PDA

View Full Version : Contacts, glasses or none?

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Since I just got contacts, I thought it would be interesting to see what everybody else has, lol!:D Like I said, I just got contacts, before I had glasses for about 3 years. I love 'em too!;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I have worn contacts for over 30 years! Sometimes I need to use glasses (tired eyes) and it is so hard for me as I do not see as well with glasses as I do with my contacts.

cali
05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I have worn glasses since 3rd grade, I tried contacts once but they make my eyes sore and bloodshot so I had to go back to glasses.

My Peanuts
05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I used to wear contacts all the time, but I got Lasik in January. It was the best thing I have ever done. I just had my 3 month check up and my eyes are better than 20/20. :D

sammy101
05-05-2005, 06:18 PM
i have perfect vision:)

Kfamr
05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
I wear glasses.

Those of you who have perfect vision, don't ever take it for granted.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Those of you who have perfect vision, don't ever take it for granted.

I couldn't have said it better myself! You really don't realize what you have until you lose it!!;)

crsvstang
05-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I have been wearing contacts for about 5 years now. I use to wear glasses. I love my contacts alot better then glasses.

Chica
05-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I HAD PERFECT VISION ALL MY LIFE UNTIL I HIT 40. :( NOW I WEAR CONTACTS MOSTLY, AND GLASSES AT HOME TO READ. :cool: :cool:

BOOHOO!!IT IS TOUGH GETTING OLD. :eek:

flamepony12
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Nothin' but my bare eyes! ;)

cookieluver7
05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
No glasses, contacts, or lasik surgery.......I've got perfect vision and I'm proud of it!:p

christa
05-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I had LASIK a few year ago . . . before that, I wore glasses from 5th grade until I was 16 and then wore contacts until I got LASIK!!!

I love having perfect vision now and can't even believe I ever had to wear anything!

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I wear glasses but would like to get contacts.

wolfsoul
05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I use both. I love my glasses though. :)

I actually haven't worn contacts in quite some time. Looong story. Actually it's short. I threw them in a parking lot.

I'll be getting some more contacts soon though. I need some for grad. There's no way I'm wearing glasses at my dinner and dance.

swimma253
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I use to have perfect vision, but not any more. :( Now I have to get glasses, but Im also going to get contacts... so I voted both. :)

gemini9961
05-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I wear both about equally since my eyes are super sensitive and they are prone to infections. I have to switch off frequently between the two. Plus my eyes get very tired from my contacts, I need some new ones and new glasses.

moosmom
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
I've worn both. But I wear glasses because I don't see as good with contacts as I do with glasses.

Kfamr
05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I have both but i'm far too lazy to deal with contacts. Glasses are SO much easier.

wolf_Q
05-06-2005, 12:18 AM
I wear soft contacts. I can't legally drive without vision correction. I need to get some glasses for those times when I'm too lazy to put in the contacts. I'd love to have lasik surgery if I could afford it.

kuhio98
05-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Glasses then contacts back to glasses
lasik surgery then perfect vision then
back to glasses

So, I guess I would have to vote "All of the above".
I sure enjoyed having perfect vision for a whole year after lasik surgery. But, then my distance vision started getting bad again. So, I wear glasses when I'm driving.

jesse_3
05-06-2005, 01:55 AM
I had glasses and, to put it lightly, I LOOKED LIKE A FREEEAAAKKK! lol! I now have contacts, just to add, those of you with contacts, are they colored or not? mine aren't....

buckner
05-06-2005, 06:26 AM
I put none because I don't currently have to wear anything. However, at night, I sometimes have trouble driving because I can't see the lines. They don't "glow" like they should to me, so I might have to get night-vision glasses from my doctor. Also, reading has become a bit of a pain for me. We're going to check into reading glasses and see if those help. But all in all, my vision is still 20/10. *shrug*

petslover
05-06-2005, 07:18 AM
I can't legally drive without vision correction either. I wear contacts. I been wearing them since I was like 14 so for about 5 years now. I don't have any problems with my contacts. I'm thankful they make them because glasses don't look to good on me!

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3
I had glasses and, to put it lightly, I LOOKED LIKE A FREEEAAAKKK! lol! I now have contacts, just to add, those of you with contacts, are they colored or not? mine aren't....

Mine aren't colored either...that's fine with me though!:)

cloverfdx
05-06-2005, 08:57 AM
I actually haven't worn contacts in quite some time. Looong story. Actually it's short. I threw them in a parking lot.
Hehe you sure do have a way with words Jordan :D.

I dont have anything, my eye sight is just fine.

finn's mom
05-06-2005, 09:01 AM
I just recently got glasses, I posted photos of them when I first got them. I only need them for distance, and, even then, it's only to make what I'm looking at perfectly sharp. I can still read highway signs from a good distance, it's just easier now. I mostly wear them for driving and movie theaters. Even the reading glasses in Walmart are too strong. :) I like wearing glasses, though, I get a lot of compliments when I do. If I got contacts, I think I'd want to try a different color, like maybe a really light brown, honey color.

sirrahbed
05-06-2005, 09:11 AM
I am with Chica and had great vision until about 40 - then everything started falling apart:p

I HAVE bifocals but since my reading vision is still very good, I seldom wear glasses around the house at all. A few times, I have jumped in the car with hubby without getting my distance glasses - funny!! I can't see anything but fuzz about 6-8 feet from me and wandered WalMart the other day feeling like I was going to freak out because I got separated from hubby and just wandered in my fog until he found me!!

I also wear them to watch movies, drive etc:D

mina'smomma
05-06-2005, 09:27 AM
I use both. I wear my glasses for work, but I wear my contacts for pictures and during the weekend.

Cataholic
05-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I wear contacts, glasses and none...depends on how well I want to see! LOL.

Jonah and glasses are a bad mix. I guess he must have magnets in his little hands, as ZAP they go right to the glasses each time! :D

Karen
05-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Jonah's a normal baby - glasses ARE baby magnets!

I have worn glasses since I was 9. I have severe nearsightedness, and an astigmatism (double vision) different in each eye. So without my glasses, if you were more than arm's length from me, not only would you be blurry, but there would be 4 or 5 of you overlapping. Poor you!

sirrahved
05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
I've had glasses since I was a freshman in high school. I can't function without them. Sometimes I wear contacts. Depends on my mood.

luvofallhorses
05-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Orangutango
I wear glasses but would like to get contacts.

same here :)

RobiLee
05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I mostly wear contacts. I wear my glasses when I'm hanging out at home or in the evenings. I've wore glasses since the 7th grade and was thrilled to finally get contacts. I think about having the lasik surgery done, but for some reason it terrifies me. I have heard some negative stories about it also and I have a huge fear of the surgery going wrong and my vision coming out worse than what it already is.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Robin--both my parents had lasik eye surgery done, and they had great results--could see PERFECTLY coming out of the surgery place!!:) I know it sounds scary to have someone cut on your eyes, but if you find a good "optomitrist surgeon" or whatever they're called, I'm sure you'll have great results as well!! It's becoming more and more common these days!!:D;)

Suki Wingy
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I voted none, although I have glasses, I only use them to ballance out my vision so I ca nstare at the computer for long periods of time! My left eye is the SLIGHTEST bit blurry.

lisalee
05-06-2005, 07:01 PM
I've worn contacts for over 20 years now, I have very poor vision. :(