PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed About this news article.

Pygmybabe
05-10-2005, 06:36 AM
I am sooooo embarassed that I go to this school!I go to Parkview Jr. High in Orfordville, Wisconsin!

Stateline Teacher Arrested for the Alleged Sexual Assault of Two Students
Stateline Teacher Arrested for the Alleged Sexual Assault of Two Students
Rebecca Burlette

A stateline community is shocked after a teacher is arrested for the alleged sexual assault of two students, and others continue to come forward.

The alleged incidents happened at Parkview High School in Orfordville, Wisconsin.
On Friday the Rock County Sheriff’s Department arrested 43-year-old Gary Hoff of Janesville for second degree sexual assault of a child and sexual assault of a student by a school instructional staff member.

Police began investigating Hoff after a 26-year-old former student came forward claiming he'd been assaulted back in the fall of 1993 when he was 15 years old. Police now believe he isn't the only victim.

“Talked to 15 other current or past students and many incidents are inappropriate for a teacher student relationship.” said Lt. Bill Harper of the Rock County Sheriff’s Department.

Hoff’s second charge is for a separate victim who came forward with a very similar story. The boy was just 16 when the alleged assault occurred.

“You have to prove that it was done for the purpose of sexual gratification. That can be difficult to prove” said Harper.

All of the incidents took place in private and there were no witnesses. Police say it’s a case of students trusting an authority figure.

“We’ve got a teacher who’s very friendly, very caring, and asks things like, ‘your shirt’s off, can I take a picture?’ ‘Put on sunscreen?’" said Hoff.

In a statement released Friday, the Parkview School District says Hoff has been relieved of duty pending the outcome of the investigation, and has been directed not to have any contact with Parkview students during that time.

Hoff was booked and released from the Rock County Jail. He's scheduled to make a court appearance on June 13.

Jods
05-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear this news. You shouldn't be embarrased though he should. Good luck with the case I hope the kids at your school give him the justice he deserves.

Oggyflute
05-10-2005, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't be embarrassed so much as angry. People who have positions of trust with children, carry a very heavy reponsibility. To take advantage of that is the lowest act. An investigation must be carefully and thoroughly done, with the outcome determing his fate.

Pygmybabe
05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
He was a great choir teacher and It just makes me uncomfortable knowing that I go to a school that has a teacher that did something that horrible!