PDA

View Full Version : I am back!! Please meet my new babies

tazz1227
05-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone...I have been gone for almost a year after the death of my babies! I was totally devastated and didn't know if I could do it again. But my heart missed having the pitter patter of little feet in the house. I went to the Housing Rabbit site and adopted Tori and Josie. Their picture is attached. Are they not the most beautiful bunnies. They are wonderful. I would like to illicit some advise for anyone that has any suggestions.

Tori and Josie have been in foster care all of their lives going from house to house so they are not very trusting. They prefer to stay in their cage and will not let me rub them. I know it will take time and they have only been here for 2 weeks and we are making progress. I lay on the floor with them and they come over and sniff me, climb on me and I even got a lick but as soon as I attempt to touch them, they run. HELP! I know I can't expect them to be like my bunnies that went to the Rainbow Bridge but I just want to love them and make them feel secure becaue they are HOME!! :D

Thank you all for your support! :D

Oggyflute
05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Your kids look so cute, sorry I can't help with bunny behaviour but. I dare say that some knowledgeable soul on here will though.:)

Krysia
05-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Hello,
I just want to tell you I love your bunnies. I used to have one too. It was white with red eyes. At the moment, I posses a beautiful hamster. She's cute when she doesn't bite me:(
Regards, Krysia:)

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 08:58 PM
welcome back and that's so great you can still share your fluffies! gosh, the pictures look SO stuff-fluffy! very beautiful bunnies, indeed!

take care..

tazz1227
05-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Thank you for calling them "fluffy" and not FAT. :D I love them and they are a lot of fun!

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
hi again!

any more pictures....?? :D :D ..being here you would have expect us begging! :p ;) :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Welcome back! Your bunnies are SO cute!!!:D

lvpets2002
06-15-2005, 10:28 AM
:) The Bunnies are such Cuties. Are they potty trained & stay in the house? Many bunny kisses

tazz1227
06-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes they are litter box trained. Here are some more pictures.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-20-2005, 06:44 AM
lovely bunnies - welcome back.....

Karen
06-20-2005, 07:28 AM
You are doing the right thing, letting them get used to you. They've had some harder times, so it's not unexpected that they'd be wary at first. Just keep "being with" them, maybe figure out what kind of toys or treats they like and bribe them nearer you every time. They're so pretty, and look so soft, I know in time you'll be able to pet them.

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM
hello again!

cool they're litter trained. is everything better now? they deserve a good life from you!

let us know please :)

sasvermont
06-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome back.

I have two bunnies. I have found that they will eat from your hand if you have their favorite treat. I think that may break the ice a bit. It has with mine!

little_critter
07-10-2005, 08:59 AM
hello,
they r great bunnies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
find out wich is their fav food and go quetly upto their hutch with the peace offering and just sit there with the food on your hand untill they come!!!!!!! may take up2 half n hour , but its worth a try!!
keep persisting!!
love from beki (little critter)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

mandy2323
08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
their cute..........how old are they

Flatcoatluver
09-30-2005, 05:49 PM
aww their beutiful!!