PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto Resume--would you hire her?

Pit Chick
05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
GHETTO RESUME

Rozonda LaQueeta "Pookie" Jenkins
2036 South Side Skreet Projects
Compton, CA 11122
Phone: Cut off right now but will be back on by the 15th.

OBJECTIVE

To one day fulfill my dream of becoming a SoulTrain Dancer and, you know, just gittin my life togetha and stuff. I also hope to one day be the best cosmotologecalist in the 'hood.'

SKILLS

I do hurh and nails in my kitchen and I use my glitter and weave bonding glue for arts and crafts and stuff. I do braids in any texture or color; synthetoc or human hurh.

EDUCATION

The "GET YOURS" Home Correspondence Course, INC:
Big Mamma's House of Hurh'N Nails 'N Fried Chicken 'N Stuff (Gradiated with honuhrs for the most extensions don in a year's time)

WORK EXPERIENCE

January 10, 1999-January 30, 1999
Big Daddy's Motel Motor Lodge Bar & Grill Pool Hall & Bait 'N TackleShop

Reason for leaving; I got sick 'n tired of Big Daddy hittin on me.

March 1, 1999-November 1, 1999
The Golden Tooth Dental & Jewelry Emporium

I loveded this job cuz they gave me a free toof ary monf and now I can spell my baby daddy name but they done up and fired me cuz I let one of my homeboys sniff the laughing gas. He just smelt it, he don't do drugs no mo.

November 2, 1999-November 10, 1999
My Baby Daddy's Day Care Center Car Wash & Barber Shop

Reason for leaving: They tried to work a sistuh ta deaf and I got thangs ta do

November 12, 1999- November 14, 1999
Kim Fung Toi's House of Rice & Skrimps and Stuff

Reason For Leaving: You don't even wanna know

Jimmy's Jheri Curls & Motor Lube

Reason for leaving: Hospitalized for spine injury when I slipped on an overflow of activator.

The Ike Turner Pimp Slap Recovery Center (They have lovely commodations; yes I worked there and was a patient too.)

Reason for leaving: Center closed down cuz Tina Turner done refused Ike's request to give a benefit concert and donate the money to Ike. Ike say Tina done got beside haself since she a big star and arythang.
He say he remember when she was Anna Mae Bullock from Nut Bush, Tennessee.

REFERENCES:

Lawanda Jenkins (from up da skreet)

Hezakiah Clevestus "The Playa" Jones (my homie's cuzzin's babydaddy)

The Right Reverend Aliza Benjarmin "ineedadrank" O'grady (pastor of the Greater Mt. Carmel Church of God in Christ Kingdom Hall of Our Lady of Saints Holy Rosary Latter Day Seventh Advent Saints Episcapaleen Sanctified Non-Denominational Baptist Church Inc., a not-for-profit agency.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If ur frum da Sawf, you'll prolly be able to pronounce and understand this whole thang. :D

lizbud
05-12-2005, 11:58 AM
What racist stereotyping pap.:( I sure wouldn't hire you to
write any resumes.:(

Samantha Puppy
05-12-2005, 12:07 PM
LOL. Hurh - I died at that one.

moosmom
05-12-2005, 12:30 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!! That's hysterical!

Pit Chick
05-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
What racist stereotyping pap.:( I sure wouldn't hire you to
write any resumes.:(

It's meant to be funny. :p But if you think the resume is offensive, the pic that came with it was worse. :eek:

moosmom
05-12-2005, 12:57 PM
PitChick,

Thanks! I needed a good laugh today!

Pit Chick
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Always a pleasure to make people laugh. Maybe we can get together and have lunch at Kim Fung Toi's House of Rice & Skrimps and Stuff. I've been craving some skrimps lately. lolol :D

lbaker
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
In that case, please DON'T post the picture that came with it.

Pit Chick
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't want to blind everyone. :eek:

LKPike
05-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe I should call Pookie to do my hurh lol

its just a joke fer cryin out loud :rolleyes: if you dont like it, thats what the little X is for at the top!

edit: I wanna see the pic! :cool:

wolflady
05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
LOL LOL That was funny. When I was doing my job search, I was getting so tired of being rejected that I really contemplated writing a really bad resume and sending it out just for kicks. LOL

Thanks for the chuckle this afternoon! ;)

Twisterdog
05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
edit: I wanna see the pic! :cool:

LMAO ... me, too!

Luvin Labs
05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I wanna see the pic too, just because i'm a curious chick!

Pit Chick
05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Y'all are gonna have to PM me your email so I can send it to you cause I can't post pics and it's not suitable for this forum.....even the Dog House. :eek:

lizbud
05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
Y'all are gonna have to PM me your email so I can send it to you cause I can't post pics and it's not suitable for this forum.....even the Dog House. :eek:

and neither is this lame attempt at racial humor. We somtimes make silly jokes about different nationalities, but denigrating a
race is wrong & shows gross insenstivity to other forum users.
IMHO.

LorraineO
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
thats why this place is called the dog house,, its for controvsy and angst,,, if ya cant handle the heat,, get outta da kitchen!!!!

I loved the post,, thought it was funny as can be,,, as it was intended,,,,,,, and I am the mom to a bi racial child.... :)

CatMama78
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I think it's offensive too, but like you said this is the Dog House. Just comes across as pretty derogatory is all.

K9soul
05-13-2005, 12:45 PM
It may not be my type of humor, but I do not find the posting of it to be an intended racial slam. There are all kinds of satire and jokes out there, against blondes, southerners, people who live in Arkansas, people who live in Canada, people who live in the U.S., and on and on. What I find puzzling is that it seems people don't have a problem if someone of another race makes jokes about their own race, or about white people, but if a white person makes a joke involving another race, some seem to immediately find huge offense in it.

I think you can find offense in just about any humor if you look at it from too serious a viewpoint. While I don't find it particularly humorous personally, I don't take it to indicate that the people who laugh are being racist. The hubby is often making cracks about women (women driver's, women in the kitchen etc :p), but it's all in good fun. He highly respects women.

Samantha Puppy
05-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
<...> I do not find the posting of it to be an intended racial slam. There are all kinds of satire and jokes out there, against blondes, southerners, people who live in Arkansas, people who live in Canada, people who live in the U.S., and on and on. What I find puzzling is that it seems people don't have a problem if someone of another race makes jokes about their own race, or about white people, but if a white person makes a joke involving another race, some seem to immediately find huge offense in it.

I think you can find offense in just about any humor if you look at it from too serious a viewpoint. <...> I don't take it to indicate that the people who laugh are being racist. Well put, K9soul.

PJ's Mom
05-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm not offended by this, but I don't find it funny either. And no, I wouldn't hire her. ;)

wolfsoul
05-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't find it offensive at all. I don't see how they are making fun of a race either...So they are using "ghetto" slang. That doesn't only pertain to black people, and it certinaly doesn't make fun of the whole black race. You could just as easily say it's attacking the "ghetto" way of life, or speech, or whatever. Personally I think it's just satire, telling us that we won't go anywhere if our professionalism is notta. It's simply asking us if we would really consider hiring this person, and if we wouldn't, then we shouldn't be just as bad. Either way, I don't find it funny either...Just not my kind of joke. ;)

LKPike
05-13-2005, 02:04 PM
and neither is this lame attempt at racial humor.

its called Ghetto resume not Black resume and fyi, theres just as many mexicans, asians, and white people living in the local ghettos here than black people...

Pit Chick
05-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
its called Ghetto resume not Black resume and fyi, theres just as many mexicans, asians, and white people living in the local ghettos here than black people...

Exactly! And I'm one of those white folks living in a ghetto (time to move), well it's progressing into one anyway. I don't see how southern ghetto slang on a made up resume is automatically considered racist or stereotyping. The black chicks in my office that sent it to me didn't seem to be offended by it. :p

Luvin Labs
05-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Exactly! And I'm one of those white folks living in a ghetto (time to move), well it's progressing into one anyway. I don't see how southern ghetto slang on a made up resume is automatically considered racist or stereotyping. The black chicks in my office that sent it to me didn't seem to be offended by it. :p

Hmm, maybe the people who found it offensive need to rethink THEIR thoughts on stereotypes.

Ghetto could be ANY race/ethnicity

lbaker
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, let's ask the "Black Chicks". OMD :rolleyes:

animal_rescue
05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm white and mexican and I live in the ghetto, nothing wrong with it really, I honestly see more white people here than black people and I know A LOT of people that talk that way, I'm not one of them, most of the time.:p

RICHARD
05-14-2005, 12:18 AM
and neither is this lame attempt at racial humor. We somtimes make silly jokes about different nationalities, but denigrating a
race is wrong & shows gross insenstivity to other forum users.
IMHO.

Jennifer Wilbanks, Georgia Peach, tossed out some pretty racist and stereotypical stuff when she described her abductor to the cops.

5 foot nine, rotten teeth, short hair and spoke only Spanish...

Then she had the nerve to say that she was assaulted without foreplay.......

What a crock of crap........Everyone knows that even Hot Latin Lovers just can't toss it into high gear!

---------------------------------------------------------

Again, stereotypes are based on some kinds of truth.

As an American of a first generation type, I pride myself in my accomplishments.

Yep I have eaten my share of bean, rice and tortillas.....

Beaner? Yep. Taco Bender? Does it really bother me?

Nope.

You know what ticks me off???

I know people who are Third, fourth and fifth generation Americans that have been to school, graduated and they cant speak or spell a lick....

I work with a gal who cannot write a memo to save her life.
She can't spell or pronounce words she needs to do her job.

Yet, she has a degree in computer science.

She actually took classes, submitted papers to some college profs who did not address her inability to string together words, punctuate and present them in a grammatically correct manner.

Some bleeding heart moralist couldn't fail this chick because she can't spell or speak.

It wouldn't be right to have someone learn to communicate, would it?

------------------------------------------------------------

The "joke" is a sad statement and the truth about the people will soon take the reins of the planet and run in right into the ground because they cannot put an idea onto paper.

Racist? Nope.

Listen to a rap album.

Stereotypical?

Nope. Listen to the street.

If anything there should be an outcry and an effort, by parents, to motivate their kids to achieve and never have to fill out a resume that looks anything like that.

--------------------------------

dukedogsmom
05-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Very well said, Richard.

RICHARD
05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
DDM, thanks for not pointing out my spelling mistakes...(I corrected them......A matter of pride, ya know???)

finn's mom
05-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Very well said, Richard.

Agreed.

lady_zana
05-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I know people who are Third, fourth and fifth generation Americans that have been to school, graduated and they cant speak or spell a lick....

Sadly, I have to admit I'm one of those Americans who can't spell...and I majored in English! :rolleyes:

The internet isn't helping with 'chatspeak' and 'l33t speak.' (I think I got l33t the way they say/spell it...I'm so glad Pet Talk doesn't allow that kind of spelling on their boards.

I saw a siggy one time that said, "You: It's a pronoun, not a letter. Savvy?" I just loved that because I'm so sick of reading posts that say things like 'u r so kool.' Maybe it's cute to some but it doesn't help that someday they will be out in the 'real' world and if they don't learn to speak and write clearly now, they will never get ahead.

Sorry, but chatspeak just ANNOYS me to no end! It's the English major in me coming out! :D
(I hope I didn't spell any words wrong in this post; that'd make me feel really stupid, wouldn't it? :rolleyes: :D )

RICHARD
05-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana
Sadly, I have to admit I'm one of those Americans who can't spell...and I majored in English!

But you know enough to see that something isn't correct, right?

I cringe when I see an e mail that is CC'ed to a bunch of people and not only the spelling, but the grammar and punctuation is fricking atrocious.....

I do the "run on sentences" and improper grammar or spelling, But I can assure you that I pick it up to 150% IF I am going to send out a professional communication. I don't judge a post on PT like I judge a post on my work e mail.

One day I got this in an email....."Vica Viscera"

I think she meant to say vice versa.....This person can probably make a silk purse from a mother board, So I can honestly say that when she picked the spelling/grammar option for that e mail, the machine probably freaked out, So she doesn't check it anymore.

Instead of raising the standards, we lower the bar to make Johnny feel better about himself and let him know that a 60 percent effort is good enough.

We do not challenge ourselves and our children enough.

And it shows.....so until we start to take education seriously,
it will get worse.

We care so much we want god, the Star Spangled Banner and children's rights out of our school.......but the real education suffers because we don't have the huevos to fail a few kids.

We are more worried about protecting them from failure-
so we let them fail and it's quite alright for a child not to be able to spell, read or write a sentence that makes sense...

Spelling in a fun forum isn't critical.

It's when you send out an email to your coworkers and they snicker about your spelling.......

Or vice versa....

:rolleyes:

Pit Chick
05-16-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm glad I could spark some controversy into the Dog House.

Now, iffens y'all don't mind, I gotsta git back to werk urning my fab-u-less paycheck. :p

Who am I kidding, I'm not here to work, I'm here to play on the internet with you guys. ;)

RICHARD
05-16-2005, 09:09 AM

Who am I kidding, I'm not here to work, I'm here to play on the internet with you guys. ;)

Tag, you are IT!:D

Pit Chick
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Tag, you are IT!:D

TAG! you're it.....no tag backs. :p

cali
05-16-2005, 07:04 PM
lol I always thought my spelling and grammer were awful, then I read "a complicated kindness" an award winning novel...the grammer is so bad I could hardly understand what was going it, like in a single sentance she would go from present to past, no puncuation at all, I was so confused, here is an example of the kind of thing I mean "as I was walking around the block I was a little girl talking to my mother in the living room" :confused: like, huh? it is so hard to read a book like that, I was constantly stuck on differnt parts trying to figer out what the heck they were trying to say. and that book has won AWARDS?!

lbaker
05-17-2005, 06:41 AM
That's what I love about this site! What started out as a rather lame attempt at racist humor - IMO - evolved into a discussion of grammatics and elocution in general. What an eclectic group of PetTalkers we are. Fascinating and encouraging :) AND educational!

LKPike
05-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
That's what I love about this site! What started out as a rather lame attempt at racist humor - IMO - evolved into a discussion of grammatics and elocution in general. What an eclectic group of PetTalkers we are. Fascinating and encouraging :) AND educational!

and yet some of us are STILL too proud to admitt our mistakes and back off or do something Mature like oh, say, apologize to the original poster for basicly calling her racist.

Twisterdog
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM

Amen!

Oh come on, people .... lighten up already. If it would have been titled "White Trash Resume" or "Southern Resume" .... no one would have been screeching about racism - it would have just been funny. What's the difference?

Not only do all races live in the ghetto, literally .... "Ghetto" has become a slang term, an adjective to describe all kinds of things that have absolutely nothing to do with a literal ghetto. And it's not necessarily a negative adjective either. My teenage son and his friends have called my car the "Ghetto Beetle" because it has a quite bright color-change paint job and lots of chrome - and they love this car. And this is in a little town in Wyoming .... we don't HAVE any ghettos.

Pit Chick
05-17-2005, 09:11 AM
That's what I love about this site! What started out as a rather lame attempt at racist humor

I still want to know what's racist about it? Where is race mentioned in the joke?

Oh come on, people .... lighten up already. If it would have been titled "White Trash Resume" or "Southern Resume" .... no one would have been screeching about racism - it would have just been funny. What's the difference?

Kinda like all of Jeff Foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if......" jokes or his Blue Collar TV show. No one screams racism then, cause they're too busy laughing. :rolleyes: :p

"Those that can laugh at themselves, will never cease to be amused."

lbaker
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
"Screeching" ? I thought my last post was a compliment to this site. Non-personal and kudos for all that have posted here. It was for the idea that the "DogHouse" was a forum for contrary opinions with respect for differences. I think PitChick is a great person and I appreciate her humor and views. Just because I don't agree with all of them should not make me a shrew. PC, I'll be happy to pour you a drink at the bar and viva la difference in some thoughts. Sometimes RICHARD and I disagree. But we love each other and surely don't take it personally. "Admit a mistake"?? Is it a mistake to state an honest opinion? PC and I have no problems (I hope) What's yours?? By the way, admit is spelled with one "T" at the end. Not two.;) Hooboy, I guess I'm in for it now:rolleyes

LKPike
05-18-2005, 08:27 AM
What started out as a rather lame attempt at racist humor -

right, I guess I'm just mistaken to see that as, not a compliment.

I don't have a problem. I don't respond to jokes I don't agree with or like, as thats what the X at the top was made for. I also know how to apologize and admiT when I'm wrong....

Instead of continuing to argue to the point of nit-picking someones spelling because "I" refuse to be wrong.

Pit Chick
05-18-2005, 09:08 AM
"Screeching" ? I thought my last post was a compliment to this site. Non-personal and kudos for all that have posted here. It was for the idea that the "DogHouse" was a forum for contrary opinions with respect for differences. I think PitChick is a great person and I appreciate her humor and views. Just because I don't agree with all of them should not make me a shrew. PC, I'll be happy to pour you a drink at the bar and viva la difference in some thoughts. Sometimes RICHARD and I disagree. But we love each other and surely don't take it personally. "Admit a mistake"?? Is it a mistake to state an honest opinion? PC and I have no problems (I hope) What's yours?? By the way, admit is spelled with one "T" at the end. Not two.;) Hooboy, I guess I'm in for it now:rolleyes

And I have no problems with you either. If you didn't like the joke that's fine, but I STILL want to know how it is considered racist? No one has managed to answer that one yet. I'm not going to admit I was wrong when I don't feel I was. I'm not attacking anyone for their opinions, either you liked it or you didn't.

lbaker
05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Thank you PC, I thought we were OK.. I appreciate it :)

Vio&Juni
05-18-2005, 03:51 PM
:D

I liked the joke.

It was interesting to read all the comments. Personally, I couldn't find anything offending in this joke. (Nor did I in so many about blondes, and as you all know I am blonde).

I also don't find it racist. Not at all.

I just still don't understand why you wouldn't hire her? (I am asking this seriously and not). I really think, that even people with less education and less writing abilities should be given a chance, and not only in their own ghetto.

wolfsoul
05-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
I just still don't understand why you wouldn't hire her? (I am asking this seriously and not). I really think, that even people with less education and less writing abilities should be given a chance, and not only in their own ghetto.

Honestly, I might feel sorry for her which might incline me to hire her, but I feel that the resume shows a lack of care and commitment. Most of those spelling/grammar mistakes weren't "mistakes" -- They were deliberatly written that way because it sounds "cool." This person obviously lacks professionalism; not from a lack of education, but because it's not "cool" to sound professional. Atleast that's the way I see it.

RICHARD
05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Sometimes RICHARD and I disagree. But we love each other and surely don't take it personally.

OK no more Jeff Gordon jokes, then..

---------------------------------

I enjoy racism.

I watch all kinds of racism on the television.

Grand Prix Motorcycles, Formula One and NASCAR are my favorites.:confused:

lbaker
05-19-2005, 07:00 AM
:D :D :D

Pam
05-19-2005, 07:56 AM

I enjoy racism.

I watch all kinds of racism on the television.

Grand Prix Motorcycles, Formula One and NASCAR are my favorites.:confused:

LOL! :D

Admittedly I don't get to Pet Talk much these days but had a couple of minutes to lurk and this thread sounded interesting. As usual Richard is in tiptop form. I like your thoughts on this Richard. I agree with your comment here 100%
If anything there should be an outcry and an effort, by parents, to motivate their kids to achieve and never have to fill out a resume that looks anything like that. I think Bill Cosby has spoken out on this as well and amazingly has been criticized for it.

Twisterdog
05-19-2005, 08:56 AM
"Screeching" ? I thought my last post was a compliment to this site ...

I was not addressing you in particular with my post. That's why it says "people" and not "lbaker".

:)

RICHARD
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I think Bill Cosby has spoken out on this as well and amazingly has been criticized for it.

See what effect being poor has on a person.......no one listens to me!

KYS
05-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Richard, I love your witty sense of humor.

I will not mention my spelling.
Thank goodness for spell check.

P.S. I remember Bill Cosby being criticized.
Amazing. :(

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I think Bill Cosby has spoken out on this as well and amazingly has been criticized for it.

Well of course anyone who tells it like it is instead of giving the crowd a pitty pep talk like they were expecting is gonna be critisized. People don't want to be told to try harder and work for what you want, it's easier to take hand-outs.

RICHARD
05-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I have to laugh about this.....

The TV was on in the next room and I heard this.

"Well, he knows what we all done"...

YIKES!!!!!

I cringed and went to see what the program was.

It was a 1960's John Wayne western........:rolleyes:

I wonder what HIS resume looked like!

lbaker
05-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I love John Wayne and love his old westerns. I mentioned that at work to this young guy and he said "John Wayne is a Nazi" and went on to explain it was a song from some headbanger group or something. It had to do with his (JWs) attitude about Indians and such... why do I mention that? (she wonders) :rolleyes: