PDA

View Full Version : Long Haired Cats

Emiley
01-27-2002, 02:13 PM
I have a long haired cat and love him! He is so cute and fluffy! I brush him and love him! If you have a long haired cat please tell me about him or her!

-Emiley

NoahsMommy
01-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Granted, our short-haired is MUCH easier on our vacume and clothing, I wouldn't trade my long-haired Noah (the orange tabby in my signature) for the world. It's always fun brushing him, you know, it's like kissing a cobra, have to do it quick or while he's sleepy....or else.....:D

Ila
01-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Misty is long haired. When she was almost a year we had to take her to the vet she really got sick. He said she is an overly clean cat and her system cannot keep up with her hair and she got constipated with all the hair she took in. We can happily say giving her hairball remedy and and special food with hairball stuff in it Misty has had no problems since. She is 5 yrs old now. I keep her brushed and love cuddling up to her.
http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416

Cynthia
01-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Spencer/Chuck,
Since Spencer is half Manx, does he have the double coat or undercoat? Could that contribute to the matting? Just read in Cat Fancy magazine's article on the Manx (thanks for posting the tip on that article, by the way) that the Manx double coat calls for regular brushing, so I'm trying to remember to keep Stump (shorthaired Manx) brushed. Fortunately he likes it. Anyway, just a thought.

Cynthia
01-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey Tutone, your shorthair sounds a lot like Stump in terms of the very thick fur and different colored undercoat. Stump is a tuxedo Manx; the coat underneath is definitely gray instead of black. When Stump and Emmett get into one of their wrestling matches, I can look at the tufts of fur flying around and figure out who got the worst of it (usually Stump!)

catnosesarecute
03-22-2002, 06:28 PM
my baby has long hair but i would prefer him to have short.

mylunalove
04-14-2002, 08:13 PM
Luna is a long silky haired girl, and a pain in the you know what to brush!!! I've had other long haired cats and for some reason NONE of them liked being brushed! My own daughter says I brushed her hair to rough?? I don't think so but who knows!

Any way Joonier has short hair and she likes to be brushed but when she grows tired of it you'd better stop! MEOOOOW

As to which I like better..........I love both long and short! Heck I just love cats!!! :eek:

The Cat Factory
04-15-2002, 03:42 AM
I don't have any Long haired Cats, only short and medium haired. I want a longhaired cat though.

Fuzzy317
04-15-2002, 03:54 AM
I have 2 DSH, 1 DMH, and 1 maine coon which I guess is considered a long hair.

yumyum6970
04-15-2002, 06:34 AM
We have one of each =)Dutchess is a Birman and Yum Yum is a Ragdoll/Siamese Mix

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

mylunalove
04-15-2002, 05:05 PM
I just love this cat, and here's one of my favorite pictures! If any one has any tips on getting cats to enjoy brushing please share them!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Leonardo is my long haired baby, the other 3 all have short hair. Leonardo does have the honor? of having hairball medicine more often to keep him healthy. I just love my guys and don't care if they have long or short hair.:D

NoahsMommy
04-15-2002, 06:18 PM
mylunalove,

The trick is to do it while they are sleeping.... ;)

KitKat
04-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone.

I love longhaired cats!! I have three. One Persian and two Himalayans. Lots of work, but worth every minute!!

This is Sassy (left) my Tortie-point Himalayan and Brandon *brat* (right), my Seal-point Himalayan. Also Cal, my Calico Persian.

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\New Pictures\Brandon and Sassy.jpg Pictures\Beautiful Cal jpeg.jpg C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\New Pictures\Beautiful Cal jpeg.jpg

mylunalove
04-18-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey thanks for the tip! Luna wakes she has a keen 6th sense about the brush! I did get a few strokes in across her back before she totally woke up and gave me the look saying MOM you know how much I hate that, now please put those tools of tourture away!
She is a super stinker! :eek:
Any way her squriming and complaining does not stop me from brushing her out! Too bad little girl your getting your hair brushed!:p
take care
and thanks again!