PDA

View Full Version : diabetes update

davidpizzica
05-10-2005, 04:36 PM
So far my diabetes is keeping in check. The last time I checked myself the number was 147, which is pretty good. I was at the podiatrist office today and had my feet checked for the effects of diabetes, and I got a clean bill of health! ALRIGHT!

carole
05-10-2005, 04:38 PM
WAY TO GO BRO, I am really happy that everything is going well, and that you are looking after yourself, it takes a serious commitment to your health and well being and it is not always that easy, obviously you are taking good care of yourself mate, great work , keep at it....:)

kimlovescats
05-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Great job, David! Wish I could say I have been good, but I have fallen off the wagon again. Actually I'm not sure I was ever on it to begin with!:rolleyes:

Kim;)

davidpizzica
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by carole
WAY TO GO BRO, I am really happy that everything is going well, and that you are looking after yourself, it takes a serious commitment to your health and well being and it is not always that easy, obviously you are taking good care of yourself mate, great work , keep at it....:) Sis, it's no fun having diabetes, but I have to keep on top of it, if I don't, it could be serious for me!

Killearn Kitties
05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Great news, David! You are doing extremely well. :)

Ginger's Mom
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. Keep on top of it. I know a couple of people who have diabetes and they just don't watch themselves as closely as they should. Sounds like you have the right attitude though. :)

catmandu
05-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Watch,for any sores David,as I didnt,and I had,to spend three weeks,in the Hospital.I ma gald,taht you are taking,that good attitude,towards Diabetes,and dont try,as I did,to ignore that you have an illness,that is a fairly high maintenance factor.Good Luck,from all,of us!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos850.jpg

moosmom
05-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm glad to hear everything is well with you, David. Sorry I didn't call you Sunday night, but I didn't get the message till this morning!!

I'll call you tonight when I get out of work.

lv4dogs
05-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Thats great! I hope you continue to improve and hopefully we'll find a cure for it soon!

Oggyflute
05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
That's great David. Diabetes is a managable disease. My brother has it, who strangely enough is called David.:) I don't think he manages it as well as you do though., but he is getting better now that he has a new girlfriend on his case.

Corinna
05-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Way to go David ! A little high but I wish I could get there. Due to the stress the last month I am having to start all over on my diet and get back to my comfort area. Don't for get the eyes too, just as important!!