PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Area

Craftlady
05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
As you all now I have the memorial area for RB Butterscotch on side of our house. Over the winter I lost allot of dianthus plants that were in this area. Between the locust bugs and ice storms over the winter that caused plant damage not all of dianthus came back this year. So, I rounded up all the other plants in the yard and added new plants to the area. Eventually this area will be sold dianthus with a multi color rainbow of tiny flowers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Miscellanous/memorial1.jpg

Laura's Babies
05-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I plant my garden every year and call it "Peggy's Garden" for my friend that was murdered 3 years ago and it helps me to remember her that way as she was a flower in everyones life that knew her.

I am sure Butterscotch was also a flower and you will enjoy looking at his memorial garden as much as I enjoy looking at Peggy's...

catmandu
05-05-2005, 07:29 PM
And I think,taht Butterscotch,appreciates,your tribute,to her.She,is with the Pet Talker angels,in Vegas,lokking,for places,that you can go together,when you are reunited!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture082.jpg

kimlovescats
05-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Such a beautiful tribute to your sweet Butterscotch!!!;)

Craftlady
05-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I know RB Butterscotch is smiling down and rolling his eyes that mom is making a fuss. :) When the flowers really start to bloom I will take another photo and post.

AlleyCat
05-05-2005, 09:29 PM
That's so sweet! We bought Delphiniums and Calla Lillies last year in memory of our black lab Nikki and our kitty Rascal who both died last year. The plants bloomed so nice. But this year they have yet to come up; I'm getting worried as everything else has. But it's so nice to plant in memory of your beloved furkids.

Craftlady
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Dont panic MomOf3Cats, some types of Lilly's bloom late and come up late. I have several clusters of Cana Lilly's and they are just starting to peak out of the ground.
I love planting in the memorial area it's extra special since area is also his final resting place.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2005, 09:28 AM
I remember seeing it in full bloom last year and it's quite a beatiful little memorial area for Butterscotch. I'm sure he loves it and yes, he may be rolling his eyes at the fuss you make, but he also loves that you love him enough to make a fuss and that you haven't forgotten him. :)

King Spartacus
05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
What a wonderful idea! I'm sure Butterscoths is really proud of having such a wonderful memorial!