PDA

View Full Version : I drove today!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
It was pretty exciting! I just can't reverse and get out of a parking spot too well yet. Any pointers?

slleipnir
05-08-2005, 12:30 PM
It takes time. Just practice and you'll get use to it. Go slowly till you're comfortable, and check your mirrors so you know you're not too close to the other cars.

I've been driving for years now, and I've just recently been able to park our half ton truck comfortably. It's hard to get that thing into small spaces :o

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't drive yet, so I wouldn't know, but Congratulations! ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Lol yeah it will take some time.

I was backing out of this parking space, and I was actually doing just fine, but I forgot to shift it back to drive, so I hit the gas pedal and we flew backwards... Lmao, it was really funny but I never did THAT again! :D

I drove home too. That was really exciting!

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

I was backing out of this parking space, and I was actually doing just fine, but I forgot to shift it back to drive, so I hit the gas pedal and we flew backwards... Lmao, it was really funny but I never did THAT again! :D

*smiles* sounds like something I might do by mistake once I start driving. :D:rolleyes:

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-08-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't drive yet, but congrats Megan!!! I can't WAIT to drive!!:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Just to tell you, I got in the front seat and drove REALLY REALLY slow because I was really scared. I thought it was going to be really hard or something, but it wasn't. :) It's actually really fun, I'm going to drive when we take my brother to his friends I think. :) The only thing hard about it is REVERSING! Lmao... ;) It wasn't too bad!

G.P.girl
05-08-2005, 02:49 PM
i had a really hard time pulling in the parking spaces so it was straight, for the longest time it took me atleast 3 tries to make it ok. also i cant backaround corners. i totally screwed that part of my driving test up

CountryWolf07
05-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
*smiles* sounds like something I might do by mistake once I start driving. :D:rolleyes:

I have done that a couple times when I first started driving... Haha..

Have fun and stay safe! :)

buckner
05-08-2005, 07:24 PM
All I have to say is... SCARY!!!!

:p

I'm just kidding. Congrats! .... but I'm still staying off the roads....

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Learn to work with your mirrors. Once you've mastered that, parking will be a piece of cake!!
Good luck!!