PDA

View Full Version : don juan here i got a new sister

Don Juan's mom
05-11-2005, 01:26 AM
so mom went off to work again today and left me all by myself and takes my purple carrier she bought a bigger one and said that will be for me but then she comes home with my purple carrier and there's another cat in there. mom says she will be my little sister and her name is zerlina. she saw her when she went to petsmart to get my kibble on saturday and adopted her.

so now zerlina is on MY climbing tower and she's been lounging on MY sofa and can even get inside the kitty condo mom found in someone's trash and fixed up. fortunately she hasn't taken my spot on top of mom's computer.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p59107e175d17c40b8a3ecd2b137dc23d/f8ad2126.jpg

Hey, what's going on here? How'd you get my password, you bad boy? :eek:

Well, I tried to do a slow introduction. But now Don Juan and Zerlina have been spending the evening touching noses, staring at each other, and occasionally fluffing tails. It's going pretty well, I hope. :rolleyes:

No pics of the new kitty yet, but you can see her on the website for the rescue group, www.hopalong.org/cats.html (http://www.hopalong.org/cats.html) . Her name was "Zana," but I wanted to rename her after a character in Don Giovanni.

Here's hoping. Maybe I won't have to shut Don Juan in the bathroom when I go to work. :)

Liz

here i am again she isn't so bad we'll see who gets to sleep with mom tonight.

yr friend don juan

kimboe
05-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Awww...She's really pretty, i hope she likes her new family members and has a happy little kitty life full of mischief, fun and days in the sun!

Killearn Kitties
05-11-2005, 04:42 AM
She is gorgeous! I hope the introductions continue smoothly!

jenluckenbach
05-11-2005, 05:18 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a beautiful little girl.

catfamily
05-11-2005, 06:15 AM
She is very pretty.And looks like from what they said about her at the adoption agency,she's got a perfect personality too.:D

christa
05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
I am soooooo glad that you decided to get a playmate for DJ!!! I really think that once they start getting along (and they will!) You'll wish you'd have done it sooner!

Good luck with the introductions! Just remember, there will be lots of poofy tails, lots of hissing and probably some smacking! Just let them do their thing and once DJ's smell has been transfered to the new kitty :rolleyes: he'll be fine with her!

BTW, she is beautiful! Can't wait to see some new pics!

catnapper
05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
She is GORGEOUS! Very elegant addition to the household. Welcome to the PT gang Miss Zerlina!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-11-2005, 07:57 AM
What a gorgeous girl!! I like her fancy name Zerlina!!

I had a look at the other cats too; OMG, they ALL are adorable!!

Logan
05-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Welcome, Zerlina!!! :) What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!!!! :D

Don Juan, be nice! You now have a friend to play with with Mom is at work!!!! :) I know you're still #1!

catmandu
05-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Zerlina,is a Real Beauty,Don Juan,and once you get used to her,We,the Found Cats,think,that you will love,having another Cat,to play,with,and be Your Companion.
And Bless You,Don Juan and Guardians,for giving ,a Starry Cat,like Zerlina,a Second Chance,at a Fine Furr Ever Home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture227.jpg

Barbara
05-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Zerlina is so pretty. And Don Juan- you hve to live up to your name and to flirt with her!

"La ci darem' la mano............"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p59107e175d17c40b8a3ecd2b137dc23d/f8ad2126.jpg

Here's the pic of Don Juan on the monitor. And Zerlina is a beauty!

Congratulations on the new addition and on the easy introductions!

PS - if you go in and edit your picture to take out everything after the first .jpg it will show up.

kimlovescats
05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
HOW EXCITING! Don's gonna have a playmate!!!:D Zerlina is a real beauty, looks like she has a few dabs of white on her too!
Congratulations!!!:D

Kim

Don Juan's mom
05-11-2005, 11:22 AM
zerlina has been using MY litterbox AND the one mom bought her with the cover i won't use because im a big boy. but i still got to sleep in moms bed. im still not sure about all this. zerlina is littler than me but her claws are sharp. :(

dukedogsmom
05-11-2005, 11:34 AM
What a cute pic! I love the site. I love Camille and Tawny and am so tempted to get Charlie Ravioli as a buddy for Doogie! He reminds me of Doogie in the face. I just love the orangies.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Congrats on your new addition!!!:D Zerlina is gorgeous and sounds like she has a wonderful personality too. I hope the introductions continue to go well. Good luck.:D

Don Juan's mom
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
OK, I'm at work now, so this has to be quick. I found a couple of tufts of hair when I got up this morning (Don Juan's). I've put Don Juan in the bathroom with his food, water and one of the carpet condoms. Zerlina is in the bedroom. Just want to make sure she understands some boundaries.

But I'm anticipating a pleasant evening of "Lost" and "Law and Order" tonight, and playing with my TWO beautiful kitties!

Liz :)

RedHedd
05-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Aww! She's darling! I LOVE hopalong!

EDIT: I love "Lost" too! :)

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Congratulations on your new beautiful girl, Zerlina. Such a nice name.

Don Juan, I'm sure in no time, you and Zerlina will be the best of friends.:)

Craftlady
05-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Congrads on your new addition of the furry kids family. She is beautiful :)

carole
05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
What a beautiful sleek princess you have there, congratulations on your new addition, I sure hope she settles well, and you certainly have a prize there.

I spent the rest of the time looking at all the other kitties, it must have been so hard to choose,there are so many cuties on there, oh the torture.:(

Don Juan's mom
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by carole
I spent the rest of the time looking at all the other kitties, it must have been so hard to choose,there are so many cuties on there, oh the torture.:(

Not that hard, really. Hopalong had a mobile adoption center at our local Petsmart. Zerlina put her face up against the bars for a scritch.

:D

She and an orange-&-white male named Spot were the last ones adopted out from Petsmart. Petsmart rotates its rescue groups.

It's now 4:20 pm. Let's hope Don Juan forgives me for putting him in the bathroom for the day. :rolleyes:

Liz

AmberLee
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Welcome, Zerlina!

Hope you enjoy your new playmate, Don Juan. Hint: 2 kitties get twice the toys and treats of 1 kitty... Think about it.

NoahsMommy
05-13-2005, 01:58 AM
What a beautiful girl!!

Congrats on the new sister... ;)

lady_zana
05-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom

Her name was "Zana," but I wanted to rename her after a character in Don Giovanni.

Hey, what's wrong with the name Zana? JOKE! I'm just teasing. She's a beautiful cat, all that sleek black fur, no matter what you name her! ;) Congrats on your new addition. :)

jenluckenbach
05-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana
Hey, what's wrong with the name Zana? JOKE! I'm just teasing.
LOL....I was waiting for you to see this.......;) (LOL)

Don Juan's mom
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Hint: 2 kitties get twice the toys and treats of 1 kitty... Think about it.

NO THEY DON'T ZERLINA EATS MY FOOD AND PLAYS WITH MY TOYS! :(

but i like having someone to play with who's my size. and i like the nest mom bought for me.

yr friend don juan