that they can crawl,under and have a great game,of tag,especially Scrappy 2,who loves,to play at ambush,the Big Cats!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos887.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies100.jpg

momcat
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, it certainly is. I came across the Rules For Cats With A House To Run a few years back. It's supposedly written by cats for cats. According to their handbook, your kittys are looking for the bed mice which are said to be almost as tasty as bag mice. In one section, cats are required to hamper any activity by their human companions that diverts our attention away from them. Not only that, a cat's job is to leave his beautiful fur anywhere and everywhere possible. This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. If I can find the website I'll post it for you.

RICHARD
05-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by momcat
Yes, it certainly is. I came across the Rules For Cats With A House To Run a few years back. It's supposedly written by cats for cats.

I think the followup to that book was Rules for Cats With Humans to Train.;)

RedHedd
05-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by kilbarchancats
Then, you're left with a nicely made bed but a catty-sized bump somwhere in the middle. In this household, that is known as the Catalump. My Goldie used to "help" me make the bed; the M's could care less, in fact Mitzi gets scared when I make the bed and hides under it. Mishi just looks confused - the silly goon.