PDA

View Full Version : Well... Just great!!! :\

Kirsten
05-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Yesterday, I bought three new rugs for the hall (as my old ones look really washed out thanks to a certain kitty girl *coughcough*), and it lasted little more than 24 hours before my beloved Luna used the first one for her peeing business. :rolleyes:

At least I was able to pick some urine up since the new rugs were still kind of waterproofed, and I will bring the sample to the vet tomorrow.

My guess: e.coli and - most likely - struvite crystals again. Poor Luna!!! :(

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh Luna.... :(:(

Kirsten
05-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Oh Luna.... :(:(

Yep, this is exactly what I thought when I saw the mess!

Kirsten

$dog$
05-08-2005, 04:22 PM
only @>- one day and its peed on wow :eek: :eek: :eek:

catnapper
05-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I am sorry she's feeling badly again. Is there anythign they can do to keep these from returning?

momcat
05-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Sooooo sorry to hear that BEAUTIFUL Luna doesn't feel well. Get better soon, sweetie! please ask your loving human companion to let your Pet Talk admirers know what your vet says? Just remember, the vet is your friend. Feel better very soon........

Killearn Kitties
05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh no. :( Poor Luna. Poor you!
Best wishes to Luna. It would be nice if they could get to the bottom of this for you.

kimlovescats
05-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Yikes, I'm sorry Kirsten! Hope Luna gets feeling better soon. :(

catmandu
05-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Poor Luna.Here she is breaking,the New Carpet,in,and she,is in trouble.We hope,that Luna,is feeling better,and that it was an accident.After all,as we tell our Dad,accidents will happen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture002.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Oh poor Luna, not again sweety. :(

Kirsten, please let us know what they find and if poor little Luna needs to be on antibiotics again. :(

Kirsten
05-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone!

Well, as expected, Luna has UTI again; there were leucos in her urine. Good news are - there are no crystals this time!!

We just came back from the vet, were Luna got an injection. For the next 10 days, she'll be on antibiotics (Marbocyl, twice a day). She was a very good girl at the vets; scared of course, but she did not cry, not even when she got her shot.

Lily, who joined her due to a lesion in her ear, cried all the time.

Now both of them are happy to be back home! :)

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I feel so bad that Luna get these UTI so often. :( It is sad for her. But it is good that it is not also the crystals. Get well soon, sweetie.

rg_girlca
05-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Poor Luna and your new rug.

Take your medicine like a good girl Luna and get well soon.I know you couldn't help it sweetie, but please try not to pee on meowmies new rugs anymore.

catmandu
05-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Please dont pee,on the Rug,Luna.Our Dad,is pretty tolerant,but one thing,that he insistson,is that we do not pee,on things,especially,the Rugs,The Bed,and the Feeder.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture121.jpg

momcat
05-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi there, beautiful Luna! I'm so glad to hear that you were such a good kitty for the vet. I know that can be scary for pretty kitty cats like you, but doctor is your friend and wants to help you feel better again. I hope both you and Lily are all better very very soon. Let us know how you're doing, okay?

DJFyrewolf36
05-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Awww...feel better soon Luna and Lilly! My thoughts are with them both

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I hope you get better soon Luna and please be a good kitty and take all of your medicine.:)

momcat
05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi, Kirsten! How are those two beauties Luna and Lily feeling today? My owner, Groucho, sends feel better meows and purrs to both of his kitty kat kousins

MULTICATMOM
05-11-2005, 05:12 PM
OR ELSE LUNA DOESN'T LIKE THE SMELL OF NEW RUGS:( :rolleyes: I'VE WONDERED ABOUTHAT BECAUSE MY KITTYS CLAW UP RUGS...

lbaker
05-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Could we possibly roll up the new rugs until the meds kick in? I know my cats (AND DOGS) do NOT like new rugs or furniture until they "break in it". Verrrry frustrating I'm sure. Poor kitties. Poor Kirsten :(

K & L
05-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Well maybe the new rugs were a good thing since it help you discover this before it got worse. Glad to hear she will be OK.

Kirsten
05-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Here's an Update:

Had to remove the new rugs again, as they were kind of "dissolving" in the washing machine, and almost destroyed it. :eek: Had a hard time to get that machine running again (wet feet were included!!).

Now I brought out the old rugs again, and they have been peed on several times since. Luna is really bad with her litter box at the moment; worse than ever.

I think a part of this is also a behavioral issue; due to her constant bladder infections, she's not on good terms with the litter box. So she doesn't use her box for peeing and pooping at the same time. The second one always ends up on the floor. Setting up a second litter box for her did not help (Lily has her own box anyway).

But I got a new box for Luna yesterday; sometimes it helps to replace it from time to time.

Kirsten

sirrahbed
05-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Yes, hopefully a whole new box will seem less threatening. I hope it helps Kirsten:rolleyes: Poor Luna - I am sorry she has these bladder troubles:( OUCH!!

momcat
05-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Poor beautiful little Luna! I do hope she feels better very soon. As aggrivating as it is about your new rugs, I'm sure she didn't mean to destroy them. Hopefully her new litter box will help. Feel better soon, pretty girl!

jenluckenbach
05-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Poor baby (and poor you). How very understanding you hae been (I know how frustrating it is). I have been finding pee spots again lately with no clue who or why, so I can honestly say (been there, done that). Hopefully she will be feeling better very soon.

Kirsten
05-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Yes, it is frustrating, and people keep telling me they would get rid of her if she was their cat... :( But how could I? I love this girl as if she was my own child!

I know she does not do this to bother me, she's doing this because she's not feeling well. I know she will probably never get completely rid of it, and I hope I'll be able to care for her as long as she lives (when I was so sick last year with my disc hernia, I was starting to wonder what happens if I'd end up in a wheelchair or be so handicapped that I cannot live on my own anymore, and I started to worry about my girls's future also).

Jen, I'm sorry to hear you have these problems again. I hope you will at least find out who it was, and that he/she can get a treatment....

Kirsten