PDA

View Full Version : How many of you use Bare Minerals Face Make up??

moosmom
05-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I just ordered some and need feedback.

Bare Minerals (Bare Essentials?) is an all natural face make up that is in powder form. It's good for your skin and hides age spots (yeah, I've got 'em), dark circles (yeah, I've got those too :rolleyes: ) and other blemishes.

I can't wait to try it. It comes with a 60 day money back guarantee. If I don't like it, I return it for a full refund.

Anyone else use it?? How do you like it? Give me the dirt, girls. Let me know what you do and don't like about it.

CatMama78
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
I use it and I love it. The only draw back is it's so messy. I have powder all over my bathroom counter.

caseysmom
05-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Where did you buy it? I checked it out on makeupalley.com it got good reviews. I use estee lauder oil free foundation and estee lauder double pressed powder...I would love to just use a powder.

Jadapit
05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
I have been thinking about getting that make up for awhile. I may do it yet. I just dont like the cream foundation much anymore. Maybe it's because I'm getting older huh?;)

anna_66
05-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Funny you would bring this up Donna. I just seen something about it the other day and was contemplating on getting some myself.
Please let us know how you like it, if you do I may just have to get some myself:D

catland
05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm not much of a makeup user but as my skin gets older and, well, older - (why oh why didn't I use more sunscreen when I was younger;) :eek: ) - it starts to sound more appealing.

I've seen a lot of advertising for it lately. Let us know how it works.:D

moosmom
05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
I've never used a foundation. Just some kinda cream to cover up the dark circles and then a translucent powder and blush. My moisturizer is Revenescence by Charles of the Ritz. A very dear friend who will turn 92 on the 20th has used it since she was 20 years old. Her skin is flawless and she looks like she's only 70!!

Anyway, I had seen ads for the Bare Essentials and thought I'd treat myself for Mother's Day. I got a $180 package for 2 payments of $29.99. Not bad. I've heard great things about it.

Catmama,

I'm not worried about making a mess. I always made a mess when I used the translucent powder!!

I'll take before and after pictures once I get the stuff and you guys can judge for yourself.

Catland,

I did the same thing when I was young, worshipped the sun! My face is paying dearly for it now. I'd rather be alive and pale than tan and dead!! ;)

robinh
05-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Have seen ads, so I'll be really interested to see how you like it. I have dark circles under my eyes and bags big enough to pack.

neko1
05-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Both my mother and myself use this makeup and we love it!!! It's really easy to apply and doesn't seem to have that make-upy look to your face, it's natural.

Yes the powder does get messy because I use two different colors and I pour a little bit of each onto the inside of one of the lids and blend with the brush. I also love the mineral veil that goes on after it, nice and light.

My mother has dark spots on her face and it covers them up nicely.

Can you tell we love Bare Minerals?!!!:D

Kater
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I use bareMinerals! I bought it for the first time in late January. The 1.50 oz. foundation (I use just one shade) and mineral veil lasted me six months! However, I'm fairly light handed with makeup application, don't wear it everyday and use the swirl-tap-buff application method. I believe the kits come with somewhat smaller sized jars (less than 1.50 oz.).

I absolutely prefer it to liquid foundation! I still have one tube of liquid foundation lurking in my makeup bag and I don't know if I'll ever use it up! I try to put it on fairly early in my morning routine because I like how it looks once it "soaks in" a bit and once my oily skin helps bring it closer to the skin surface (if that makes sense :p). I'm not sure how this product would work for someone with very dry skin, it could be a problem. I've always been oily, so I'm clueless about that.

I would feel nervous choosing a foundation shade without trying it on first - so for those of you who are considering buying it and have a Sephora in your area, I would suggest going in and getting someone to match your skin tone. However, I'm also just really bad at that :o so I may need more help than most. Once you know your shade you can purchase it online at Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61003&categoryId=C7010). The online prices are the same as those at my local Sephora store.

I don't use the Bare Escentuals brushes because I already had some brushes before I discovered bareMinerals. I think the brushes are probably a good investment once you determine you are satisfied with the makeup. :)

Lastly, I also bought one of the powder eyeshadows and I have to admit I'm not that happy with it. Maybe it's because my eyelids are dry and I don't apply any kind of base – but the stuff does not *stick* very well. So for right now, when it comes to eyeshadow, I prefer the cheaper brands you can find in drug stores. Hey Donna, if they mention any tips about eyeshadow application on the DVD could you fill me in? ;)

Hope that helps. :)

christa
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm also interested in how you like Bare Minerals! I've been considering it for myself!

I recently switched from Clinique foundation to Jafra. I really LOVE it (for a liquid foundation) . . . goes on super smoothe & blends well.

Definitely let us know how you like BM! Everyone else seems to love it! Must be good stuff!

moosmom
05-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Kater,

Once I watch the DVD, I'll send it to you if you'd like. When I called to order it, they tried selling me all this other stuff and I declined. I only wear blush and lipstick when I go to work and if I ever go out someplace nice (not very often), so I'm sure this stuff'll last me a while.

The guy that took my order asked me if I had skin like Nicole Kidman. I said no I am not that pale, but I burn very easily. He told me what shade I needed. I can always exchange it if it doesn't look good.

Now I can't wait to get it!! Thanks for all the feedback!

kitten645
06-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Moosmom, have you tried this yet? I just got my order and I must say I love it so far but of course it's always way fun to have a new toy..LOL. I rarely wear makeup other than mascara and eyeliner but I really like this so far. A little does seem to go a long way. I've always hated cream foundation because it feels so heavy and gets absorbed into my skin within an hour. Then I feel like all this goop is on my skin.
As far as matching colors goes, I've usually had it pretty easy because although I don't have Nicole kidmans color (WHO does??) I'm really really (and I do mean really!) fair. They sent me the lightest color and the next one up. I think that works well because I can use the lightest in the winter and now that I have some color (though I burn at the slightest ray) I can use the next and then mix them.
I'd love to know what you think.
Claudia :)

shais_mom
06-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I have perusing this site for a few days wondering about getting it!

I was planning on waiting until I go to Cali and get it then so I can be sure I will like it.

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
I just looked at the link that Kater gave us and there's a Sephora store very close to me. I guess I should check this out. I have very oily skin and always have. I'd love to use a product that covers well and keeps my skin from looking shiny and oily.:)

shais_mom
06-04-2005, 12:47 AM
www.trybareminerals.com

anna_66
06-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I was just thinking about this!

Have you tried it yet Donna? What do you think about it?

moosmom
06-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I haven't received it yet. :( Don't know what the hold up is. I'm going to call and check up on it. Now I'm REALLY excited to try it!

Kater
06-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Has anyone else taken the plunge? ;)

I had a co-worker compliment me on my makeup last week and ask what foundation I used. (quite a nice surprise!) She recognized the name bareMinerals and said she copied down the phone number from the infomercial many times, but never actually ordered it. I think a lot of women would really like it if they just gave it a try! So I'm just encouraging those of who think you might like it to ...give it a try. :)

I've started applying the eyeshadow with my fingers instead of my (cheap) eyeshadow brush. It is "sticking" properly and now I realize that my low-quality application tool was the problem. :rolleyes:

Donna – has yours come yet?

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
When Staci comes out in July, we're going to buy this too. Yay!! I'm excited!! It sounds wonderful!!

moosmom
06-09-2005, 03:00 PM
I called the company this afternoon. They supposedly shipped it out the second week of May. I never received it. I ended up cancelling the order until I can afford it. I really needed them to credit my maxed credit card.

I'll order it again once I've been working full-time for a month or so.

At least I've got great feedback. Thanks guys!!

shais_mom
06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
I just ordered some
said it would take 3 - 4 weeks...

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Hmmm maybe I should take the plunge and visit the Sephora store near me.:)

shais_mom
06-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I got mine Saturday. :)
This is what I looked like this afternoon before work with just a bit of my own eyeliner over the shadow liner and my own lipstick....

shais_mom
06-20-2005, 11:55 PM
here :)

anna_66
06-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Looks good Staci! How do you like it? Does it feel natural?

shais_mom
06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
yup
it feels really light and like I am not wearing anything at all. I of course ordered the deluxe kit :rolleyes: but am glad I did b/c I got several brushes and face color and eyeshadows.

Kater
06-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Stace, you look....radiant! :D I'm glad to hear that you are happy with it. :)
.....Has anyone else taken the plunge? ;)

shais_mom
06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks Kate!
The one thing I am struggling with is the eyeliner brush with the darker eyeshadow colors.. gggrrr
I am not good with putting on liquid liner and that is what it's like.
I much prefer my pencils - they last longer too b/c the eyeshadow made into a paste with water comes right off with just a damp finger... But to use the dark shadows as shadow or contour I think they would be great.

ramanth
06-22-2005, 01:39 PM
You look great Staci! I saw a commercial for this a few days ago. I just might have to look into it. :)

Samantha Puppy
06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Anyone got any tips on how to cover up the numerous zits I'm getting all of my face, courtesy of the peanut currently taking over my body? I never even had zits this bad during PUBERTY!

I usually use either Clinique or Benefit, but neither hides them well enough. I still feel like they're big ugly focal points all over my face!

Maresche
06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
When I was pregnant, I had no luck clearing up my acne with anything... I hope you have better luck.

My face is only now clearing up and Mimi's been here since Easter!

Samantha Puppy
06-22-2005, 02:13 PM
:eek: That's not what I wanted to hear!!

shais_mom
08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I have been wanting to bump this up for awhile but keep forgetting.

**I suggest anyone who is curious to try this - run don't walk to the nearest Sephora or http://www.trybareminerals.com/ to try this stuff.
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
I can't imagine wearing anything else. I have thrown all my other stuff away.
I had a Mary Kaye facial a few weeks ago and reluctantly used their foundation and felt suffocated the rest of the day and had a zit the next day! :mad: That just adds insult to injury!
I even got Kelly and Tonya hooked in California - Karen was intrigued also - and Tonya doesn't even like to wear foundation!!
I have also bought the base and mineral veil on ebay.
This is awesome awesome stuff!

shais_mom
08-15-2005, 02:41 PM
btw
all of us have it on in this picture including Karen b/c we had a total girly girly time getting ready for the bbq -

NoahsMommy
08-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Staci Lynn!! No picture posting of me!! ;)

Prednisone makes me fat! Ugh...

I too bought the Bare Minerals and ADORE it!!!

shais_mom
08-23-2005, 12:15 AM
ok ok once again ravvvinnnngg about these products

here are some pics I took today -
and the odd looking pics are of a scar I have on my upper Chest and I just wanted to show how well it covers it.....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9Qas2bFs1bmY

finn's mom
08-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Anyone got any tips on how to cover up the numerous zits I'm getting all of my face, courtesy of the peanut currently taking over my body?

Hey, Jaime. I just got introduced to a product that I hope will finally be the answer to my cosmetic woes...I ordered a clear skin set, and, i'll let you know if it helps my skin. It's 100% botanically based, and, nothing used in the product is tested on animals, and, no mineral oil at all is used, either, which is nice. I'll let you know if the stuff I ordered actually works like I've heard it does. Nothing else ever has consistently for my oily skin, so, I'll let you know...