PDA

View Full Version : Filou uppydate?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Barbara, we're all dying to hear how Filou and Tigris took being without you and Siegmar for so long, and more importantly, how is Filou doing?

Randi
05-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, I agree, we must hear that story soon! ;) He looks quite healthy and content in your suitcase - probably until he found out he wasn't coming along.

Killearn Kitties
05-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Yes, has sweet Filou been for his third injection yet?
Alec phone from Bucharest tonight to asked me, and I couldn't tell him!

catmandu
05-10-2005, 07:32 PM
The Found Cats are also curious,about Filou,and even Orange Blossom Angel,on duty,with Tuna,needs to know!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1180.jpg

NoahsMommy
05-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Me too, me too!! How is everyone??

Can we have new pictures too??? ;)

Barbara
05-11-2005, 02:47 AM
I have some pictures on my computer home but yesterday evening it broke down and after re-starting the mouse didn't work. So if it works again tonight, I can post some but if not then not:(

But the news:

Tigris and Filou have been velcro kitties when we came back. My sister was still there and she reported that Tigris had been sleeping in her bed and Filou gave headbumpies but when we were there we were the one and only:D

Filou hadn't coped too well with his diet. He ate a little of it but then it had to be mixed with normal food. I am so sorry for him but he will have to go through it. :(

But there are also some good news. Monday first thing he had an appointment with the vet again. And again he had hidden before we even decided we have to find him now!!!!!!! It was even before I thought of it (but Siegmar had thought of it and he must have read HIS mind!). Ok, I had to go for work so Siegmar finally found him, got him and took him in for another steroid shot and another blood test.

The blood work has improved a little. The vet wants to give him at least one more shot next week and hopes to keep the urea in his blood down. There is hope that with the diet it will stay down.

After he were home, Filou forgave his daddy quickly. He even slept half an hour on his chest which is a big exception for our elusive boy who never sits on your lap:) Actually he has never done that in the last 8 years!

Killearn Kitties
05-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Sleeping on his daddy's chest? :eek: Very impressive!

That's encouraging about his blood work, Barbara. I hope precious Filou gets used to his new food soon.

rkidsrcats
05-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Good luck with the Filou's treatment - we are sending good thoughts and whisker kisses to make sure he feels better!

The Tribe

Logan
05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
So glad he is doing better, Barbara! :) Filou, you are softening up as you get older!!! Good for you!!!

Randi
05-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm glad to hear Filou's bloodwork has improved. :) He has got to stick to his diet food - is it Hills C/D? Fister likes it. :)

Siegmar must be proud that Filou came up and lay on his chest. :D Perhaps he finally realizes who is the boss. LOL. First, I thought you'd gotten the names mixed up, as I know Tigris is more of a lap kitty. ;)

Hope the Filou boy keeps improving!

jazzcat
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm glad to hear his bloodwork has improved too.

Aren't velcro kitties wonderful?! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, glad to hear his bloodwork has improved, but naw-tee Filou, you have to eat that food even if it isn't as good as you would like.

I love how they're always velcro kitties after we get back from a vacation and it seems Filou realized just how much he really missed his daddy - awwww.....:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Filou's bloodwork has improved and that he's becoming a lap kitty too. I hope this continues.:)

Vio&Juni
05-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I am so glad his results are better. It's so hard to deal with their illnesses, especially when it doesn't show, but you know that it's there - quiet and waiting. So, when the results are good, you can take the huge stone off your shoulders.

Filou is getting softer :) he-he. I bet Siegmar was super happy :)

rg_girlca
05-11-2005, 04:34 PM
So glad to hear that Filou is improving and pray that he continues to do so.

K & L
05-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear there's some improvement! Keep up the good work Filou!

furrykidsmother
05-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Glad that Filou is improving! Be a good boy and eat your special food, it will help you!

RICHARD
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
poor filou...

Glad to hear he is better.....

Some bad food is better than no food...

Eat up, guy.. feel better!!!!:)