PDA

View Full Version : That Darn Cat

janelle
05-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Just had a flying cat come down from the loft. My little one just jumped down or fell I don't know which from the loft one story up onto a pergo floor.

I always worried about her falling from there and now she decides she likes to jump? Oh my heart. I thought she was injured but she went into the bedroom---her safe place---when I hurried to check on her. Guess she thought she was in trouble and I thought I was going to have a hurt cat.

I checked her out and she is none the worse for wear. Looked at me like what's wrong? Nothing hurt and she acts like this is just another day thing. Makes me think she has done it before when I haven't been here.

Has your kitties done this? Jumped from high places like it was nothing? She may get hurt someday but I don't know how to stop her. :confused:

kuhio98
05-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Pepper once jumped from our second story deck/balcony to the ground below and then bounded off unhurt into the back yard. :rolleyes:

We solved this problem by never letting her out on the deck by herself and we attached sheets of plexi-glass to the banister so that she can't fit between the railing anymore.

Good luck with your little daredevil!

King Spartacus
05-05-2005, 04:16 PM
My uncle (yes... this might be a bit confusing... but I'm a kitty... and my uncle is my grandmamma's kitty) Thomas frequently jumps off the roof where he lives... that's 2 stories, and to him, it's just a normal daily thing!

janelle
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Well I hope she learned it doesn't feel too good to jump, and stop doing it. I would think it jars her whole body. Maybe the bigger cat was pushing, hope not, he isn't really mean to her, just an alpha cat since he is bigger.

janelle
05-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I love your web site King Spartacus. I'm going to explore all of it when I get time. You are a handsome devil. My Chianti--the jumper, LOL--- would fall in love with you at first sight.:p

You both have the same tiger stripes.

Catsnclay
05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
What a great website King Spartacus!!

My husband was in the Navy and they stopped over in Scottland for a few weeks, he has always wanted to go back. Maybe someday .......:D

Welcome to PT, you will love it here.

Oh and Janelle......

kitties just love to scare the :eek: :eek: out of us!! Enjoy your daredevil kitty while you can!! :D

King Spartacus
05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Thank you for the kind words Janelle and Catsnclay! At the moment I just HATE all those adverts on my page, but I have no plans on paying for an adfree site until I've learnt DreamWeaver (and able to make a SUPER site!!!)... bare with me... my Dummies book for DreamWeaver is useless... I need a "How to read Dummies book for mega-Dummies"... Or maybe I just need a new brain! Hah-hah! The only thing I've managed to do so far is to add a blue background (after 4 weeks!)...

Purries from the self elected King Spartacus!!!

Catsnclay
05-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey, at least you HAVE a website!! That is way more than I have!! :rolleyes:

catmandu
05-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Scrappy 2,is a bit,of a daredevil,as most Kittens are,as they,like Children,run,beore they think,of the cosequences,of thier actions.Scrappy 2,went,to jump,over Ragnar,and fell,down,the stairs.Shook her head,and continued chasing Big Ragnar.