PDA

View Full Version : Pepper is lost, I need help!

jesse_3
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Pepper, my families hedgehog, somehow got loose two days ago! He is outside and I have looked everywhere for him! I don't know what to do! I've been crying a lot too! Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? We ahve taken out Sammy (my families dog) and she knows the command,"Find the hedgehog, find Pepper!" because Pepper is and escape artist. We have his food and water in a little kennel with his bedding in it, and I can't find him!!! Any suggestions??

flamepony12
05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Is he outdoors, or loose in your house? good luck with finding him!

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 12:05 AM
He is outside, we were letting him enjoy the weather....He is an inside pet though...

lute
05-06-2005, 09:48 AM
oh no. i'm really sorry! i have never lost a hedghog before so i dunno of anything that could help. maybe read some books about what they like to do in the wild. maybe he will be doing the same thing.

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Pepper has now visited us last night! He always puts in one piece of food and a bunch of hay in his water, I do not know why, but, that is what his water had in it! The food was all gone too! I'm going to try to get my grandpa to let me use his small live trap to capture Pepper! I don't know if he will enter into a new surrounding like that though! Now what should I do?

Thank you for the advice, and caring for Pepper!

flamepony12
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
so, you took him outside and he walked away? :o I'm sorry!

I hope you can catch him! sounds like he's doing okay so far. :)

lute
05-07-2005, 12:54 PM
atleast ya know he's still around and alive.:)

i would set the trap just in case. and keep a VERY watchfull eye on that cage incase he shows up again.

rizzy
05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Omg!:( I hope grandpa's live trap works! Please go home Pepper boy! Please keep us updated.

flamepony12
05-07-2005, 09:13 PM
any news?

jesse_3
05-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, I haven't gotten ahold of my grandpa, but I think he visited again last night, he made the waterdish like he usually does, but didn't eat anything. I think that he is gone, but I won't give up until I find him. Dead or alive...
Thank you everyone for the support!

King Spartacus
05-09-2005, 06:46 AM
I shall keep my paws crossed for Pepper to come home safe and sound!!!

Tescos
05-09-2005, 07:03 AM
I read once that Hedghogs love the meaty dog food and they have a very good sence of smell. I'm sure if you bait a live trap with this your'll get him back or stay up all night watching the food bowl and once he comes along to feed grab him.:)

jesse_3
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Thank you for the suggestion Tescos! Thank you everyone else for supporting me too! I found some droppings left behind from him, after a thunder storm:eek: :eek: I know that he is okay though! I hope that I can catch that stinker soon! (I'm still working on getting that live trap:mad: )

lute
05-10-2005, 10:38 PM
that's good he's still out there! keep us updated!

jesse_3
05-11-2005, 12:04 AM
I went out to check again tonight, but no sign of Pepper...The nights are getting so cold, and I'm really scared that he will get sick, or freeze to death. I don't know what to do. I think that I will look in my neighbors rhubarb bush tomorrow and pray to God that I find him soon. I'm even shivering from the weather, and I live way up Nort' where it gets below -20 degrees Farenhiet...That is bad...

luckies4me
05-11-2005, 04:11 AM
You NEED to find him soon. Can you make a search party? I know that sounds funny, but you need to look everywhere. In every bush, behind trashcans, everywhere because if he goes into hybernation he will die. Captive hedgehogs cannot survive hybernation. :*( I would also throw some old laundry or towels out as they love to hide in those. Just anything that you think will attract him. Also, make sure that leaving the food out isn't attracting larger animals such as racoons and possums.

jesse_3
05-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Peppers life has now been ended. A car has once again taken away the life of another beloved pet. Pepper was found in the road, after being runover. Thank you everyone for watching out for him...
Stephanie

lv4dogs
05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh my I am so sorry to hear that. {{hugs}}

May Pepper be happy, healhty & whole again at the bridge.

petslover
05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I know how heartbroken you must be. Just remember that he is in a better place.

lute
05-11-2005, 04:24 PM
i'm so sorry!:(
R.I.P. Pepper:(

jackie
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I am so sorry.

CagneyDog
05-11-2005, 06:23 PM
RIP Pepper :(

I am so sorry for your loss :(

KYS
05-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Pepper.

((HUGS))

catmandu
05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
A Cat,or A Dog,is hard enough,to find,but a Hedge Hog! Pepper,with his instincts,and his small size,would be just about impossible,to find.Cat Angel Tiger,and Dog Angel Bosco,are looking,too,and will try,to convince Pepper,to go home.We are praying,taht your Friend comes Home,soon,as not knowing,is the worst part.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos284.jpg

jesse_3
05-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Thank you so much everyone...In contribute to Pepper, we are going to adopt a new hedgehog, and this time, he/she will never be outside unless someone is out there with him/her. I still cannot believe what happened...No one in school understands either. My "best friend" doesn't even hear me. I haven't talked to Rachel (rizzy) either, so she doesn't know. Thank you once again.

flamepony12
05-13-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm so sorry. :( Rest in Peace, little Pepper. :(

King Spartacus
05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm ever so sorry to hear about little Pepper... God bless!

"They Say Memories Are Golden,
Well Maybe That Is True...
I Never Wanted Memories,
I Only Wanted You.

A Million Times I Needed You,
A Million Times I Cried...
If Love Alone Could Have Saved You,
You Never Would Have Died.

In Life I Loved You Dearly,
In Death I Love You Still...
In My Heart You Hold A Place,
That No-One Can Ever Fill.

If Tears Could Build A Stairway,
And Heartache Make A Lane,
I’d Walk The Path To Heaven,
And Bring You Back Again.

Our Family Chain Is Broken,
And Nothing Seems The Same...
But As God Calls Us One By One,
The Chain Will Link Again."

Soft purries from Spartacus, and a big hug from his mamma...

jodi
05-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Stephanie,
I am sooooo sorry :(

R.I.P. Pepper.
jodi

catmandu
05-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Pepper,is now a Happy Hedge Hog Angel,and is with all,the Other Pet Talker Angels,and is digging away,at the Rainbow Bridge,and wants you,to know,that you,and he,will meet gain,One Fine Day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture156.jpg

HollandLoppy89
05-15-2005, 06:10 PM
:( I'm so sorry about your little guy, and a speedy recovery and big ((hugs)) to you!! I know what you are going through, it has happened to me the same exact way with my beloved cat! She was hit by a car after being gone for a couple days..and it made it all the better by it being on Thanksgiving when I found out...not.
Get well soon!

jesse_3
05-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I'm sorry that I have not been on lately, I was recovering from my loss. God Bless all of you...I'm am feeling a little more at peace with the whole incident.

HollandLoppy89
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Glad you have another one to replace with, I know it's not the same, but at least it's close;)
Hope you have a speedy recovery!!