PDA

View Full Version : My doggies legs hurts!

sweetie92998
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
My doggie Maddie (1) is a bassethound/Lab mix. She keeps hurting her leg for like a second and then shes fine. I am afraid she is going to need surgrey and right now in our lives my fiance and I do not have a lot of money (I go to school full time, he goes part time and he works full time) I just feel like its not fair to Maddie if she needs surgery and we cant afford it right now! She JUST went to the vet last week for a check up and he said (before all this happened) that her knee socket pops in and out and shes GOING to need surgrey in the future so that she doesnt get arthrists! I would do ANYTHING for my maddie, and in about a year we will be able to afford it, but right now we cant and I am so sad because I think she needs it now!!! :confused: I dont want her to be in pain!

LKPike
05-09-2005, 09:00 AM
you could try contacting a holistic ((natural medicine)) vet to help with the pain?? Maybe it could buy you guys some time. But theres also some very nice vets around this country who will do free work, or for a low cost to those in special need. All ya have to do is ask :)

PJ's Mom
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
My mom's dog (my god dog) has the same problem with her back legs. Surgery is inevitable and very expensive but as long as you can keep the pain under control and as long as her little knee caps go back into place, you can put it off for a little while. Ask your vet about a payment plan. Sometimes they're willing to work with you, especially if you've been a client for awhile.

Good luck to you and little Maddie. It sounds like she's got a great mommy to help her through this. :)