PDA

View Full Version : Failed after ten minutes

catnapper
05-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Yup. Ten minutes. Must be a record. Everyone, please meet what just may be catnapper cat #5.

Her name is Flutter. Why Flutter? Because she is missing half her back left leg, and when she walks, her leg sticks out and moves in the air like a fluttering motion. She saw the vet today and tested BEAUTIFULLY, and they want her to return in 3 weeks when she's larger to see if she's going to need surgery to remove the little stump of a leg that she does have. They also took XRays to see why she and her two sisters are missing the SAME leg. Perhaps mom ate it?

Anyway, heeeeere's Flutter --- a very blurry pic of Flutter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Flutter.jpg

I KNOW without a doubt I won't be able to let her go. This is EXACTLY how I felt when I met Abby. Who knows what'll happen. I know I'm going to want to keep her. If I do, hubby will tell me NO MORE FOSTERS - EVER. Which isn't something I want to do. I LOVE having fosters.

Here's a quick video of Flutter loving on me. Can you see why I know I won't be able to part with her? Oh darn. Drat. Crud. My heart's been stolen and I failed fostering AGAIN.

PS: Jen, Lori, Debbie, Lisa, Kim, Jan, and whoever else I forgot... stop smiling now! And NO Giggling! Thanks :p

orangemm
05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I can see why you fell in love...I'd be exactly the same way! This little one is a very brave soull. What a little sweetheart!

She needs you.

Let us know how it turns out............

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh-my-goodness! I can totally see why your heart was stolen so quickly! What a little lover she is! It's like she just couldn't get enough of you petting her....and was that her little motor I heard?

***Swoon***

AlleyCat
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh that video is just CUTENESS OVERLOAD !!!! :D

Grace
05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Those eyes - I'm hooked!!

She's adorable. I can definitely see why she'd be impossible to give up. Tell me - what do the rest of the crew think of her?

finn's mom
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh, man, she's wonderful. I'm completely smitten. I really wish I could take her! She's precious.

Craftlady
05-11-2005, 04:49 PM
What a cutie :)

kuhio98
05-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm in L-U-V !!

I would fail fostering too. Those of you who can do it are stronger than I (or less possessive). Anyhoooo,

I wonder why the doctor is thinking above removing her "nubbin"? Would it hurt anything to just leave it. The reason I ask is that the vet of my friend (Sharon) suggested leaving what was left of Morganna's leg (Sharon's cat) because the amputation would be so high on the hip, pelvis area. The vet said there are so many nerves running through that area that it's sometimes best to leave it alone because of the risk of constant pain afterwards.

Whatever happens, Flutter knows that she is loved!

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Who Just MAY be catnapper cat #5.....(giggle, giggle), (snicker, snicker), (Hardy, har, har).

OMG Kim, Flutter is one sweet little love bug.

I think the shelter should have a warning on your file. "Make absolutely sure, that NO tabby what so ever enters Kim's house."

jackie
05-11-2005, 05:06 PM
OMG what a little love bug!!!! I would never let that one go, what a beauty.

I wish my Oliver was affectionate like that. His idea of cuddles ends with biting and dirty looks. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I would fail Fostering too if I saw that cutie pie....

That is exactly why I DON'T foster...and the hubby reminded me that our little Spooky cat was supposed to be just a foster

:rolleyes: darn kitties, always have to be so CUTE!

jenluckenbach
05-11-2005, 05:37 PM
You can NOT keep that A-DOR-ABLE baby! no NO NO NO NO NO NO
because I want her ;)

kimlovescats
05-11-2005, 05:43 PM
All I can say is TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!:D and of course....
SHE IS PRECIOUS!!!!!! What a little lovebug .... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!:D

catnapper
05-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

because I want her ;)
Good, then you can adopt her and I can come for visits. I could deal with that arrangement! ;)

jenluckenbach
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Good, then you can adopt her and I can come for visits. I could deal with that arrangement! ;)
Nah! I kinda like the idea that you are catching up to me in numbers. (LOL)

Lacey
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Awwww! I'm in love!

kittycats_delight
05-11-2005, 06:33 PM
OMG what a little luvbug. Flutter is just gorgeous. Tell hubby there is no way any cat purrson could send this out back.

manda_moo87
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Too cute for words...... :D :D

jazzcat
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
:D :D :D

Oh Kim!!!!!! I can't stop smiling but for lots of reason. You are so going to fail this fostering attempt. :D :D

You need a BIG warning on that video because it's way too sweet!

chocolatepuppy
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Flutter is just adorable! I know I'd be a foster failure! :D

Logan
05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
As a foster failure, I completely sympathize with you!!!! :p That's why Zipper and Butter are here!!! LOL!!!! :)

She is just adorable and she needs you, Kim. Got it????? ;) Just wanted to make sure. Hug her, gently, for me, please.

Logan

catmandu
05-11-2005, 07:19 PM
No laughing,or snicker,from the Found Cat Hotel.As The late John lennon,once wrote,Nobody should laugh,in the Face,Of Love.And thats just,what was eminating,from that Little Kitten,and that is love.For A Little One,your New Cat Flutter,has a hell,of a PURR! I turned,the sound up,and The Found Cats went towards,the speakers.I ,and I think,that you should keep,that Kitten,and a AWA Mouse,is coming you way,Tomorrow!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture245.jpg

K & L
05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
OMG! I can see why this is a "foster failure"!!:) I'm glad to see she'll be in good hands! She's just precious.

christa
05-11-2005, 07:43 PM
WOW!!! I think she's as much in love with you as you are her! I completely understand why you're already considering keeping this one! She's amazing!

Soapets
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
With my record at "fostering" I am NOT one to laugh, but "snicker, snort, he-he-he, ha-ha-ha, ho-ho-ho, snicker, snicker, snort, snort, etc., etc., etc. :D

My hubby says I can't take in anymore "foster" kittens, because of the two little ones we have right now!:rolleyes: But if I had little Flutter, I wouldn't be able to give her up for anything......such a little sweetheart!:)

BitsyNaceyDog
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh my, is she ever precious!!!
Congratulations on being a failure.
:) :D

I love the name! I have a dove that I keep at my work. I named him Flutters because of the way he flutters his wings when he is happy.:)

grybai
05-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh my gosh, what an adorable kitten!

Barbara
05-12-2005, 03:51 AM
I NEVER could foster........
Who could ever give up this precious baby- what a sweetie:)

Kater
05-12-2005, 04:05 AM
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!
Flutter is the perfect name for this little girl cause she makes hearts go FLUTTER FLUTTER! http://www.smileys.ws/sm/grinning/00000020.gifhttp://www.smileys.ws/sm/grinning/00000020.gifhttp://www.smileys.ws/sm/grinning/00000020.gif
I'm definitely saving that video for future viewing. It could melt the GRINCH'S heart! LOL

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2005, 05:26 AM
What an adorable kitten! I think she would be awfully hard for anyone to give up. :D

QueenScoopalot
05-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Kim, I would never giggle or snicker or laugh at such outright failure on behalf of Flutter! :o But call me crazy....I see quite distinctly the initials "K" "I" and "M" in the striping on Flutters forehead! Especially in the picture...anyone else see it...or am I crazy? :confused: :D ;) She is utterly adorable, and me thinks EVERYONE on PT should have a special needs kitty...so maybe I'd have fewer. ;) :D

catnapper
05-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
But call me crazy....I see quite distinctly the initials "K" "I" and "M" in the striping on Flutters forehead! Especially in the picture...anyone else see it...or am I crazy? :confused: :D ;)
You are crazy! Whats crazier is I had to go straight to the pictures, close my left eye and lean my head to see it too! :p Then I ran to her cage... in person there's no way to see it! :D You nut!

Right now she is climbing all over me meowing her head off.I know she's hungry - she didn't touch a drop of food last night. I put out wet this morning and she didn't even sniff it. She's skin and bones. I guess I'm running to Petco for a little of everything until she eats something!

Ok... at least her food's being eaten. By Pouncer. :rolleyes:

cruisetime
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I see it written in the picture too!!! K I M.... :):) She is so adorable and she needs you - congrats on the new addition to the family!!! :) :) Debbie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I see it too!!! Ruh...roh.....:D :D

smokey the elder
05-12-2005, 10:14 AM
What a little dollface!:)

catlover4ever
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
OH I am totally in LOVE!!!! What a doll baby. She is just so precious. I can see how you failed....I would have too. I do have to say that I agree with Jan...everyone should have a special needs baby...they just tug at your heartstrings. I can not imagine my life without Gracie or Gabe.

I would keep her...afterall you do need to catch up with the rest of us. ;) ;) ;)

AlleyCat
05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh, and I just love Gabe!! I voted for him in the kitty contest :) He looks like a sweetie pie, just like Flutter!

Samantha Puppy
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Awwww, how could you NOT fall in love with that sweet face??

Randi
05-12-2005, 12:57 PM
What a cutie pie she is!! A stayer!! :D

Catsnclay
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
OMG! What an adorable kitty!!! Her disablity doesn't seem to bother her either :) that's wonderful!

Looks like a new memeber of your family!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Congrats!! :p

catnapper
05-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your wonderful replies! I need people to talk me out of this now! :D ;)

I just heard the results of the X ray from the vet. I hate people. Vet determined that the kittens were all "intentially mutillated". It just makes me want to cry. :(

kimlovescats
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Oh my gosh ... that is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!:mad: To think what that baby has been through, and she still loves humans like she does ..... Kim, you have to keep her!:(

Don Juan's mom
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Damn. How unhappy does someone have to be to do that? :(

Liz

QueenScoopalot
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm not so sure I'd go by one vet's assumption. I have a pair of cats here that belonged to my (thankfully X-neighbor). Lana's uncle let his cat keep reproducing, and then let his teenage (at the time) neice pick and choose the kittens she wanted. I was getting blue in the face trying to get through to her, and her family how important spay/neutering etc. was...but to no avail. So I went to step #2 and just made the kittens go *POOF* one by one. Impy was my first with half a hind leg, which ended up being amputated at the hip due to him being a rambunctious kitten, and outside at the time. Gabriel, and his sister Nicki were from another litter born to the same mom cat. Gabe has stumps, and Nicki half a hind leg...all were born that way. Either the umbilical cord cut off the blood supply, or the mom cat chewed the legs off as she was birthing the kittens. It happens. ;) And Skippy is also missing a portion of his leg, so it's not so uncommon. ;) I'm amazed that you couldn't make out the initials on Flutter's head! Look at how many others saw them...time for an eye exam for you Kim! ;) :) And a head exam if you think she's leaving your house! :D ~giggle~ snort~ chuckle!!!

kuhio98
05-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that Flutter and her sister might have been intentionally hurt.

My friend Val rushed a newborn kitten to the vet when it's inexperienced mom chewed off one of it's legs. The vet started to accuse Val of intentionally hurting the kitten when the other volunteers came to her defense. Unfortunately, it happens with over-enthusiastic cleaning by an inexperienced mom.

Whatever the cause, Flutter and her sister should have wonderful lives from here on out.

doolittleky
05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Flutter is adorable! I couldn't have been able to resist her either! Now ya know why I don't foster!
Melissa

catnapper
05-12-2005, 08:44 PM
LOL... guys, hubby's finally gotten a chance to see Flutter. Last night she was in a spare room and I checked up on her in there. I was able to bring her out today because the vet sad her earmites would be dead by this morning... anyway....

Hubby has met her, and won't comment on her except he has nicknamed her. Her new name according Grant is....

drumroll please....

TRIPOD! Oh my God, I almost fell over laughing. And let me tell you, he does NOT nickname them unless he likes them. The only other one he nicknamed was Murphy, and he loved the little dude. Yes, its a TERRIBLE nickname... but there have been worse (Lori, what was your husband calling Rumor for a while... Prunella pudding pants I recall? :D )