PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bulls removed from homes???

LorraineO
05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I am hearing about dogs being removed forcibly from ppls homes due to a ban in Denver..... and those owners willing handed over thier babies without a fight??? Gawd,,, if I were a pitbull owner in Denver,, there would have been a stand off or I would have left the state for my fur kids,,,,

Breed banning is SOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caseysmom
05-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Where did you hear that? I can't imagine that, sounds awful.

LorraineO
05-10-2005, 11:31 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3720468,00.html
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3735145,00.html

also a friend of mine lives in the area andshe saw them taking dogs from ppls homes last night on the news,,,, it was AWFUL!!!!!

Jadapit
05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Where did you hear that? I can't imagine that, sounds awful.

Lorraine heard it from me. I live in Colorado and it's been all over the news the last few days. They did ban the pit bull and pit bull mixes in Denver.:mad: Animal control has a list of people that own pit bulls if the people didnt turn their dogs in, animal control is going to go get them. If you dont turn your dogs over to a shelter then you will be fined and possibly get jail time.

They are going to try and adopt the dogs out that have been turned in. The whole thing has me upset beyond words. I was watching the news last night and crying my eyes out. Can you imagine how confused the dogs are being takne from their owners? A lot of the owners were crying. It's heartbreaking. I really hate it that I'm from Colorado at this point and time!!!!:mad:

elizabethann
05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
That is awful!!! They'd have to shoot me to get at my pets. Those poor people. I feel so bad for them. Their dogs must be so frightened! They don't understand what's going on!

caseysmom
05-10-2005, 11:37 AM
good lord that is horrible.

Jadapit
05-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I forgot to add that there is NO way I would let them take Jada if I lived in Denver. I would move out of Denver county!

Pit Chick
05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
They would have to call in a SWAT team to get to my dogs cause they would have an AK47 aimed at their heads before they could step foot inside my house.

caseysmom
05-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I would just say I no longer have a dog, the dog died.

LorraineO
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
They would have to call in a SWAT team to get to my dogs cause they would have an AK47 aimed at their heads before they could step foot inside my house.

AMEN SISTAH!!!! Me too!!!!!

LKPike
05-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I hope all those people hire the best lawyers in that city and sue the living f___ out of the ones who proposed and approved the ban.

dukedogsmom
05-10-2005, 01:12 PM
What in the world is going on? I would have to go to jail, too. This whole dog breed situation is getting way out of control. Where is it going to end? What gives them the right to decide to take away a family member like that?

CathyBogart
05-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm aghast...I would move in a heartbeat rather than give up any of my babies, and I did have to face that possibility a few years ago when some people were trying to ban many types of snakes in CA, including Hognose snakes because they are mildly venomous. :mad:

Suki Wingy
05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
This is 100% unfair and awful! :mad: :( I would move the second I ban was put into place if I had a pittie in that state. I am really scared, because first this state, then that state, then the entire US, then the continent, then the WORLD!! (Luckily, our governor has opposed all BSL so far and has made every dog suspected "dangerous" and ever dog that passes through the shelters get microchipped.

Originally posted by WolfChan
when some people were trying to ban many types of snakes in CA, including Hognose snakes because they are mildly venomous. :mad:
yeah....When my dad was dangling a mouse in front of his and not paying attention *stupid*, his accedentally bit him along with the mouse. He posted pictures on his site, herpnet.net, and people sent him hate email saying he had no right to keep her. :mad: Then he sent back emails saying that it was all his fault, it wasn't that bad, and that ever since I was 8 he had let me hold her, she was my favorite snake of his. Well, you can guess what happened next!:mad:

jackie
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
what a horrible situation.

Kfamr
05-10-2005, 06:24 PM
This world is crap. :mad: :(

KYS
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I do not understand how Denver could
pass a law like that!
How can they make you turn in your family pet?
I would think they could have a law that pit bulls
must be muzzled if out in public but for the law
to litterly take your pet from you with-out just
cause just because it is a certain breed. :mad:

I guess the only way around this law would be
to register your pitbull as a lab mix or something.

joycenalex
05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
darn shame there is no law requiring the removal of bad owners from their homes:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: would there be room at the pound?

IRescue452
05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
They'd have to shoot me to get my dog!

Pit Chick
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
EVERYONE please sign this petition and pass it on.

http://www.petitiononline.com/savecyan/petition.html

luvofallhorses
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
This ticks me off :mad: I am with you, Val. I'd have to go to jail, too there is NO reason for this, our dogs are family and that's that. How can people cause such heartache :mad: :(
My heart goes out to those that had to give up their pit bulls. This just isn't fair. I cried when I saw it on another message board. It just makes me hurt.

I tried to discuss this with my mom about pit bulls and we got in a huge argument. I guess she has never seen one to know to love them. The shelter I volunteered at had a pit bull, his name was Melvin and brindle coloured. He was the sweetest guy, they say he was mixed with great dane. He is the only pit bull I've met and I don't know I am just partial to pit bulls. I would be honored to meet any other pit bulls! :) This just sickens me and makes me so sad :(

Pit Chick, I am signing the petition now.

# 5295

Jadapit
05-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much for posting that pit chick!!! I'm signing. I only live a couple of hundered miles from Denver. I still cant believe they did that. It makes me real ashamed to be from Colorado right now.

luvofallhorses
05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
It makes me real ashamed to be from Colorado right now.

I don't blame you, Donna.

K9soul
05-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I signed, #5308

:(

PJ's Mom
05-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I signed too.

I can't imagine how these poor people must feel...having someone come into their homes and remove a member of their family. :(

finn's mom
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM

K9soul
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
The petition mentioned that 13 states prohibit breed discrimination laws. Does anyone know which states those are? I'm curious.

EDIT: I found this... but it doesn't make much sense since Denver passed this law?

Texas, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma and Virginia all have a provision prohibiting municipalities from passing Breed Specific Legislation

Found that phrase on this page: http://www.uskbtc.com/article.php/263

And here: http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/Locations/USLocations.htm

This is confusing.

Suki Wingy
05-12-2005, 04:03 PM
at least my state has laws prohibiting BSL!

Glacier
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Denver got around the state legislation as for some reason they are classed as a self-governing city.

So sad.

K9soul
05-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification Glacier. It is indeed so very sad.

Suki Wingy
05-12-2005, 09:40 PM
signed, #5678

Jods
05-13-2005, 12:46 PM
# 5869......

kep em' coming!!!!!

Poor pitties...:(

LKPike
05-13-2005, 02:09 PM
we're #5901