PDA

View Full Version : Neck Nooses

Muddy4paws
05-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Im wondering, are the neck nooses different here and there because the ones we have let the dog move around freely and let them sit down and lay down with comfort its never tight around the neck it just sits there as a collar, its not connected to the top of the table we have like a chain coming down from the top table so the dog can be strapped to that comfortably so im not sure if other groomers have different ones?

Giselle
05-11-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure if I know which ones you're talking about, but the ones in the US are usually these:
http://www.gadgetslab.com/pet/grooming-table001.jpg
The noose is usually placed loosely on the dog's neck, but some people place the noose snugly on the dog's neck, right behind the ears. There are also different types of nooses and different materials they're made of. Many people choose to use a thicker material for puppies. I'm not sure how other people use theirs, but I know my breeder doesn't leave the noose tight around her dogs' necks. It's always loose enough to allow the dog to sit, stand, and lie down. Plus, Pekes are a loose lead breed, so I don't see the point of a tight noose.