PDA

View Full Version : *Warning* about a favorite cat 'toy'!

QueenScoopalot
05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
After reading Ubasoons post about Tuna and the surgery he just went through to remove a plastic pull thing from mini-blinds, I thought about this danger. My vets have removed MANY of the milk jug rings from cats intestines. I used to think nothing of ripping them off, and throwing them down for the cats, but haven't for a few years now. Too risky having them ingest them, and cause a blockage. Intestinal surgery is very expensive, and if this post mkes a few people think..it's worth it. ;) I wonder how many cats have gone under the knife over those seemingly harmless 'toys'? :confused: :(

catmandu
05-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I was throwing down,the little plastic tabd,thatb you get,in the Minute Maid Frit Conatiners,but I will stop,that as Scrappy 2,or Pouncette ,may well swallow them.Thank You,for the warning!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture126.jpg

catnapper
05-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Yikes. Harry LOVES those things. Sorry Harry, I'm not going ot let you play with those anymore.

catfamily
05-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm so glad you put this info out.:D :D

orangemm
05-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I used to throw the ring things down for my cats, who would use them as hockey pucks. Don't remember them ever chewing them, tho, but you never know about a cat. Better to be safe than sorry.

Most of my milk jugs have the ones that are not in a continuous ring, so my guys have no interest in them.

Thanks for tipping us off anyway. You never know.

Soapets
05-07-2005, 02:56 PM
This is very good to know. I will make sure that Shadow and Angel (and Little Orphan Annie, when she's big enough) do NOT get these items to play with any more! I never would have thought that they might try to eat them!:eek:

sarifish
05-07-2005, 04:45 PM
there are toys at petsmart they are new they are a curled piece of plastic about the size of a milk container and cats are supposed to love them i wonder if they are dangerous too they look almost like the milk rings and there a little smaller than milk rings