PDA

View Full Version : I was cracking up!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Terry and I are headed to Mobile, AL this weekend and next week for a motorhome rally. Since it has just started getting warm around here, we are whiter than white (no tan whatsoever). He hates wearing shorts with his white chicken legs and in the past we have used that fake tan in the bottle stuff to get at least a little color on our legs.

Well......this time we decided to try the spray on tans that are relatively new. You stand in what is basically a shower size stall, hold your breath and push the button. The stuff comes blasting out at you for like 15 seconds or so, then shuts off and you’ve got 10 seconds to turn around and then it blasts at you again for a few seconds. They recommend that you go in naked because the solution could stain clothes, but Terry insisted on going in with his bathing suit so he’d get tan lines (Terry can’t stand change and having no tan lines would just be too much of a change for him).

The spray works just like the stuff in the bottle where you really can’t tell it’s on at first, but over time it becomes darker and darker so this morning we had to compare tans. Everything looked pretty good until he turned to walk away from me…..and I totally cracked up! His butt looked exactly like the little Coppertone girl’s butt – pure white with distinct tan lines at his waist and a few inches above his knees! It was hilarious!

It was just too funny. Wish I could show a picture, but I don’t think he’d appreciate that…not to mention Karen and Paul. Just picture Terry in place of the little Coppertone girl. :D :D

Vermontcat
05-10-2005, 02:33 PM
LOL!:D Does Terry know that you just posted this on a message board for all to see?:eek:

And you, going to Alabama when U2 is in Chicago all this week!
Shame on you!
I'm going to see them in Boston in 2 weeks but the least you could do is stay in town and tell me if you run into them near the United Center!:p

jenluckenbach
05-10-2005, 02:34 PM
ROTFLOL

catnapper
05-10-2005, 02:41 PM
ROTFL! I have the distinct picture in my head... was CJ playing the part of the dog tugging at his shorts to reveal that tanline? ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-10-2005, 02:56 PM
You're so wicked! :D

Barbara
05-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Sometimes this website needs a "for husband off limits" stamp:D

Edwina's Secretary
05-10-2005, 03:19 PM
So what did he do with the bathing suit he wore?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
LOL!:D Does Terry know that you just posted this on a message board for all to see?:eek:

And you, going to Alabama when U2 is in Chicago all this week!
Shame on you!
I'm going to see them in Boston in 2 weeks but the least you could do is stay in town and tell me if you run into them near the United Center!:p

No he doesn't know, and no I'm not going to tell him! :D

As for U2, I didn't even know they were in town. :o I guess I went to too many concerts when I was younger because I really have no desire to go anymore. Too much money, too many idiot people, too loud....guess I'm just too old. :o ;)

Sara, the suit is sitting on top of the washer. I haven't looked at it to see if it turned color or not. Fortunately he used a really old suit that I wouldn't mind having to throw away. ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-10-2005, 03:54 PM
really old suit that I wouldn't mind having to throw away

Better save it for next time......:rolleyes: ;) :p

Randi
05-10-2005, 04:39 PM
I can picture him! :D :D

I got a few "Self tan toweletes" in a shop recently, have never seen those before. I didn't try them yet, but will - when I've used an exfoliator. ;) In fact, Fisters tongue would do it. Hope I don't go too dark! :eek:

anna_66
05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh that's so funny Debbie!

So I take it you both liked it? I was thinking about doing it but am afriad to turn orange:o

PJ's Mom
05-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I had it done when it first came out back in '99 or 2000. The first time I went it looked great, but I went back the next day to get darker. That was a mistake. It came off on my clothes, towels and sheets. :eek:

Just have it done once and it looks fine. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Just have it done once and it looks fine. :)

I agree, it really turns you darker than the stuff you put on yourself. They give you instructions and this "cream blocker" stuff - use it! You have to put it on your fingernails or she said it will look like you were scratching chocolate - only you won't be able to get it off!

I did like it, although it is a little splotchy, but that's probably because it was my first time and I didn't know how to wipe down properly. I got way too much of the cream blocker stuff on the top of my hands so I've got severe tan lines on my hand. Looks really silly actually. :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

We are scheduled to go back tomorrow night for a second application, but that's only because it's only supposed to last about a week and we're first leaving on Friday. Seeing as how dark I am, I'm a little skeptical about going back, but I'm thinking maybe it will even out what I've got a little. We also thought we could even it out with the stuff you put on yourself. You have much more control over exactly where it goes that way.

Overall yes, I did like it and yes, I would get it again. Just be careful with the cream blocker, but be sure to use it where they tell you too or you will be orange in spots. ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Sara, that's what we're going to do. The good news is the suit won't be seen in public anymore and this clinches that deal! ;)

Lacey
05-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh my! I'm laughing my butt off at that mental image!

And going down to AL, huh? If you need to make a pitstop around about Dayton, TN, the Strawberry Festival is going on this week! It'd be a fun stop to make! ;)

Oggyflute
05-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I think I would rather be pale.:D

joycenalex
05-10-2005, 08:34 PM
what a moon shot!:eek: :eek: