PDA

View Full Version : Gracie needs to go to the vets.

cubby31682
05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Gracie has been dragging her butt across the carpet. It seems like she has an itch but she's also been doing it outside for a few days. I am pretty sure her anal glands are plugged up. Wish her luck.

Katie

LorraineO
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Lucys glands were always having to be drained,,, but not we have her on high fibre food and shes been fine ever since.... Best of luck to Gracie!!!!

lute
05-06-2005, 11:31 AM
good luck Gracie.....have fun at the vets!;)

caseysmom
05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
My casey did this the day I had her anal glands expressed...I mean after...the vet says it probably just itches...I think she is too fat to clean herself well!

cubby31682
05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
I didn't know that you could take a dog to the vet 4 or 5 times within a month for 4 or 5 different issues. Lol. Atleast the vet that has taken over Gracie likes her and tells her that shes beautiful.

LKPike
05-06-2005, 12:57 PM
ouch! :(:(:( my last dalmatian, Joyce had a very bad problem with her glands once, she was shaking sooo hard in the lobby of the vets office :(:( It must of been painful for her to have them emptied because she yelped and screamed the entire time :(:( it was terrible. I hope your baby makes a very quick recovery! She'll be in my thoughts!

Dixieland Dancer
05-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Dixie had anal gland problems before she had puppies. I had the vet teach me how to do it. Now I don't have to worry about it because Dusty cleans her butt for her on a regular basis. :rolleyes: This is the only thing I can really say he does that grosses me out! :eek: I do still express them occassionally though.