PDA

View Full Version : New additions

slleipnir
01-26-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm getting a frog, and a few fish on Tuesday after my exams :] Just a little frog, but it was cute. Don't ask why I think they are, but they are. Later on, i'm getting a bigger tank with heating, and getting some tropical or salt water fish :] They're really pretty.

Sry, I know this has nothing with dogs but i'm so used to posting here :rolleyes:

Gepansy
01-26-2002, 09:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean!!!;)

slleipnir
01-27-2002, 07:31 AM
It feels like Tues will never come...Probably cause of that, and i'm DYING to not study and morrreeeee! One tom, then my last one the day after >:] So close, yet so far..

tatsxxx11
01-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Hang in there!! The end IS in sight!!;) And congrats on the soon to be new additions! I know you'll be posting pics, right??:)

Logan
01-27-2002, 07:34 PM
A frog? How fun!! We were at the Pet Store today, and I looked at all the fish, reptiles, turtles, etc. I don't think I saw any frogs though. I know they have them at the Feed store where I buy my cat and dog food. What kind of fish are you getting?

Audrey, can you keep a secret? :) A little male Cockatiel is coming to live here tomorrow. Helen doesn't know it yet, but she met him today. He is yellow and just adorable....I am a sucker, you guys...just put an animal in front of me and I want them permanently.

We'll share pictures when we get some and the new baby has a name. :D

thelmalu99
01-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Frogs are cool! I had one when I was a little girl. :) Please post pics soon!

Logan, you're getting a Cockatiel?!?! That's wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures! They're sooo beautiful! Congrats!:)

slleipnir
01-28-2002, 10:30 AM
Logan, thats great!! Can't wait to see the pics!! Do you have any idea for a name for it?? Your like me then, see an animal and want it. I saw this pretty little cat the other day, I -would- have bought it only the only place for it is at my moms..and she doesn't want another one..well, she said she would, but she alergic ;[

Yeah, I duno why I want a frog, but they were all cute swimming in there tanks ;] They look like of like the frogs I used to have, I got tadpoll eggs from the pond, and took them and put them in my tank. I wanted them hatch and slowly turn to frogs. It was really cool. They didn't use my little thing for them to sit on out of the water and started to die :[ So I took them back to the pond. Now that I see the things you can BUY that actually work, it will be good. Not sure what kind of fish, probably a goldfish or something like it, if it can live with the frog. I know betta's can, there pretty fish, but the don't do much...

slleipnir
01-29-2002, 11:58 AM
I just got home with the frog and 3 Zebra Dani's (i think thats what their called) Cute!

Logan
01-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Audrey, what fun!!! Can't wait to see that frog!!! I get excited, no matter what we're bringing home.

Roger, the Cockatiel, is adorable!! He was screaming a few minutes ago :eek: and I walked around the corner and two Golden Retrievers were on the floor staring up at him and Butter was beside the cage. Roger thank goodness, let me know that I had better come save him! Butter sneaked past me while I was on the phone. Live and learn. Everyone is curious right now, except Mimi. And now, poor Roger, is sleeping peacefully. They're so cute when they're asleep...little head tucked under the wing.

I think I'm in love!! :)

slleipnir
01-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Logan, he sounds adorable!! What does Helen think??

Does anyone know how to take pictures of shiny things?? LOL I was trying to take a picture of the frog, and fish, but it's all blurry and shinny..I turned the flash off, and tried different settings..mm..I think the frog is stressed..he's been under this "tree" thing for an hr now..wait..he just moved..kinda..

I know what you mean by excited over anything you take home. LOL I was over the fish and frog, and thats not very big compaired to other things :]

Hope Roger is getting along well ;)

Logan
01-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh, Audrey, he is so funny! And Helen loves him dearly, already. She has had him out, most of the afternoon, standing on her shoulder while she does her homework. But when we put him up, he raised cain!! I wonder if that is natural. He is yelling right now. I put some music on and he has settled down a little bit.

Isn't it funny how they steal our hearts??

I don't have a clue about the shiny frog and fish, and their photograph. Maybe one of our smart photographers can help you.

Logan

slleipnir
01-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Aww yeah, he sounds like a really pal to be around ;] Get those pics posted soon :o

Its not the frog or fish, its the reflection of the water I think..mm..I'll fiddle :D

slleipnir
01-29-2002, 08:51 PM
hmm

aly
01-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Logan - Congrats on your new baby! Boy, Helen sure is lucky to have a mom like you. I had to pout for weeks and carry on and on and on and on to my mother every time I wanted a pet! I love my mother but she sure is a hard one sometimes!

slleipnir
01-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Ah..this frog cracks me up! He swims with his legs all sprawled out and wiggles them around when he swims. He goes to the top to get air, then lifts his hind legs and sinks down a little, swims forward, then spreads alll his legs and sinks to the bottoms..

ramanth
01-30-2002, 03:54 PM
My sister is a frog nut and collects everything frogs. Around Christmas I tried to find those self cleaning containers that would have frogs or fish in them and couldn't find any frogs. :( Still looking.

Congrats on your new acquisitions! :D