PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!!

Jods
05-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Wish me luck I have my first pre-natal exam today at 2:10 and I'm pretty nervous. I hate needles and the doctor poking about at me ahhhhhh :( and I hve to have a pap :( never had one before does it hurt??

Samantha Puppy
05-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Good luck! My appointment isn't 'til May 23rd but I'm so scared of the impending needles, I called the receptionist yesterday to ask what I could expect at the first visit. She said no bloodwork is done in their office, you have to go to a lab, so maybe you won't have to have a needle today.

I'm totally with you on the needle thing - I have a MAJOR phobia of them. When someone comes towards me with one, I start shaking. I start crying. My ears start ringing. I get nauseous (or actually get sick) and the last one I had, I passed out cold. I can't even watch people get fake ones on ER. Sooo the next 7 months should be pretty interesting for me, to say the least.

Let us know how it goes! Or me, anyway. We're in this together!

furrykidsmother
05-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Good luck at your prenatal exam. Needles aren't a favorite of anyone's I don't think, I can't bear to look. Just try to think good thoughts while it is being done and it won't be so bad. The same with the Pap, it only takes a few minutes and it doesn't really hurt, just a little discomfort for a few seconds.

luvofallhorses
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Good luck :)

PJ's Mom
05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
The first appt. is a piece of cake and will help to answer some of the questions you may have. Just try to relax and you'll be fine.

Good luck. :)

Jods
05-10-2005, 06:37 PM
All went well they did a urine sample, checked my height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate. They did a pap :o asked a zillion questions. I have to get blood tests done tomorrow at a lab and they will send the results back to my doctor.:( Thanks for the support everyone.

Kfamr
05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
I hope your pregnancy runs smoothly. I got shivers reading that first post. :p