PDA

View Full Version : Noah Bite!!

NoahsMommy
05-07-2005, 03:35 AM
First....it wasn't his fault....we were playing and Noah accidentially bit my thumb. It went through the nail and I have two punctures on the tip of my thumb and on the top of my nail.

Amazingly, I got a picture of it. Although, had I been paying more attention to him and less to the camera, this might not have happened. :rolleyes:

I was online, with Noah in his usual spot on top of the monitor. All the sudden, he jumped down to "kill" something. I got a kick out of seeing it was my arm band from my endoscopy on Wednesday. ;) I got down on the floor and helped hm "kill" it.

Here are some pictures...

Playing:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/77kelly/IMG_0843.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/77kelly/IMG_0844.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/77kelly/IMG_0845.jpg

And...the bite:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/77kelly/bite.jpg

Yep, that's my thumb in his mouth. It REALLY, REALLY hurts...but I'm going to wait till morning to call my doctor or go to the ER...its 1:30 a.m. here...and David is out of town this weekend.

I have it one ice and I took some pain meds...my stomach got really painful this last hour too. :(

Ugh...never a dull moment. ;)

jenluckenbach
05-07-2005, 05:07 AM
OUCH!! Bites to the nail REALLY hurt! And then they swell and throb. It is a few hours later now, but my favorite "remedy" is to soak a bite wound in Betadine (provo-iodine) mixed in nice warm water. Works wonders in helping it to heal faster.

NoahsMommy
05-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks, Jen. I'll try that later. The pain meds are finally kicking in as is the ice...time for bed.

Hugs,
Kelly

catnapper
05-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Bad, sweet Noah. I hope you will be ok. I know you'll take care of yourself and the bite.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-07-2005, 11:25 AM
OUCH !!! , now THAT sure hurts!!:eek:
Be sure to desinfect that very well, Kelly!

Felicia's Mom
05-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Noah, Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

QueenScoopalot
05-07-2005, 12:29 PM
*OUCH*!! :eek: Nasty place to get bit, but maybe Noah was helping you get some extra piercings! Will a stud fit in the hole? :confused: Sorry...couldn't resist that one. I know it was uncalled for (but funny) and not very sympathetic to your bite. Be sure and get it checked as you don't want to lose your nail to an infection. ;) :( But wouldn't that look cool having a small diamond stud in your nail? OK I'll shut up lol! :o

NoahsMommy
05-07-2005, 01:25 PM
QSL..you're too cute!! :)

I just left a message on the on-call physician's line at my doctor's office. It really, really hurts today..when I touch it, it feels numb in places. :eek:

I'll keep you posted.0

NoahsMommy
05-07-2005, 01:40 PM
OK, just heard from the on-call doctor.

He's calling a prescription in for me and I need to see them next week.

Yay! That was easy.

OK...off to finally start my day!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

catmandu
05-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I keep.my hands back,especially when feeding Scrappy 2,and Pouncette,as they are a lot more eager,than my cats,to eat,and if they get a little feeder,in thier meal,thats quite all right,with them.

catfamily
05-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Ouch! that is a tender area.I'm glad you got Antibiotics.:)

kimlovescats
05-07-2005, 03:08 PM
YyyyyOUCH! Poor thing. Glad you have some meds to fight infection .... take some Ibuprofen for the throbbing pain!

Hugs,
Kim

NoahsMommy
05-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Ugh....it still really hurts! But, I'm on HUGE antibiotics (augmentin), so I feel better knowing nothings going to fall off. ;)

Mom came over and cleaned and wrapped my wound. She's so sweet. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Ouchie!!! How's your finger today, Kelly? I sure hope the antibiotics kicked in and your whole hand didn't swell up. As if you don't have enough pain in your life! :rolleyes: ;) But Noah sure is a cutie and I know he didn't mean to bit his meowmy. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Kelly, I'm so glad that you called your doctor and are now on antibiotics. Hopefully you'll heal up without any problems. How are you feeling today?