PDA

View Full Version : Some shelter faces

aly
01-25-2002, 11:11 PM
We got the CUTEST pair in the shelter a few days ago. I just had to take my camera to work and get some pictures of them. Unfortunately they will not be able to be adopted together because they are both males the same age and tend to play too rough which turns into fights.

Sparticus is the Bulldog. These pictures are deceiving. He is SO funny looking in real life. I think he's a doll. And the boy never stops snorting!! I think I realized why the pictures don't show how he truly looks. All the pics I got he has his mouth open in. But when he closes his mouth he as a MASSIVE underbite and you can see his teeth and tongue sticking out of his lips, heheheehheehheeheheh!!! I wish I could have gotten some better pictures. I'll bring my camera to work again tomorrow or Sunday. (well I guess his mouth is sort of closed in the first pic, but you still can't really see what he looks like with it all the way closed, haha oh my gosh its so funny)

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/2011877_20020125_235323_20020125235323.jpg

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/8682973_20020124_174239_20020124174239.jpg

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/7324005_20020124_174409_20020124174409.jpg

And here's his friend, a Dogue de Bordeaux. Just like Hooch from the movie Turner and Hooch! He's a BIG sweetie! Note the drool, hehehe!

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/4976347_20020124_173936_20020124173936.jpg

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/5827991_20020126_000235_20020126000235.jpg

And of course, I HAD to take a picture of this cute for Jackie!!

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/1001178_20020126_000544_20020126000544.jpg

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/9168741_20020126_000611_20020126000611.jpg

*LabLoverKEB*
01-26-2002, 03:53 AM
Awwww... they are all soo adorable!!! What sweet faces! How could someone not want these little sweeties?!! Great pics, Aly! Thanks for sharing! :) ;)

AdoreMyDogs
01-26-2002, 07:37 AM
Oh my gosh are they ADORABLE!!!!! I want to smooch those smooshie faces SO much!

Sudilar
01-26-2002, 08:34 AM
They are precious!!! I had to laugh! Look at that slobber!! Haha! (I lived with slobber for 12 1/2 years with Avalanche.) :eek:

How COULD someone give up those adorable puppers? :(

lbaker
01-26-2002, 08:51 AM
oooohhhhh Aly! I want them both :cool: how could anyone give them up though:confused: :mad: My daughter in North Dallas tells me that the shelters are filling up waaaay fast due to people losing jobs and all that :mad: :mad: she can hardly stand it. Bless your heart for all you do. (how old is the Hoochster? I really do want him..I would even fly down there or have my daughter pick him up for me...laurie, (oh dear...seven dogs..oh heck, why not, I have a big yard

Rottie
01-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Oh gosh, I've always loved the Dogues. He's so cute! :) So is the Bully. :) I wish I could have all of them.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-26-2002, 11:08 AM
How adorable! I just love these pictures. Really, how could anyone give them up? And the slobbery picture just cracked me up!

zippy-kat
01-26-2002, 12:42 PM
We live in a house of Slobbers with Sara around!

THose guys are cuties--hope they find homes soon!

thelmalu99
01-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Awww, what cuties! My roommate always says that someday she will have a bulldog and name him Satchmo, LOL. I will have to show her this little guy, I'm sure she will fall in love!

Thanks for the pics, Aly!

jackiesdaisy1935
01-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Oh Aly, they are all adorable, do you work in a private shelter?
The Schnauzer looks well taken care of, is he or she up for adoption? If it's not private, maybe you could call "Schnauzer Rescue". They are all so sweet, surely they will get adopted right away.
Jackie

ShepherdLover
01-26-2002, 03:37 PM
They are so cute! I can't believe you got a Dogue de Boureaux! He must be sweet! :)

Logan
01-26-2002, 03:56 PM
In fact, I would like to know why in the world, dogs like these, are in the shelter?? These are purebed dogs, aren't they? Did someone die? Did they all come from the same home?

You may remember that I have the "dream" of having an English Bulldog, and although they are precious as puppies, I've always thought the rescue route is the way I want to go. He is beautiful....a little far away, and surely he will be adopted quickly. But, you let me know if he isn't.

Logan

aly
01-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Well I got good news and bad news... and great news, but bad at the same time, hehe.

Good news is I took my camera to the shelter today for more pictures for you guys.
Bad news is it was out of batteries.
Great news is BOTH Sparticus and Chewbacca got adopted to WONDERFUL homes today. The reason thats bad is I wish those of you interested in Sparticus could have had a chance at him :(

They came into the shelter on Monday. Their owner just brought them to our door with no appointment. We can only take animals in with appointments because we're selective intake and need to temperament and health check them BEFORE saying we'll take them. But we can't always follow our own rules and couldn't resist these two big cuties.

The Bulldog was the pushier of the two. He was a sweetie though. I could never stop laughing at his snorting and his cute face. I would give him treats and he'd lose them in his mouth and five minutes later would all of a sudden start chewing because the treat would magically appear :D He went home to a girl that had been looking for a Bulldog for the past 5 years. She said its impossible to find them through rescue in Texas. She was soooooo happy and eager to give the boy a great home. I know he is definately living it up right now.

Chewbacca had a perfect match adoption too. This young couple actually have a Dogue of their own and the girl's mom has a Bulldog. They came in to adopt both dogs but Sparticus was already gone. Chewey was really depressed and we were having a hard time getting him to interact with Jack (the other Dogue) during the dog intro. He was missing Sparticus I think :( I felt awful but I agree with the decision not to adopt them out together due to their fighting. During the dog intro, Chewy kept coming and laying down on my feet with his eyes watering :( But we really loved the family and went ahead and approved the adoption even though their Dogue is male and the same size as Chewy which could cause problems. But their dog was really socialized and easy going and sweet. We feel confident about the adoption because they are experienced in the breed and just really wonderful people.

I work for the Humane Society of Austin, which is selective intake and no-kill. The animals are VERY loved and spoiled by volunteers and staff at our shelter. We have a wonderful volunteer program that I was part of for years before becoming staff. But even now that I'm staff, I still volunteer a lot and do as much as I can. It is not common that we get such rare pure breds and we are EXTREMELY cautious with them. We usually do 'Best App' on pure breeds which means we take as many applications as we want and then review them to see which would be best for the dog. In both Sparticus and Chewbacca's cases though, they went to the first app even though they were best app. It just happened that the first people coming in for each of them were wonderful.

Jackie, I am not sure about the Schnauzer's story. He is very sweet and well cared for. He is still in Pre-Adopt though. When we put him up for adoption, I am going to make sure he is also best app.

Chewbacca and Sparticus' old owners were moving, which is why they were dumped to us :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: You would THINK people would take their family members when moving but noooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad:

lbaker
01-27-2002, 05:48 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: how can so called "humans" be so inhumane
laurie:mad: :mad:

Rottie
01-27-2002, 09:42 AM
That's great news that they both got adopted, and so quickly! :) :D

Logan
01-27-2002, 01:29 PM
That is good news, Aly! :) I hope they all live wonderful lives.

Logan

tatsxxx11
01-27-2002, 02:43 PM
Great pics. Aly. What a happy ending for Chewy and Sparticus!!:) I'm sure the precious Schnauzer baby will be scooped up in a flash! Maybe next time Logan!!;) You're an angel, Aly!!

thelmalu99
01-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Aly, I'm so glad to hear that both Spartacus and Chewie got adopted so quickly! That's wonderful!
I'm sure that the adorable Schnauzer baby will soon find a home. :)
Thanks for the update!

aly
01-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Phooey phooey phooey!!!!!!!!!!

It is poodle heaven at the shelter right now and I FORGOT TO GET NEW BATTERIES FOR THE CAMERA :mad:

We have 3 beautiful standards, 2 apricot and a black. And we have a mini apricot. I really wanted a before and after picture of the mini because I just dropped him off at the groomer's. Oh well, you will get to see the After picture anyway. He's in pretty bad shape. He's really shaggy and matted with fur growing every which way. I can't wait to pick him up! I will post pics of him and our standards asap! :)