PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Panda
05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi!

I've been lurking for a while off and on, and decided to introduce myself, and my kidlets.

I have a 4 year old greyhound named Elvis (he just had his birthday end of April) and 2 cats, 10 yr old Mora and 7 yr old Nicky.

I've had my cats since they were kittens, but I'm still relatively new to the dog world, we got Elvis in November.

So, since I love to show off my kids, I'm going to try to post some pics (hope this works!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Elvismom/Elvis/Elvisoutside1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Elvismom/Elvis/Elvis21001.jpg

And these are my other babies, Nicky
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Elvismom/Tinika1001.jpg

and Mora.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Elvismom/Tymora1001.jpg

(By the way, I apologize if I'm not allowed to put my cat pics in here too, I couldn't find anything that told me where what was allowed and not allowed to go.)
:)

lute
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
WELCOME!!!:D :D :D

your greyhound is just ADORABLE and so are yer kitties!

i'm lexie and i have 2 dogs, Gracie and Beanie, you can see them in my siggy.:)

NoahsMommy
05-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Welcome to PT!! :)

You're furkids are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love, love, love greyhounds sooo much!! That brindlish color is my favorite!!

And those kitties are just too sweet!

I'm Kelly and I live with the 8 cats you see in my signature as well as a fish. :)

Enjoy PT! Its addicting!! :D

cali
05-06-2005, 04:40 PM
aww welcome! Mora looks exactly like my cousns kitty, sox. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/d2a084bb.jpg

:p

Bigyummydog
05-06-2005, 05:00 PM
welcome to PT :) i'm barbra and i am owned by the big and the yummy MAXIMUS...:p he is pittie/lab and the love of my life.....

you have beautiful furkids....just love those green, green eyes of NICKY's...are those contacts? :D

Panda
05-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Bigyummydog
welcome to PT :) i'm barbra and i am owned by the big and the yummy MAXIMUS...:p he is pittie/lab and the love of my life.....

you have beautiful furkids....just love those green, green eyes of NICKY's...are those contacts? :D

Wouldn't that be cool! No, he's just my evil alien kitty! (or a bad flash, you pick, but the alien idea is much more fun!)

BTW - Maximus is gorgeous!

wolfsoul
05-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Welcome to another Canadian! :D Great pics, I love greyhounds.

Panda
05-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Welcome to PT!! :)

You're furkids are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love, love, love greyhounds sooo much!! That brindlish color is my favorite!!

And those kitties are just too sweet!

I'm Kelly and I live with the 8 cats you see in my signature as well as a fish. :)

Enjoy PT! Its addicting!! :D

Your cats are very sweet!

Panda
05-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by lute
WELCOME!!!:D :D :D

your greyhound is just ADORABLE and so are yer kitties!

i'm lexie and i have 2 dogs, Gracie and Beanie, you can see them in my siggy.:)

Thank you! I assume Beanie is a Pom, what is Gracie?

luvofallhorses
05-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Welcome :D My pets are listed in my signature :) Your furbabies are adorable :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Welcome to PT! I love greyhounds, yours is beautiful:) My dogs are in my sig below.

dukedogsmom
05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Welcome! You've got some beautiful animals. Mora is absolutely stunning and I love Elvis' brindle coloring.

Oggyflute
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
G'day Panda, and welcome to Pet Talk. I'm Trev and have two standard schnauzers, Oggy & Flute, plus darling little Possum. Love your kids there real cuties.:)

Ginger's Mom
05-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Welcome Panda, Elvis, Nicky and Mora. :) Elvis sure is a handsome fellow. I, too, really like the brindle in larger dogs, it really is a good look. And Mora is beautiful. She gives the impression that out of all of the furkids, she is the one in charge. Would that be correct? ;)

Jadapit
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi! My name is Donna and those are my dogs in my sig. I also have a cat named Copper.

Elvis is stunning! I bet owning a geryhound is so much fun. You kitties are so pretty. Nicky has the most beautiful eyes!:D

Panda
05-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ginger's Mom
Welcome Panda, Elvis, Nicky and Mora. :) Elvis sure is a handsome fellow. I, too, really like the brindle in larger dogs, it really is a good look. And Mora is beautiful. She gives the impression that out of all of the furkids, she is the one in charge. Would that be correct? ;)

Actually, Mora is one of the most timid cats I've ever met. She had a bad kittenhood before I found her, and she's not very trusting of anyone except me, really. Nicky is the Kingpin around here, and not afraid to let everyone know it! He keeps everyone, including the humans, in line!

gemini9961
05-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Elvis has a beautiful coat, I love his colors. The kitties are adorable as well.

tricollie4me
05-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Aw, sweet greyhound (and kitties, too!). I "met" my first greyhound at Petsmart about a month ago, and it was a brindle like yours....sigh...I fell in love! What an incredible breed. I was very pleased to have seen/met one in person, because photos do not do this outstanding breed justice!

Do you find you must have a fenced yard to keep a greyhound happy? I have a 6-month-old collie that we keep on a leash because she's young, but we hope that though she's a herder by nature, she will learn her place and stay on our property as she matures...but I've read that many greyhounds are only safe on fenced/very large property. What are your thoughts? (Because of a utility easement, we are unable to have a traditional fence around our backyard...the city needs to have access to the telephone pole located in the rear corner of our property.)

Thanks for sharing your pretty babies!

LuvGold00
05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Welcome to PT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis and your kitties are beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about them!

Suki Wingy
05-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Lute's Gracie is a Siberian Husky. I have the love of my life, NiƱo in my sig. I also have a show dwarf rabbit and a schneider's skink.

Panda
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by tricollie4me

Do you find you must have a fenced yard to keep a greyhound happy? I have a 6-month-old collie that we keep on a leash because she's young, but we hope that though she's a herder by nature, she will learn her place and stay on our property as she matures...but I've read that many greyhounds are only safe on fenced/very large property. What are your thoughts? (Because of a utility easement, we are unable to have a traditional fence around our backyard...the city needs to have access to the telephone pole located in the rear corner of our property.)

[/B]

Hi! Sorry, just saw this today. I actually don't have a fenced yard at the moment (new subdivision), so when Elvis is outside, he must be leashed at all times. I personally would never allow a Grey off leash in an unfenced area. Although we have done recall training with him, I'm not convinced that if it ever came down to coming back to me versus chasing a bunny, that I would win. And he's a heck of a lot faster than me! That being said, Greyhounds generally are pretty low energy dogs, (they don't get the label "Couch Potatoes" for nothing!) so I find that a trip to a friend's fenced yard once a week and a few good walks a day are usually sufficient to keep him happy. He doesn't need a huge space to run in. He also turns our upstairs hallway into a racetrack a couple of times a week. And the Greyhound world has great resources, for example in my area, we have a Greyhound Walking Club that meets every 2 weeks and we go on a good long walk with all the Greys. That gives both of us a chance to socialize, get some exercise, and tires him out for the rest of the afternoon!

Hope that helps! :)

IRescue452
05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Welcome! Adorable "kidlets"! Pics welcome at all times *hint hint*:D

Dixieland Dancer
05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your furkids are georgeous! My name is Candy and I'm owned by two Golden Retrievers Dixie and Dusty (mother and son), a pure black domestic short hair cat named Marty, and a guinea pig named Sally. I look forward to seeing and reading more about your pets in the future! :D

lute
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Panda
Thank you! I assume Beanie is a Pom, what is Gracie?
Gracie is a siberian husky

anna_66
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/WelcomeHello/18.gif to one of the most wonderful and addicting places on the web!

I'm Anna & I'm owned by the three you see in my siggy below. Not sure if you can tell by his picture, but my boy Bon is a brindle too. Needless to say I love brindles:D
I just recently had the pleasure of meeting my first greyhound a few weeks ago and I think they are absolutely magnificent creatures!
Hope to hear more about Elvis soon!

PS... I don't have any cats, but yours are gorgeous:)