PDA

View Full Version : 39 week Bare tummy pictures and a progress report!

Sirrahsim
05-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow!! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe it :) I just can't wait for my little man to make his grand appearance. Hopefully the next pictures I post will be of Tyler on the OUTSIDE of the womb:D :D
As of Tuesday, I hadn't had any progress in my cervix. It was closed up tight and not at all thinned out. Less than 24 hours later I measured in at 1 cm dilated (10 cm is fully dilated) and 80% effaced (100% means that my cervix is paper thin).
Tyler is also at a -1 station. This means that his head is not quite but almost engaged and ready to start descending. For those of you with stronger stomachs, my mucous plug has also made its debut (yuck!!).

Now pictures:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/56097bc7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/43fe8c8a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/70c796aa.jpg

And this picture is blurry and washed out, but I wanted to show that I had enough energy yesterday to fix my hair:eek: :eek: :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/5e37b869.jpg

Muddy4paws
05-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I dont know you but Congrats!! lol Can we see pictures when hes born??:D I love babies!!

sirrahbed
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
oh Missy!!! It won't be much longer!! You look beautiful and I am sooooo excited!!! Please hug and pat that belly for me OK??:)

Animation update coming soon!!:D

here ya go (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78991)

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Missy, you absolutely "GLOW"

I hope you are well prepared my dear, because from the sounds of it, it won't be long now.

Great pictures.:)

finn's mom
05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
You look splendid! :)

kimlovescats
05-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi sweetheart! You look adorable and wow, sounds like it won't be much longer!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! :D

Hugs,
Kim

Kater
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Almost BABY TIME! :D You look just gorgeous. :)

Sirrahsim
05-11-2005, 09:01 PM
thanks everybody:):):):):) I can't believe that my DUE DATE is only a week away:eek: :eek: I'm going to be a Mommy before I know it! :D :D

christa
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm so excited for you!!! Are you anxious? I would be!!! I can't wait to be in your shoes! You are carrying a little miracle, as all babies are. :) You look great . . . definitely have that "glow" . . . hang in there! Just another week or so . . . ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Sorry, and it sounds like I shouldn't ask this but I've never heard it before but....what is a mucous plug? Don't think I need any pictures though. ;)

Sirrahsim
05-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Sorry, and it sounds like I shouldn't ask this but I've never heard it before but....what is a mucous plug? Don't think I need any pictures though. ;)

Lol! The mucous plug is a glob of mucous that acts like a stopper in the cervix. As the cervix begins to dilate, the mucous plug can fall out in one big hunk or in a bunch of pieces that look like snot:o Mine is the latter:o :D Isn't pregnancy grand:D :D

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Lol! The mucous plug is a glob of mucous that acts like a stopper in the cervix. As the cervix begins to dilate, the mucous plug can fall out in one big hunk or in a bunch of pieces that look like snot:o Mine is the latter:o :D Isn't pregnancy grand:D :D

Youre scaring me lol :D You look great though and I look forward to seeing baby Tyler!

lute
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
oh my goodness! this just keeps getting more exciting all the time!:D

jazzcat
05-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Missy you look great, just beautiful!!!

This is so exciting!

NoahsMommy
05-12-2005, 12:35 AM
How exciting!!! :) :) :)

Can't wait to see Tyler! YIPPEE!!!

If there's some reason I don't get to tell you before...lots of luck with the delivery, honey.

Hugs, Kelly :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-12-2005, 06:45 AM
WOW, now THAT's a huge belly :eek: ;) ! I think that your lil boy is about ready to get born any time now! I hope you can "warn" us when he "tells" you he is ready :D !

Ps. How long will you be at the hospital?

christa
05-12-2005, 06:57 AM

Is that different from the water breaking? :eek:

Sirrahsim
05-12-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm still around, darn it! Tyler is teasing me with labor signals that don't amount to anything :rolleyes: :D :D
I'll only be at the hospital for about 2 days, but I think at that point I will be so ready to get home and TRY to establish some sort of routine (impossible, I know:D ).

No, the mucous plug isn't the same as the water breaking. You can walk around for days without a mucous plug, but as soon as the amniotic sac (your water) breaks, the clock starts ticking and you'll usually be induced within 24 hours to prevent infection. Bacteria *might* get up in there with the mucous plug gone, but Tyler is still well protected by the amniotic sac.

I'll do my best to let you all know when I go into labor :) If I don't have time to post, I'm sure that my Mom will. She must be so tired of hearing from me, I seem to call her at every little twinge or discomfort that is unfamiliar:D :D :D What can I say? :D

christa
05-12-2005, 07:15 AM
. . . . I'm sure that my Mom will. She must be so tired of hearing from me, I seem to call her at every little twinge or discomfort that is unfamiliar:D :D :D What can I say? :D

I seriously doubt that she's tired of hearing from you! :eek:

;) Thanks for clearing that up about the water breakage thing . . . makes sense . . . clear as mud! ;)

persianmom
05-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Missy You look gorgous I can't believe you are ready to have him already. Seems like just yesterday that you just found out that he was on the way and here you are ready to have him. Keep me updated I can hardly wait to meet my new grandspn.

Love MOM

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM

Thanks and somehow I knew I didn't need pictures. ;) Thanks also for clearing it up about the water breaking. I always wondered about that too though. So what, you're just wandering about the house making half hearted attempts to dust, which are thwarted because your arms barely reach beyond the bluge of your tummy when all of a sudden you've got a puddle of water at your feet? Or is there some kind of warning like a little dribble before the flood? :confused: ;) (sorry, I've never been pregnant myself, and none of my close friends have been either, so I have no idea how all this works.)

And like Christa says, I'm sure your mom doesn't mind hearing from you all the time one bit! I can't imagine being so far from my mother at such an important time and just wish there was someway either you could be here or they could be there for this. :)

Samantha Puppy
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Are you scared? 'Cause I'm only 7 weeks along and I'm freakin' PETRIFIED!!! :)

You look gorgeous!! :)

sirrahbed
05-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I LOVE hearing from you Missy and you know that I will talk pregnancy, labor & delivery anytime!!:p

Debbie - the water can break in various ways depending on WHERE (physically) the leak is. If it is up high - mom might have a trickle - rather like a slightly leaky bladder - and this often seals back up. Oh and no such thing as "dry birth" either - since fresh fluid is made constantly. A lower tear is more likely to make a soggy situation :p Only about 20% of women experience the water breaking as the herald of labor - though it always breaks or is broken eventually. One of my kids - my water did break just like you asked - all in one gush like I had completely wet my pants!!! Labor soon began and a few hours later and I had my Jason.

green_chameleon_girl
05-12-2005, 05:38 PM
you seem so excited about Tylers arrival into the world! I cant wait to see the little guy:D:D You look very pretty!