PDA

View Full Version : Ritzy's baby pictures

tuxluvr
01-25-2002, 06:03 PM
Ritzy's original mum&dad found these pictures of ritz&siblings & queenmum and sent to me....Ritz is the "ink blot" in the sea of pastel :)

zippy-kat
01-25-2002, 06:09 PM
How adorable!

yorkster
01-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Awww, I love kittens! That is a great picture.
Ritzy does stand out in it! :D :cool: ;)

tuxluvr
01-25-2002, 07:46 PM
I'm such a proud furmom! I wondered how there could just be one stark black and white with all the other "muted" tones and the mommy cat's coloring. I thought perhaps she had been mated to two different toms, but was told instead that the sire for all the kittens was an all black male!

Does anyone know if the black or black and white coloring is the recessive gene in cats?

Pam
01-26-2002, 07:17 AM
tuxluvr that picture is so sweet! That was so nice that they sent that picture to you. I would love to have seen my two boys when they were that tiny, although when I got Andy he only weighed a pound at 8 weeks of age! What a precious photo! Yes Ritz certainly stands out in the crowd! If I didn't know better I would say that little orange guy was my Trev scrambling up to get a better position for his own meal! :D

tuxluvr
01-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Pam, Ritz was also very tiny when we got her at about 9 weeks - I'm not sure she weighed even a pound.....and she was the smallest in the litter....from the avatar and other pics, she obviously overcame her "tiny kitty" status :D

lynnestankard
01-26-2002, 10:17 AM
tuxlvr

Isn't that the cutest photo?:D :D :D So sweet!!

Lynne.

NoahsMommy
01-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Awwwww!! Ritzy's soooo cute!!!!! Great picture!

It is so amazing to me how there could be one black kitten in the litter. Very cool.

libracats
01-26-2002, 08:07 PM
Tuxluvr, What a great photo of your baby and her siblings. I have two,Deja & Chat, that were only 1 week old when I got them. Brings back memories:) Being in cat rescue I have noticed that there seems to almost always be at least one black or B&W cat in a litter. I think black is definately a dominent gene. I was also told that all cats decended from black cats. I dont know whether to believe this or not.

thelmalu99
01-26-2002, 08:30 PM
Awwww....lookit the babies! Thanks for sharing that picture, tuxluvr! :)

aly
01-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Hmmmmmm, well we studied a whole section in my college Biology class about cats' dominant and recessive genes. I can't for the life of me remember it very well. I think I do but don't want to give the wrong information. It was interesting studying that though! I'll see if I can find my notes :)

That baby picture is VERY cute. That was very nice of them to send.

tuxluvr
01-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all the responses - I have read articles about the "S" gene that is responsible for black and white markings....or more specifically "non tabby" markings. I'm just curious if that coloring is dominant or recessive. Genetics always fascinated me.

I do know that one of my past outdoor cats was a black and white MONSTER tom cat, named "Mr Tubbs" - we did not have him altered (I am more enlightened now after losing him to a road incident) :(

However, we found over the next few years that there is a mass proliferation of black and white or white and black kitties in our neighborhood, starting with three that were born to one of our neighbor's pets :eek:

;)

AmberLee
01-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Loved seeing Ritz' baby picture. So adorable.

4 feline house
02-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Tux, I just had to sign on and let you know this:

I was doing an image search on Google for "tuxedo cat". I was looking over the thumbnails on the second page when I noticed a familiar face. I though "Gee, that kitty looks like Ritzy." Then I noticed the little "Cat of the Day" label on the photo, so I clicked it, and guess what? It WAS Ritzy!

Wow, Ritzy's on Google!

Big is on Google Images, too, but he only comes up when you type in "Big Mac"!

tuxluvr
02-02-2002, 07:33 PM
4Feline
WOW.....Ritzy goes big time on the 'net! Browser Kitty!

:)