PDA

View Full Version : I like the RAIN!

Suki Wingy
05-11-2005, 07:36 AM
The RAIN! YES!
I awoke to the distant sound of thunder and immediately there was a reason for going to school! I was out the door on time for once. Everything was green, GREEN! Not the bright, Kelly green of a summer day, but (blegh!!), the grey-green colour of the sky when it rains. This was pure bliss!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-11-2005, 08:11 AM
You like rain??:eek: I hate rainy days, and so do my cats..... :D

LKPike
05-11-2005, 08:38 AM
I LOVE rain! well actually I love thunderstorms :) The more thunder there is the better :)

and to think - 2 year ago I would hide under my bed because of it :p

Suki Wingy
05-11-2005, 09:35 AM
The sun has started to come out :(

RedHedd
05-11-2005, 12:47 PM
If you like rain, come to California! <squish, squish> :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
05-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I HATE the rain. Probably because I live in a place where it hardly ever rains. It ruins my hair, it smells bad, it makes everything WET. The only time I like rain is when we have thunder and lightening storms. I love to watch lightening. Or when it's absolutely pouring, like water is just falling from the sky in huge drops and you have no choice but to be outside. It can be fun to get absolutely drenched. As much as I generally dislike rain, Kelowna sure needs it. We have a drought every summer because of our lack of rain (Another reason for our huge BC fire the summer before last and the reason campfires are usually banned in most places . The lake water is going down every year. Right now they are cutting a huge piece of ice off a mountain to put in the lake to raise the water levels. The water went down four feet last year. :eek:

dukedogsmom
05-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I actually like it, too. Though not the hurricanes! I love having a day off and it raining. I find it comforting for some reason. It's kind of overcast here now.

DogLover9501
05-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I love rain, and thunder storms too!

Suki Wingy
05-11-2005, 03:22 PM
It has pretty much cleared up now.:(

K9soul
05-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I love rain as well, especially warm summer rains. I never feel quite so alive and joyful as I do on those warm rainy days, I always crave to go walk in the woods at those times. I absolutely love the earthy green fresh smell of it, the smell of the leaves, flowers, and trees filling the air. Often it's so quiet and peaceful out because everyone holes up inside and there are no lawnmowers, weedeaters, chainsaws, drills etc running. I love the peaceful, gentle silence of it. Everything looks especially clean and bright, the grass is brilliant green and the flowers look so crisp and vibrant. I often make it a point to go for a walk when it's raining, as long as it's fairly warm out ;)

Uabassoon
05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Rain? What's that? I wish we got rain here, it rarely rains in Arizona. So I always enjoy the rare rainy day.

anna_66
05-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I like the rain too, but only when it's a slow steady rain.
We've been having alot of downpours here lately and they last ALL DAY LONG!
It's getting ready to storm here, I like to watch lightening storms (don't like some of the damage they do though) and listen to thunder...too bad it has to rain so heavy:(

luvofallhorses
05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't like rain, but I would take it anyday in place of snow. The reason being I don't like rain is when I took my little cousins to play at the playground at the school, we got caught in a hail storm. Hehe, I should say I don't like hail :p but it's been raining all week here, come here ;)

What I hate about Montana is, is the weather we've had snow in June before :eek:
:rolleyes:

didn't mean to highjack your thread :o

chrissycat21
05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Thunder scares the heck out of me! :o :o :p It freaked me out this morning, I literally jumped 3 feet in the air when I woke up.

It stopped raining! YAY!:D ;)

Oggyflute
05-11-2005, 08:03 PM
We have been in drought for so long, that rain is regarded as a joyous occasion.:)

manda_moo87
05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I don't like rain because it rains soooooo much here. :p

Suki Wingy
05-11-2005, 09:01 PM
k9soul, you summed it up exactly!
Uabassoon, I know, what about those dust storms! My dad and step mom lived in AZ for about 6 years and I would visit usually twice a year, I actually thought about living there sometime in my far future (I know, where haven't I seriously thought about living??) I love the rain and the dry deserts.
Rain is great, but humidity with no rain?? I THINK NOT!!
chrissycat21- same storm, right??

sammy101
05-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I love sleeping in thunderstorms,,its weird though because i seem to fall asleep better when its raining/thunderstorms.I love when it rains at night!I love the sound of rain!:D

christa
05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
At first I thought you were being sarcastic! :rolleyes:

I LOVE sleeping through a thunderstorm! Nothing like it!

I HATE driving in the rain! (bad experiences)

Vette
05-12-2005, 03:36 AM
I like the rain too. :D espically night time thunder storms. i just love the sound of thunder and watching the lightning. :D

ive been trying to find some nature CDs in Walmart that have recordings of thunder and rain.. but i cant find crap