PDA

View Full Version : a MIL rant

CalliesMom
05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I was talking to my SIL last night and she was telling me about my MIL's dog. She was saying she chased this dog around the house :mad: and when she finally caught it, it urinated on itself. "I thought it was hilarious," she said (she's 21..not a child). :mad: :(

Then she proceeds to tell me, my MIL got ANOTHER KITTEN. I doubt any of you remember my rant from a few months back, but this is the 8th cat they've gotten in three years and guess where all the others ended up? THE HUMANE SOCIETY because my hubby's youngest sister is supposed to be deathly allergic.

She had 5 cats, found out his sister was allergic, got rid of them and then got two more kittens...got rid of them. I've noticed she keeps cats and dogs around until they are no longer kittens and puppies. They had had a lab for a few months and took it to the pound as well. None of these animals ever made it to their first birthdays...guess once you aren't so cute, it's time to go. :mad: :mad:

I'm so pissed. My MIL will be in town tomorrow for hubby's graduation and think I'm going to have a chat with her. I JUST DON'T GET SOME PEOPLE.

King Spartacus
05-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Oh My God.... I'm ever so sorry to say things about your close family... but that is just nasty!!! What horrible people! Obviously they do not understand that animals have feelings too, the only thing they care for is their own amusement. People like that should be banned from having animals.

I shall wish you well and good luck with your "talk"... I can understand how hard it must be to bring this up... and ackward, but you go girl!!! Best wishes!!!

catmandu
05-09-2005, 08:16 AM
That is horrible,as these Creeps,want the fun,of a Kitten,or a Puppy,but not the responsibility,of A Dog,or a Cat.When will some people,grow up.Never,it seems,in this case.Bah,A Pox,on thier Houses.Cretins!Fools,Adult Children!!!! BAHHH!Animals,are NOT TOYS!!!!

CalliesMom
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I know. It just makes me sick thinking about it because if we're honest, most people will adopt kittens instead of older cats. They keep the cat while it's still "cute" and then decrease its chances of being adopted by turning it over once it's reached adulthood. I've spoken with my husband NUMEROUS times about this and he's asked his mom about why she keeps getting rid of her animals. "The babies allergic." "The dog barks too much." "The cats peed on the floor." There is always something.

The last two cats they were thinking about letting go in the desert instead of taking them to the shelter because they had claws and could find food. I threw a fit and told my husband he better to his mother no, but H*** NO!

:(

MULTICATMOM
05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I KNOW SOME PEOPLE LOVE BABIES BUT ARE DONE WHEN THE CUTE WEARS OFF!! THAT'S THE VERY REASON I ADOPTED & FOSTER 'OLDER' CATS!! BY THAT I MEAN THEY'RE ONLY A YEAR OR SO... I LOVE KITTENS & PUPPIES THOUGH I FIGURE THEY'RE EASILY ADOPTABLE:rolleyes: I JUST WAIT ABOUT 6-9 MONTHS:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(