PDA

View Full Version : RIP, my sweet Texas

Cataholic
05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Texas is on his way to RB. My sweetest and most tuxie of all tuxedos was just too thin, wasn't eating, was howling, and had a most difficult time walking this am. I knew it was his time to make the trip, though my heart is so heavy. I was with him til the very end, reminding him of our better days of health. I told him he would forever be my heart cat, and when he got settled in, to let Binx know I still miss him!

RIP, Texas. You were twice the cat I have ever known. You deserve every good thing at RB. Godspeed my little man.

All my forever love,
Johanna

lizbud
05-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Rest In Peace Texas.:(

You will live forever in your momma's heart.

moosmom
05-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Johanna,

I'm so sorry to hear about Tex. You're in my thoughts.

RIP sweet little boy!

(((((hugs)))))

Donna

jennifert9
05-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about Texas...He was a beautiful boy.
Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
With Deepest Sympathy....:(

sasvermont
05-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I am crying. Such a brave thing to do. I just know how hard it is, but in the long run, it is humane. You will be in my thoughts and tears.

SAS

Barbara
05-11-2005, 09:46 AM
This came as a total surprise to me- oh Joh- you are going through hard times these days.

Tex boy will be meeting Tubby - and both will be playing- young again and happy.

RIP, sweet boy.

cloverfdx
05-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh Johanna what a shock, I am so sorry {Hugs}.

RIP Texas, play nicely at the bridge.

Christiansmommy
05-11-2005, 09:56 AM
I am so sorry Johanna. :( I can say from experience, I know how hard it is when they leave us :( Thankfully he will be healthy now, and that is why it had to be done. I am sure Binx will look out for him at the Bridge...what a nice reunion for them. (((HUGS)))

Robyn

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh Joh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I knew you said he was declining but I didn't realize it was this serious.

Rest in Peace Texas. You will be dearly missed here on the ol' dirt ball, but I know you will have lots and lots of friends at the RB - Tubby amongst them.

:( :(

gini
05-11-2005, 10:01 AM
My eyes are burning as I type this.

It is so difficult when we realize that it is time for us to say goodbye and do the right thing for our pets.

Johanna, I am so sorry for your loss and I know all too well how Texas took over your heart and the pain you now feel.

Texas, I know that you are sharing stories now with Binx about your wonderful home. Play hard - pain free - you will be joined by Johanna in God's time.

popcornbird
05-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Dearest Johanna,

I can hardly see right now, through the tears. What a shock to wake up to this morning. :( I'm so sorry to hear about Texas leaving you, and wish I could be there to bring you some comfort. May God hold you gently, and comfort you, and wipe away your tears. RIP darling Texas, the leader of the tuxies, and know how very much your mommy loves you. You will be deeply missed here, by all of us.

Lots of love and {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}} to you, Johanna. You know that if you need anything, or just a shoulder to cry on, I'm just a PM or email away. :(

:(

smokey the elder
05-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry about Texas. Play nice at the Bridge!

slick
05-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Johanna, this will be a short reply because I just don't know what words to say. :( :( Tears flow freely for you and we all hurt along with you. RIP little Texas and watch over your Meowmie for us. Enjoy your eternal life at the RB little one.

Big {{{hugs}}} Johanna
slick
xo

jazzcat
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Oh Johanna I'm so sorry. I had no idea he wasn't doing well. What a sad shock.

Rest in Peace sweet Texas. You will be very missed.

popcornbird
05-11-2005, 10:41 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/popcornbird/ac8286de.jpg

PJ's Mom
05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh no. :( RIP Texas. :(

Vio&Juni
05-11-2005, 12:23 PM
This is so sad :(

RIP handsome Texas.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-11-2005, 12:38 PM
OH NO!!

I am so sorry Johanna!

RIP sweet Texas kitty! I know you have a wonderful life with your meowmie.

Have fun playing at Rainbow Bridge.... pain free.... I'm sure there are lots of bugs to paw at... and lots of birds to chirp at.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Be at peace sweet Tex!
You will be missed so very much here.

You are well and healthy now and have tons of our fur pals to play with. You'll see your mawmee again someday and will even get to meet us too. Fister's daddy is there and will want to give you lots of hugs too, I'm sure!

(((HUGS heading to heaven)))

Uabassoon
05-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Texas. RIP sweet boy, I'm sure Binx will show you around the rainbow bridge.

Grace
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tex.

Poo
05-11-2005, 01:50 PM
So sorry to hear your news. It's so hard to let them go. He will be playing happily now at Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure my dear Sooty will be showing him the ropes. :(

Nicki x

Karen
05-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I hope you have a pleasant trip to the Rainbow Bridge, Texas.
We know your heart was bigger even than the state whose name you bore, and that will never change. Say hello to everyone up there at the bridge, and find my Mom, who always called you guys Disney kitties instead of Tuxies, okay? She knows just how to give goooooood kitty skritchies.

RedHedd
05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
:( RIP sweet Texas! I can't type too much more as I can't see through the tears. Say Hi to my sweet Goldie up at the Bridge .... look for a small, fluffy orangie gal.

Kater
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh Johanna, I am so sorry. :( Texas was lucky to have fourteen years with you, and you were most blessed to have him too, of course. Now he is whole again, forever young in body and spirit. He leaves an amazing legacy behind and will never be forgotten.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you.
RIP always, Tex.

jenluckenbach
05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
OH Johanna, I am so sorry to hear of this loss. I know Texas was your main man,, #1 kitty. He has been with you thorugh a lot. Many hugs coming your way. {{{{HUGS}}}} RIP dear Texas :( :(

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I know it was difficult to say goodbye to your precious Texas.
I pray and hope that you find comfort and peace in the loving memories you made together.

Rest in Peace dear Texas.

(((((HUGS))))) Johanna

kuhio98
05-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Rest in peace sweet boy. Until we're all reunited ~ never to be parted again. :(

Logan
05-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry, Johanna, for this loss. :( :( I knew he was declining, but there is never a good time. :(

You and your family remain in my prayers as you struggle with Samantha's illness. Texas is in my thought and prayers, too. I'm sure he is romping happily, by now, with Shrimp Boat, Tigger and so many others in heaven. Isn't that a wonderful thought?

Love,
Logan

wolflady
05-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Texas making the trip up to the Rainbow Bridge, :( but now you have another angel to watch over you and your family.
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Vermontcat
05-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear that Tex is gone.:(
I know he was your first tux kitty and a very special one in your heart.
Hugs to you.

trayi52
05-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Johanna, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Texas.

Rest in peace, sweet Texas, and play hard at the bridge.

Willie

K9soul
05-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Johanna, sometimes life just seems to hand us too much grief to bear at once :(. I'm so very sorry that in this already stressful and frightening time, you must also deal with the loss of your beautiful and beloved Texas. I just know though, that he is now at the Rainbow Bridge, playing with kittenish glee, and watching over you and the herd from above. {{Hugs}} and my most heartfelt condolences to you.

chocolatepuppy
05-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Rest in Peace Texas.

luvofallhorses
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
I am so sorry :( ((((((hugs)))))))) R.I.P. Texas :(

captain
05-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Johanna,

I am so sorry.
Perhaps he will find the darlin Binxy boy ............. :(
{{{HUGS}}} to you and the whole crew.

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
:confused:

<RING> ... <RING> ...

... No, YOU answer it! ...

H-H-h-hellow???

Oh, HI, GranMom!! ... Gud to hear furm ya!! ... Whut's dat??
SURE, we kan patch him rite thru ... Miz Johanna will be Happie ta know
he got to da Bridge in A-OK shape. PUT him onna Line!

HI, Tex!
Go rite ahead - we'll send it to You Mom rite away!!

Hi MOM!!

Rite aftur we sed our G-Byes this mornin, I musta <dozed> off whilst
ridin on dat Big Sliver Klowd ... kan ya believe whut I woke up to!??

Yeah, dat GI-mungus Big TONGUE, belongin ta You-Know-Who -
Mr. BINX!

He's rite here an wuntz ta say "Hellow", too!

HI MOM!! ... It's ME, yur Big Boy!
Sure do *MISS* ya, Mom - but it IS *nice* up here atta Bridge!
An ya otta see my new set of Pearly Whites! <grinn> :D
Bye fur now, Mom!
/s/ Binx ;)

Tex here agin, Mom ...

Besides Binx, der wuz a whole GANG onna Bridge ta meet me -
Buncha GRANMoms an GranDadz, all jabberin bout WHO their
GranKatz and an GranDawgz are ...
"Hellowz" bein sent fur Keegan, Cinder & Smokey, Miz Hoppy ...
I shudda wrote em all down.

An da WelKommin Kommittee - WOW! - Whutta Gang of FurKids ...
* Lil Wabbitt named Sophie ~ "HI to Mom Zippy" (Wiffa <ThUmpZ!>)
* Nudder Big Saint - sez "HI to da Mayor"
* Shianne sez "HI to Staci"
* FluffBall Oreo sez "HI to Mom & Dad, anna Kidz, too!"
* TUBBY sez "HiYa to Mom an Dad; an he's glad "CJ" is werkin out!"
* Killian sez "HI to Mom & Shilo; an dat he'z feelin GREAT now!!"

Mom ~ Did I say I *MISS* ya?
I DO *miss* ya; but I feel Soooo much better up here.
An I won't be lonesum - LOTTA FurKidz ta play wiff here.
I'll *miss* da Herd, an Baby Jonah ~
Oh, I AM gonna *miss* dat Kid!

But lookit da *Brite* side, Mom -
Now ya gotz yur Own Purrsonal Angel up here ta Look After youze Guyz!

We all jest gotz back frum da MidNite Purrayer Service -
Baby Samantha wuz onna TOP uvva Purrayer List;
an Bowser's Dad / Zippy's GranPaw wuz onna List, too.

We've boff had a *bizzie* day ... I'll sat G-Nite fur now,
but Binx an I will <ring> ya up again, Mom.

THANKZ fur da last Fourteen Years, Mom ~
We hadda BLAST, dint we!?

/s/ Texas / "Tex" ;)

captain
05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
*tears* Oh Phred .....:(

That was beautiful.

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry and also in shock to hear about Tex's passing.:( Both of you knew it was time for him to go to the Bridge and now he's a happy, healthy, and pain free kitty again. I'm sure that my Pepper welcomed him with open arms. RIP sweet Tex. You'll always be missed and never forgotten. Please take care Johanna. I know you're going through a lot right now. {{{{HUGS}}}}

kimlovescats
05-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Dear Johanna ... I am just now seeing this thread. I am so very sorry to hear that Tex is now at Rainbow Bridge. I know it was a very difficult decision, but it was one made out of love and in his best interest. This just adds to all the sadness you are experiencing right now, and I just wish I could take your pain away. Please know I am here and praying for you.

Love,
Kim:(

LoudLou
05-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Godspeed Texas... :(

catlover4ever
05-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Oh Johanna, I'm so sorry I only just saw this thread. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Godspeed Texas, play hard at the RB and know that you were loved beyond what we can say in words.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Oh no Johanna, that is terrible news.... :( .

Cinder and Smoke, that was a very special poem!! Thanks for that!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cincy'sMom
05-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday, Johanna :( I feel so privledged to have met dear Texas.

RIP Texas. You will be missed.

catnapper
05-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Oh Johanna, I am so sorry. He knows he is loved, and will watch over his brothers and sisters, and wait for them and you at the gates of the RB.

kittykay
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a very hard decision to make, but they count on us to make it for them. You have all my sympathy.

furrykidsmother
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. RIP sweet Texas. You will once again be young and healthy at the RB!

robinh
05-12-2005, 10:31 AM
I am so sory to hear this. You have my deepest sympathy.

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Tex. I did not realise he had declined so quickly.

Rest in peace, beautiful boy.

Randi
05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost Texas. :( I dread the day it's Fister's and Pjevs' turn. I think you made the right decision though, he doesn't suffer now, but are playing happily at the RB with all the other kitties - and I'm sure John and Batman is there to welcome him too. :)

I'm sending hugs to you. Try to remember all the good times!

kittycats_delight
05-12-2005, 12:16 PM
I am sooo sorry to hear about Texas. You seem to be going through such a trying time right now. Rest assured that Texas is happy, healthy and young once more at Rainbow Bridge. And my Mytsi Angel said to tell you she will be his constant friend and playmate until you can once again hold him in your arms and cross the bridge together furrever.

R.I.P. Sweet Handsome Texas

catland
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please find comfort in knowing that all of us are sharing your grief today. Eventually you'll be able to see past the grief and remember the good times with Texas.

Safe journey Texas.

emily_the_spoiled
05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Although I understand your decision, I know it was very hard for you to make. But right now he is at the RB romping and playing with all of our loved ones who are waiting for us. Tex is happy and healthy and watching over you and Jonah now.

I am very sorry:( :(

zippy-kat
05-12-2005, 08:13 PM
:( To one of the best statesmen ever... Godspeed, dear Tex!

{{hugs}}

AmberLee
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Frolic well at the Bridge, sweet Texas and send lots of love your Meowmy's way. She's hurting a lot right now.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

Cataholic
05-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Thank you for your kind words.

Edwina's Secretary
05-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Johanna.....I am so sorry to hear of Tex's passing. I wish I were closer and able to give you help...or at least comfort with all you are handling right now.

Godspped to Tex the Tux...

catmandu
05-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I told,the Found Cats,about Texas,passing away,and they are very sad,as are all,of Pet Talk.I am still wodering why BJ,My Cat,went so suddenly,and wondering what I did wrong.
Tonight,at the Rainbow Bridge,Texas,will be the guest,of Honor,at a Big Eelcone Texas arty,and there will be a genuine Texan Style BBQ,for your Beloved Tuxedo Companion.You,were a Good Companion,Texas,now you work,as A Guardian Cat Angel,has begun.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-15-2005, 05:38 PM
OMG. I'm so sorry, Johanna. I'm just seeing this now. :(

I don't know what to say. I'm so very, very sorry.

Felicia's Mom
05-15-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

sandragonfly
05-16-2005, 04:43 AM
:( :( :(

sorry about that. texas and you'll be in my thoughts, knowing he's watching over us..especially you for taking him in your life more than fourteen dear years..

I would have sang along, dailing for god... phred's phreuff teary tribute. please take care of yourself, johanna. :)

JanB
05-16-2005, 04:54 AM
You were a fine companion to your human. Bless your little kitty heart. Tell all my kitties hello over the bridge.
Love and Peace,
Jan B

ramanth
05-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Dearest Johanna, I am so sorry for your loss. :( :(

*HUGS*

RIP sweet Texas.

sandragonfly
05-16-2005, 05:17 PM
((hugging you again..)) am wondering how you're hanging in there.. :) take care!

dsazimm
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I just wanted to let you know how sad I am for your lost. It seems there is a lot of darkness over the KRS crew. Words can not express the sorrow. Love, Sue

wolf_Q
05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Texas. May he rest in peace. :(

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm very sorry, Johanna. {{HUGS}}
Purr in peace, sweet Texas.

ChrisH
05-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh, Johanna, {{hugs}} :(

Rest in Peace, Sweet Texas

AlleyCat
05-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Texas' passing. I am just reading this for the first time. It may have been several weeks ago already, but I know all to well how long the heart can be heavy with the passing of a loved furkid. I'm sure you have wonderful memories of the ol' guy! Again, sorry!:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh no! I am so very sorry about Texas! That is so sad!!:( ((HUGS)) Johanna!:(

lvpets2002
06-15-2005, 09:17 AM
:( I am always sorry to hear of anyone's loss of a dear pet. But you know where ever loss there is a new door that opens & I found this out when I lost my bottle fed Callie. I got her at 4 days old & every two hours bottle feeding & burping & stm potting & the whole works & when she was 14 wks old needed surgury & didnt come out of it & I was just beside myself & blamed it on the Vet. & all & but you know I started looking for a new baby the next week & found this little girl Callett & she was all ear mite infected & underfed & so so tiny & stunk. I brought her home & now 3 yrs later here she is & so so spoiled & she also has 5 other playmates that I have rescued since. They all make me so happy each & every day.

shais_mom
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Jo - I am so sorry I missed this.
I know he was joined with all the family and PT furries before him - and lots of people who will shower him with love.

hugs to you

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 03:10 AM
I missed this too!! :( I think this was during my last hospital visit...I'm so sorry, honey!!

(((((hugs))))))

Texas will absolutely be missed!

Hugs, Kelly

rosethecopycat
07-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I am seeing this, only learning of your new addition, and the loss of sweet Tex, at the same time.

I am so sorry.

Tex was a special guy, and will be missed.

puggywuggles41893
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
That's so sad((((hugs))))
R.I.P. Texas:(

kb2yjx
07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
So sorry to read about the loss of Texas! He sounded like quite the cat!!! RIP sweet Texas!

lynnestankard
07-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Dear Johanna - Sorry to be late with this - I'm sure you know I've been computerless.

This is really sad news - I'm so sorry dear Texas has to go to the Bridge - my heart goes out to you - what a wonderful brave Meowmie you are - I hope as time is progressing - the wonderful, happy memories are helping you to cope.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} sweetheart.

Lynne