PDA

View Full Version : serious situation for NZ.....

carole
05-10-2005, 04:36 AM
This is very scarey, we have had a foot and mouth scare on Waiheke Island, which is a small tourist island just about half an hour away from our major city Auckland.

So far it is being treated as a hoax, please pray folks that it is just that, a letter has been sent stating that the virus has been released there and will be in another part of NZ, if so much money is not paid and something to do with our tax system, I have not got all the details yet.

If this is true, our economy would be ruined, we could loose Ten billion dollars, NZ would be in a very sad state of affairs, this really frightens me, to think someone would even consider doing such a thing, even the talk is enough to do our country damage.

This is such a serious matter, and I can only hope they are correct and it is just a hoax.:eek:

Vette
05-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Oh my god. :eek:

i hope its just a prank too!!!

Oggyflute
05-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Hasn't hit the news here yet Carole, though it might be on the late news. My thought would be that it's a pretty hard virus to duplicate, and more than likely a hoax. A worrying situation none the less. It could have serious implications for the market hoax or not.:(

Killearn Kitties
05-10-2005, 07:53 AM
I very much hope it isn't accurate, Carole. Having experienced the disease here a few years back, I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

catnapper
05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
:( How scary. Please keep us updated.

I will pray that its only a hoax.

ramanth
05-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Yikes! Hope it's just a hoax.

smokey the elder
05-10-2005, 09:42 AM
That's awful! I hope they catch the perp, whether it's a hoax or not. That's economic terrorism.:mad:

carole
05-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Nothing new to report so far, still being treated as a Hoax, hopefully they are correct, Yes Trev even a hoax poses a threat to the economy, but nothing in comparison to if it is real.

Apparently the virus would have to taken from Asia in a vial, they think it is highly unlikely.

The NZ dollar even dropped a little because of this, nothing too major though.

Yes Killearn Kitties I remember the outbreak in Britain, it was devastating, would be even worse here because whereas with Britain it is like 1 per cent of the economy, here it is 7 percent, if that makes sense to anyone,it is a terrible thing for any country, whoever the sicko is that sent this letter to our PM, they are committing a very serious offence and I hope they catch the culprits, it is like holding our country to Ransom.It is a form of Bio Terrorism as well.

davidpizzica
05-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh, Carole! I hope and pray for your sake and New Zealand's sake that this is a hoax. I pray that the authorities can catch whoever is doing this awful thing. I just wish I had long enough arms to give you and your family {{{{HUGS}}}}!

carole
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks Bro, we are treading on eggshells here awaiting any news, hopefully it will all be good, just keep those PT positive thoughts and prayers going, I am sure it will be ok, fingers and paws crossed.

KYS
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Fingers and toes crossed and sending postive thoughts your way that this is a hoax.

luvofallhorses
05-10-2005, 09:04 PM
:eek: I hope it's a hoax.

kimlovescats
05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh Carole, my stomach just knotted up thinking about your situation. Praying it's just a terrible hoax!!!:( :mad:

Hugs,
Kim

carole
05-11-2005, 03:15 PM
It is still being treated as a Hoax, deadline for payment is Friday, of course none will be made, so we shall see what happens, already countries are deciding whether to accept imports from NZ just based on this Hoax, so this is indeed very serious for us.

There are hints it could even be a university capping prank, geez if it is, I hope they get them and teach them a valuable lesson.

I am a little concerned that people are still being allowed to come and go from Waiheke Island , even pets like dogs, I cannot believe they are allowing this, they should all be in isolation, does not seem they are taking it seriously enough IMO.

davidpizzica
05-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Carole, it DOES seem odd that they are letting people and pets off the island. I"m starting to think it's a hoax ( I hope I'm right.)

carole
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I know David, but surely they should treat it as the real thing , just in case, it puzzles me, they don't really know for sure,let us just keep hoping that it is a Hoax, even that has done us some damage, but minimal in comparison to what could happen if it is not a Hoax.:(

davidpizzica
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Carole, whatever the situation is there, I'm offering a lot of Pittsburgh prayers for you and your great country, New Zealand!

carole
05-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks Bro I think we need every bit of help we can get, it is much appreciated.:)

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
:mad: if it is indeed a hoax, as I don't see the point of panicing so many people! I hope whoever is doing this is caught and punished!!

Prayers on the way for all of NZ, I hope it is just a hoax though and not for real...