PDA

View Full Version : What can I feed her?

Poo
05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
My Bugs has has a cold for about a week now, she is on her second lot of anti-biotics. She also has some decongestant powder that goes on her food to help her.

The problem is the last couple of days she has stopped eating. I have been told thats because she cannot smell anything. I have tried giving her chicken, salmon, sardines and wet food, but she will not touch them. I have also tried putting the fish in the microwave for a couple of seconds, but thats not worked either.

She is quite a big girl (she is going on a diet once she is better) so maybe she can afford not to eat for a couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could try. She is still drinking plenty, so thats good. Any suggestions????

Nicki x

furrykidsmother
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Does she have a favorite food or treat that you could entice her with? Maybe some warm chicken or beef broth. Not much substance to it, but at least it has nutrients.

catmandu
05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I would have said Kitten Food,but not,if she has a weight problem.She will not starve,in a few days,maybe try Baby Food! a Bit,as that can be fattening,too!

moosmom
05-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Run the shower on hot only and bring her in the bathroom and close the door. The steam from the shower should break up any congestion.

Also, try putting "Lil Noses" pediatric saline nose drops in her nose. That'll help too.

Just be careful about her not eating. If another 24-48 hours goes by, you'll need to call the vet.