PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Kelly...

wolflady
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
...so that she may be able to find a place to live.

Kelly has been having a lot of trouble trying to find a place to live, not to mention finding a place to live with multiple cats. Her parents alerted her to a cottage in Moorpark and she loved it! She went and saw it today and fell in love with it. Let's all pray hard that she is accepted by the family who is renting it out.

Kelly is going to see her mom tonight, so she asked me to post this so we could get the prayers flowing fast!

Lots of prayers are on the way! I really REALLY hope you get this place, Kelly. It sounds wonderful! :)

Much love,
Karen

Soapets
05-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Prayers on the way from Nebraska.........

Hope things work out.....

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that all goes well for you Kelly.

trayi52
05-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Prayers on the way that everything works out just the way Kelly wants it to.

Willie

moosmom
05-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Kelly,

I hope and pray you get this cottage. You've gone through SO much lately and certainly deserve a break!!!

(((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Donna

kimlovescats
05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Kelly - Praying for you .... can't wait to hear how the cottage visit went and talking to mom!!!;)

Corinna
05-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Western Montana on the line too.

Logan
05-11-2005, 10:09 PM
"Cottage" sounds so "Kelly", doesn't it? I have my fingers crossed that all will work out for you, Kelly.

Thanks for the "heads up", Karen.

Logan

slick
05-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Kelly, hon, I've been out all day and when I got home and listened to your phone message, I started doing the happy dance. Pet Talk prayers really do work, and know that mega prayers are coming from Canada.

Didn't I tell you last week that something better was waiting for you in the wings????;) I just know that this will work out.

{{{hugs}}}

Karen
05-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Prayers from the East Coast ...

jazzcat
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Prayers on the way plus some crossed paws for extra luck.

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Thank you, Thank you!!! :)

I know that PT prayers work...and I also know God listens. Please pray for me...I know we have so many sad things going on right now on PT and I don't want to take God away from them, but I really, really, really need His help.

I made my announcement that David and I were getting a divorce last month. Well, one of the reasons for our split is the credit issues he put on my credit report (really, really bad). And so now, I'm having a very hard time qualifying for an apartment.

My mom found an ad in the paper for a guesthouse in the town they currently live in. We went to see it after work today and I love it. Its perfect for me and my cats. I'm praying this is right...that God will help them to accept me.

The owner I spoke with prior to coming for the visit said he'd think about FOUR cats. (yea...Jonah is moving to a new home :( ) When we went to see it, his wife showed us the guesthouse and went a little quiet when I mentioned the cats.

The meeting went well. Thier 2 year old daughter held my hand and showed me the place...it was really cute. We said goodbye and she told me to call her husband's cell phone to talk about a deposit and the application.

When we got to my mom's house. my mom urged me to write the couple a letter explaining who I was, how much I wanted to live there and tell them a little about my cats. I provided 11 character references, in addition to a vet reference and my employer.

I took that letter, put it inside a "thank you" card, and some flowers from my mom's garden and drove back to hand deliver it myself.

When I got there, the gentleman was home and we spoke outside. He gave me an application and we spoke about the cats. He's TOTALLY fine with me having four (ONLY FOUR...) and said the sooner I got him the filled out application, the sooner he could make a decision. It seemed very positive...

The place is sooo cute!! Its a one bedroom, spacious bathroom, nice kitchen (new appliances!), nice sized living room, my own parking spot, a really cute patio and the view is AMAZING!! Its so quiet...and well taken care of. He's putting washer/dryer hookups in the garage as well...that's a HUGE bonus for me!! The rent includes water, electric, gas and trash. He said I can get my own cable and phone...he said we could split wireless DSL if I was interested in that as well.

I just really hope this is meant to be. I can't stay in my current situation for much longer...I really, really need this.

Please pray that it'll work out. I know things happen for a reason...I just hope this will.

Thank you so much...

Hugs,
Kelly :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Kelly, the cottage sounds perfect for you.:D I sure hope you'll get it. It already sounds like the man likes you but his wife may still need to be convinced. Lots of prayers are being sent your way.

So where will Jonah be living?

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Oh...I didn't explain about Jonah.

I have two places for him.

1st is Karen (wolflady). She's my best friend and basically a sister to me. I'd trust her not only with my life, but even with my furkids. She loves Jonah and I know he'd LOVE her to death. If all works out, Karen and Aaron may take Jonah back up with them on the way home from the CA BBQ.

2nd is CiCi...my good friend that helped me save Jonah in the first place. This is a good home...she's amazing with her cats, and she's a vet tech at a highly specialized surgical vet group as well as works for my vet 2 times a week. She's more than qualified. Jonah knows her home and the benefit of this placement would be that I'd get to visit him whenever I wanted.

Both are more than fabulous homes. CiCi is who I called for my last hospital stay..she's the one who called 911 for me and takes care of my cats when I need her. Karen...well, you all know and adore Karen. ;)

I'm horrified that its come to this, but its what I have to do. Its the hardest thing I've ever had to do and I hate it. But, I'm lucky as heck that I have such amazing friends. I thank God for them each day.

popcornbird
05-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I will add you to my list of prayers. Praying for you is not taking God away from anyone else........God is so great that He can handle billions and billions of prayers, all at the same time. :) I pray that He makes things easy for all PT'ers going through difficult times right now. :(

captain
05-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Praying so hard for you.

I really, really hope you get this ..... {{{hugs}}}

kimlovescats
05-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Kelly this all sounds very encouraging .... praying it all works out ... and it will if it is His will!!!;)

((((HUGS))))
Kim:)

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks, guys! :)

I forgot to mention that I filled out the application and my step-dad is going to drop it on their front door step (the mom stays at home during the day) first thing tomorrow morning.

eeeepppp.....I'm so nervous. I hope, pray, wish...everything, this works out.

Hugs,
Kelly

Kater
05-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Lots and lots of good thoughts for you, Kelly! This place sounds purrfect for you and the kitties. :) I know if they take the time to call any or all of your 11 character references, then they will know without a doubt what a very special person you are. Let's hope they pick up that phone! ;)
(((HUGS)))

Barbara
05-12-2005, 03:35 AM
What a good idea of your mom- the flowers and that:)

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for you- that sounds just purrfect:)

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2005, 04:22 AM
This sounds wonderful! I am really hoping that you get it. My fingers are crossed - it's quite hard to type actually.

jenluckenbach
05-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Best of luck. Sounds like a wonderful place. :)

QueenScoopalot
05-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Fingers and paws crossed (lots of paws) that you'll be announcing good news for a change! ;) It sounds ideal for you and the kitties. Hope it all works out for you Kelly. :)

moosmom
05-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Kelly my dear, like I told you on the phone last night, YOU are a survivor!! Everything you have gone through these past months is proof.

I'm confident that "Kelly's Cottage" will happen. Especially with all the PT prayers and friends you've got here. We love you honey!!

As far as Jonah is concerned, if he has to be rehomed, you do what you have to do to survive in this world. I'm glad he's got two other wonderful homes waiting for him if need be.

Hang in there and let us know the MINUTE you find out!!!

mina'smomma
05-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Fingers crossed and prayers going like crazy for her.

gini
05-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh Kelly, this sounds just perfect for you! Kelly's Cottage - it even has a nice cozy sound to it.

The old saying about - when one window slams shut - another opens couldn't be more apt than here.

Just like Slick, I have the best feeling about this. This will be step one in your future and I think everything else will start to fall in line as well - including improved health for you.

I know how hard it will be to have to part with two of your kitties - but if one is going to Karen - IT IS just like having your sister take one.

But what you asked for are prayers - that all goes well. Kelly, you can count on my prayers - tons of them - asking God to be the wind at your back and guide you in the right direction.

I told you - you have the purest heart - God will listen!

xxoo Gini

lbaker
05-12-2005, 07:33 AM
"Kelly's Cottage", nice ring to it! I'll make you a carved wooden sign to put by your door. Having your folks so close has to be a good thing. Oh please, let this happen for Kelly.

Corinna
05-12-2005, 07:40 AM
I know the anticappation and anxeity of waiting to hear. I feel with you. Sounds like a perfect place for you "Kelly's Cottage" sounds like wonderful place. Praying for you !

furrykidsmother
05-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Prayers on their way to you Kelly that everything will work out for you. Popcornbird is right, God is Almightly and can watch over and help many all at once. I am certain that things will get better for you! Best of luck to you and the kitties. Flowers and the note were certainly a very nice gesture.

Randi
05-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Kelly, it sounds like the perfect place for you, I really hope you get it! :)

We'll keep all fingers and paws crossed for you!

anna_66
05-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Kelly, I'm really hoping and praying that this is the "right" place for you because it sounds absolutely perfect!
Good Luck!!

catmandu
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Wecare praying,for Kelly,to get that Cottage,so that she,and Her Cats,have a nice safe place,where they can all feel secure.Thats very important,to have a place,where you feel safe.Scrappy 2,agrees!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture246.jpg

K & L
05-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Good Luck!! Hopefully this all works out for you.

Craftlady
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Sorry, I just found this thread and read all the posts. Will keep good thoughts and prayers that you get this really neat place.

catnapper
05-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Good luck Kelly --- I have hte feeling this cabin is YOURS!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh gosh, now I'm all nervous for you! Iso hope it works out and you get the place. I mean really, how could they not rent to somehow who gives them flowers just for showing them the place - nice touch!

It does sound perfect and like Slick mentioned, everything works out for the best even though we can't see it at the time, so there is a reason you didn't get that first apartment. This place sounds adorable and like Logan says, it all sounds so "Kelly." :D

Hmmm....I can see it now....little pink ruffly curtains in the kitchen windows with a pink lame' (i.e. sparkly) "scarf" draped across the living room windows......;)

smokey the elder
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Good luck!

luvofallhorses
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
I will keep you in my prayers, Kelly.

(((((hugs))))))) I really hope you get this place :)

catlover4ever
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh Kelly I'm praying some extra special prayers for you. Good luck and keep us posted. (((hugs))) Meg

wolflady
05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Awww! I love you Kelly! I'm praying hard for this. This family would be blessed to have you as a tennant. You're clean, quite and lovely. The Thank You note was a great idea! I'm feeling positive, so I hope you hear something soon! I just love "Kelly's Cottage!" It has a very nice ring to it! :D

Hmmm...I might have to place a custom order for a doormat now... ;)

**hugs**

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
THANK YOU!!!

My PT pals are the BEST!! Thank you for your support and prayers...it was so nice reading all this...you're wonderful.

I haven't heard anything yet, but I am going to call to let them know my application was dropped off at 8:00 this morning on thier door.

I'm feeling kind of positive too...but just have to trust Him at this point.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Hugs,

kimlovescats
05-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Sounds good so far, Kelly!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/bestill_1.gif

wolflady
05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh!!!! I hope you hear something really good soon! :)

**hugs**

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-12-2005, 03:27 PM
That would be so great for you, Kelly! Please, please, let this be true!!

orangemm
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
We're all praying for you, Kelly!

PayItForward
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Fingers crossed here, that you get your cottage :)

Felicia's Mom
05-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Best of Luck in gettiing your cottage!!!!!!:)

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Thank you, everyone.

I just had a "talk" with Micah. I told him, "If you are the angel I know you are, will you talk to God for us? Tell him that we really want that new place...a new start." I hope, I hope... ;)

I called the owner tonight on my way home to make sure he got my application OK. He said he did and was really nice. He said he's planning on making a decision on Monday...that although it doesn't necessarily mean I'll get it, (not his words), I WAS an hour quicker than the other person. :) :) :) He said all he really cared about was the tenant's ability to pay rent on time.

I'm trying to think of a way to show that I can and will pay on time this weekend...any ideas??

Hugs,

rg_girlca
05-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh gosh, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get this place.

Maybe if you can get a letter from you landlord, if you are renting, about how you pay your rent on time and what a good tenant you are.
Maybe this is being a little pushy and if you can do this, go and see the guy with the first months rent.:D

Good luck.

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 09:43 PM
You've given me a really great idea...thank you!! :)

rg_girlca
05-12-2005, 09:47 PM
You're welcome and I hope it literally, gets your foot in the door.:D

Logan
05-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Best of luck, Kelly. We still have fingers, paws and claws crossed, here, that it will all work out for you! :)

Logan

lbaker
05-13-2005, 06:59 AM
Kelly, offer first month last month and a deposit. What would he have to lose? If you need help with that, just ask. We can and will help.

mina'smomma
05-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey Kelly,

Tell you have a check ready for him and that you would really like to rent the place. Also a lot of landlords are more apt to let you rent if you say that if your rent is so many days late that you would pay a late fee of say $50.00. Also you can try and get your other landlord to write you a raving refrence too.

edit: sorry I didn't see r's response.:cool:

Craftlady
05-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Most potential land lords check references. They check employment etc. run a credit check on you. Showing up with a deposit is helpful to the cause.

aguu
05-13-2005, 11:59 AM
OMG Kelly;
I am so sorry to hear all of this - I had no idea. You are in my prayers - especially that I can relate very well to what you are going through. I just recovered from my own divorce with eerily similar circumstances. hang in there - things will get better!!!

Jods
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
JUst reading this post now. Good luck Kelly I really hope you get this place it will give you a good start to a new chapter in your life. I will pray that eveything goes well for you. Sorry you and your husband didn't work out I didn't know. Good luck!

iloverat
05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Kelly,

I, too, just saw this thread. You will definitely be getting prayers and lots of them from this part of the country. :) I agree with rg_girlca that taking a check to your prospective landlords this weekend is a good idea. After all, a bird in the hand......;) Best of luck to you and many, many (((hugs))). Bobbi

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 04:49 PM
yikes, I can't miss this -- :o :o e-praying along with you a lot still isn't enough!

glad there's other place to pray for you! I PRAY (still, of course) that YOU belong to that Kelly's Pink Cottage! Mr. Monday, thanks for making us SO restless this weekend but...hurry up!

*paws crossing* to hear your YIPPEEEE! ya hear? *hugs!*