PDA

View Full Version : Your hand at the level of your eyes?

flamepony12
05-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Anyone know what this means in the Phantom movie? It's the only part of the movie we still don't understand. :p

lizbud
05-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought he was hiding his face. :confused:

flamepony12
05-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Maybe... do you think that's why? hehe

lizbud
05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
No really. His face is scarred & disfigured & he hides it with
the mask. (and the hand gesture)

flamepony12
05-07-2005, 07:18 PM
No, no, lol. That's not the part I was talking about :p I mean when Madame Giry (sp.?) Is telling Raoul, "Remember, keep your hand at the level of your eyes" ;)

slleipnir
05-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing actually. Also, I don't get at the end how the "phantom"'s face is all fixed..how'd that happen? lol

I'm making my dad watch it tomorrow to explain all this to me :o

CathyBogart
05-07-2005, 11:29 PM
The Phantom's primary weapon of choice is the "Punjab Lasso". He uses it to lasso people and then when he pulls it back, a weight on the rope breaks the victim's neck. Thus, if you keep your hand at the level of your eyes the lasso will go around your arm, and at worst you have a broken wrist instead of a broken neck. :)

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks Wolfchan! :o hehe!

Originally posted by slleipnir
I was thinking the same thing actually. Also, I don't get at the end how the "phantom"'s face is all fixed..how'd that happen? lol

lol! That's Raoul. :p (You're reffering to the man in the wheelchair, right?) Yeah, if you notice during the auction when he's buying the monkey, they say, "Sold! To the Vicont De Changy" hehe. And then he puts the monkey on Christine's grave to acknowledge that the Phantom was part of her. And there is a rose sitting on the grave too, with a black ribbon tied around it, and that engagement ring that Phantom had for Christine (but she refused it, at the end, you know, hehe) around it. That shows you that the Phantom is still alive but is somwhere else... lol :rolleyes:

Okay Audrey, I explained that part to you, now explain to me why throughout the movie, while Phanty's (lol) mask is on, he has black, slicked back hair, and then at the end after his mask has been taken off, he has stringy blonde hair? :p

slleipnir
05-08-2005, 09:43 AM
LOL. God I'm dense. I thought it was him cause he bought the monkey he liked. hahah.

I thoguht that about the hair too. STOP IT! lol :rolleyes: I give up I'm too slow. (I also came to realize at work last night that 10 plus 5 doesn not equal 60 lmao)

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 09:46 AM
lol! I think it may be because the black hair was supposed to be a wig... :p I thought I saw him adjusting it before the don juan play. heh

Audrey, plastic surgery wasn't invented yet! ;)

slleipnir
05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
I was thinking a wig too, but I duno

And I know plastic surgery wasn't, that's why I was confused. :rolleyes:

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

And I know plastic surgery wasn't, that's why I was confused. :rolleyes:

I know, I was just fooling with you. hehe ;)

slleipnir
05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I watched it for a second time, and it all makes sense now lmao. And he does wear a wig. When he i sgetting ready for the Don Juan thing, you can see a wig as we walks off. I gets er now :D

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 09:43 PM
hehe! *sighs* I have another question though... ah, never mind. ;) This movie's full of confusing things! :p

slleipnir
05-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Hahah, what is it? I'm probably confused by the same thing :rolleyes:

flamepony12
05-08-2005, 10:33 PM
It's just a movie flunk.. :p lol. You may have noticed that during "The Point of No Return", he wears a mask that doesn't come up to his hairline.. the black one. But once he takes it off, his "distortion" comes all the way up, past his hairline. :p I think it's just because it was filmed on different days or something. hehe!

mina'smomma
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
It's the angle they have the camera. It makes the disfiguration look bigger than it was.