PDA

View Full Version : addide on grooming article

Summer Magic
05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi Everyone
The article about grooming has spurred me to mention a few things I have discovered when I groom my own dog. I did buy a grooming table for convenience (and my aching back) it came with a slip noose attachment. I have never used this attachment because I don't require Magic to stand the whole time she is being groomed. She is allowed to sit when I work on her head, chest and front legs. Then she is allowed to lie on her side while I do her body. I have a towel under her so she doesn't get the rubber mat wet. Then when she is turned over I change the towel so the dry hair won't come in contact with any moisture. She lies quietly and lets me brush and blow her dry. This way she doesn't get tired of standing and I don't have to correct her when she doesn't do what I want her to do. It's not that hard to learn to groom your own dog. Yes I've made a lot of mistakes but her hair has never failed to grow back so I can try it again. Give it a try it's quite an experience for us both. Lots of interaction and hands on for her and a great deal of satisfaction for me to see a pretty, clean and happy puppy.

Judy and Magic

Muddy4paws
05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
u do a fantastic job on your dog :D

Vette
05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I enjoy grooming my own dog as well.. and its cheaper then the groomers. ;)