PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tomorrow

Laura's Babies
05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Our reservations are made and we are flying out in the morning for Norfolk. I talked to Regina (sons wife) and she has not been in to see him yet this morning. They were changing his dressings and she said, that takes about 3 hours so she has to wait till that is done to see him.

I don't know about internet access up there, I am on a local ISP here in La. but I will TRY to get on at least once a week or have my grandson update the family web sight for me from home so you can check in there for updates. (the link to that is in my "Home" thread) I am HOPING that the hospital will have wireless internet somewhere in it so I can use my laptop to connect and keep everyone posted but I am not expecting it..

I will be spending tonight at Rie Ries house and will get to see Chester and spend the night loving on my big boy! Then we will get up at dark thirty and head out to the airport.

I talked to dispatch yesterday and they told me not to worry, to take all the time I need. A replacement cook should arrive today from St. Louis so the job is ok.... and I slept real good last night.. I had been up for almost 24 solid hours so I crashed when I laid down..

PJ's Mom
05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
My thoughts are with you and your son. Stay safe. :)

(You're handling this a lot better than I ever would.)

sirrahbed
05-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Laura - you have been SOOO on my mind and I am praying for Eddie, you and the family as much as I can. Yes, like PJ's mom said, you sound real good. I am glad you have the loving and supportive family (including your PT family) that you do!! That and God's help is all that is needed.
((((((((((((((((((Big HUGS)))))))))))))))))

AmberLee
05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
OMG, I didn't know. Adding my prayers to the group's.

(Okay, you won't want to be schlepping to the library regularly, but when I was in Norfolk last August I used the free i'net computers there -- you reserve time at the right of the main desk as you enter...)

{{{gentle hugs}}} and some purrs and headbumpies ... :(

Laura's Babies
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
PJ's Mom.... I am doing fine because there is so much to do.. Yesterday, searching and working on finding Klinger is what got me through the day... When I am idle is when it hits and I start crying... as long as I can somewhat occupy my hands and mind... I am fine... TOMORROW.. I KNOW I will loose it when I see him.

Poo
05-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I wish you all the best for your trip. Don't you be worrying about your work, family is priority. I do think you are handling this so well. I know how you are feeling, please try and be strong. Prayers and best wishes on their way.

Nicki x

catmandu
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
And please no,that our Prayers,are coming,for Eddie,that he is not,in pain,and that he can recover,from that horrible accident,as soon as possible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies093.jpg

catcrazylady
05-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Laura I cry everytime I think about what you are going through. You, Eddie, Rie Rie and your whole family are in our prayers.
I just know that Eddie will be ok. If he is half as strong as his momma then he will do just fine. :)
Have a safe trip Laura and make sure that you take good care of yourself ok? You have to be ok to help Eddie so try to get plenty of rest and eat right.
We love you and we will be thinking about you all constantly.

{{{HUGS}}} to you all and very special gentle {{{hugs}}} to Eddie.

rg_girlca
05-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Laura, my heart is breaking for you and your family.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Laura try to be strong around Eddie, and please know you and your family are all still in our prayers. And as I've said before, if you need me, please call, if only to cry or scream over the phone..I'll be there to listen...and I do have a volume control button if it gets too loud. ;) ((HUGS))) We're all thinking of you and your family Laura.

kimlovescats
05-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I LOVE YOU LAURA!!!! You all are in my prayers!!!:(

(((((((HUGS)))))))))
Kim