PDA

View Full Version : small incident at my daughter's school, ....

carole
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Two days ago my daughter had her meningicoccal vaccine done at the school, along with most of her class, (this is an intra-muscular shot) and is known to be quite painful afterwards, some smart A@s boy decided it would be fun to punch Melissa in the arm where she had the shot.(NB he did not have it done himself)

He was punished by the teacher with a red card, now these are also given for breaking any school rules, like running on the concrete when you are not supposed to, little issues like that, you get so many and end up with a detention or something along those lines, I also believe the teacher yelled at him( she is a real grumpy teacher, always yelling at the kids according to them).

Melissa came home from school not feeling well at all, and in pain, she did have a common reaction to the vaccine, but i was incensed this boy got off so lightly, so I rang the Assistant Principal, who was unavailable at the time and left a message telling him I believe he should have been sent to him to explain himself and get a good telling off and write a letter of apology to Melissa.

Well he rang me back next day, said he had done all I wanted and agreed with me, and said it was sinister of this boy.

I later heard from a school mate of Melissa's, as she was off school next day, that he spent the whole day at the Assistant principals office, and the teacher told the whole class if anyone did this again , even by accident, they would have their parents contacted and removed from the school for the whole day.

I was really pleased with the outcome, I don't complain often, but there was a principal involved here which mattered to me, he had no right to touch Melissa and inflict pain on her, and he needs to learn now to nip this type of behaviour in the bud.

I just wanted to tell you all, and to not be afraid to stand up for what you think is right, and to not be complacent, and stick with your principals whatever the situation.

I feel so much better knowing this will not be tolerated by the school, and that no-one else will have to put up with that type of nonsense or suffer the consquences, and also knowing that this lad had to suffer the conquences of his own actions, I think the punishment now fits the crime.

I also posted this after reading YELLOWLABLOVER'S post, about this awful boy threatening them at school. maybe if he had his behaviour problems dealt with early on, he may not have ended up so violent and out of control.

RobiLee
05-06-2005, 05:35 AM
It is unfortunate that this event happened to your daughter. I'm so sorry that she had to go through that. You did wonderful, Carole. You contacted the right party and expressed how you felt about the situation and got the results you wanted. Well done, Mom! Your daughter is lucky to have you.

Robin :)

Laura's Babies
05-06-2005, 07:46 AM
I am glad you did something and got action. Kids are kids and they HAVE to learn what is acceptable behavior and what is NOT!! This guy needed to know RIGHT NOW what he did was WRONG!!

Corinna
05-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Way to go MOm !!! too many moms are unwilling to stick up for their kids . Glad to hear I'm not the onlylioness out there who protected her young. It also gives the young man cause to think of his actions.

Queen of Poop
05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I concur - WAY TO GO MOM!!!! Kids need to learn that they can't get away with crap like that. I hope your daughter is feeling better.

luvofallhorses
05-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Way to go Carole. :D I hope your daughter feels better soon. That boy sounds like a jerk :mad:

carole
05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks all, I am feeling good about it all too, I am pretty meek and mild really, but when it comes to principals, look out. and like you said Corrinna, the lioness comes out on me when it comes to my children,lol.

Yep Melissa is doing great, they had teacher day only at the school for two days, so she had three days in all off school and spent one of them at Rainbows End, our only theme park in NZ, it is in Auckland about two hours drive from hear, she had a ball, so it is all good.:)

She found some kittens and a mother at the park, and took pics, she found out if they were being cared for and they were, I had vision of them all coming to my place:eek: :D

lizbud
05-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Just wanted to speak up to say I'm glad you contacted the
school about the boy's behavior. It was a stupid thing for him
to do. I'm glad your daughter is feeling better. I would have done
the same for my children.:)

davidpizzica
05-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Carole, Melissa is very fortunate to have a mom like you! I'm just relieved to know that she is doing all right. I hope that boy learned a lesson he will never forget. BTW, I don't think that you need to take in any more kitties!

kimlovescats
05-06-2005, 08:07 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That really makes me angry, poor Melissa!:mad: :(

cookieluver7
05-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Standing up for what you believe is right can be a difficult thing. I ALWAYS have trouble doing that, but you were brave and stood up for your daughter which was the right thing to do. You are a great role model for your daughter, and a great role model for everybody on pet talk. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you and we are lucky to have a member like you. Thanks for the reminder to always speak up for what we think is right and that it can make a difference.

:)

Abby

carole
05-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Aww Thank you, Cookieluver7 that was a really sweet thing for you to say ,I am just glad the outcome was positive and hope the boy does learn a valuable lesson in life.

David you are so right, I donot need anymore kitties turning up on my doorstep, my heart got broken last time having to give Bubs away, it is just too darn hard.
:(