PDA

View Full Version : NZ MP abandons his cats......

carole
05-07-2005, 12:13 AM
One of our NZ politicians is under fire right now, Mr John Tamihere has been in the hot seat recently over many unfavourable comments made against, women, the holocaust, Homosexuals.

However the latest revelation that he abandoned his two cats has really got him in deep trouble, it is election year in NZ, and even though Mr Tamihere has said some terrible things, this latest piece of information is the straw that broke the camels back so to speak, NZ is a very cat loving society, and it appears this is one big slip up that will not be forgiven.

You can read the story on www.stuff.co.nz and type in John Tamihere in search.

I say shame on this man.:mad:

Oggyflute
05-07-2005, 02:03 AM
No results shown under the name mate. Maybe Helen Clark pulled the story?

davidpizzica
05-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Carole, I also looked up John Tamihere but couldn't find the story. However, it's terrible to abandon two cats who depended on him for food, comfort and life. You're right, in a cat friendly country like New Zealand this would be unthinkable!

Ginger's Mom
05-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Very odd. I did it once and did get the story. Then I accidently closed the window, when I went back in to try again it said No match found. :confused:

moosmom
05-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Carole,

I read the story and am outraged!! :mad: It said that he escaped prosecution because HE signed them over to the SPCA. But if you read the story carefully, it was the NEIGHBOR who took the two cats to the SPCA, not Tamihere, after he found them abandoned.

I think Tamihere should be held accountable for what he did. And I certainly hope that this puts the cabosh on his political career. Anyone who does that to innocent animals has no business being in politics.

carole
05-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Donna I agree with you 100 per cent, thanks for sharing the story as it seems most were unable to read about it.

Believe me he has said the most wicked things against women, Jews, now with the revelation about the cats, I think his fate is sealed, people were asking for his resignation before this incident, NZer's love their kitties, I think his days are numbered.

I will be voting for his party again this year, but he is NOT in my electorate, unfortunately that is the way the voting system works, I want our Helen to continue governing our country, as I think she has done some really good stuff for NZ, but I sure hope she gets rid of Tamihere once and for all, he even said some really offensive things about his fellow party members,particularly the Gay party members,and comments including the Prime minister herself.

In general IMO he is just a plain nasty piece of work, and I sure hope he gets his walking papers and sooner the better.