PDA

View Full Version : A reminder

PJ's Mom
05-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I know someone posted a topic like this not to long ago, but I wanted to start another one with Mother's Day right around the corner. ( I guess it makes me sentimental)

Last night at around 8:00 a friend of my sons was walking to McDonald's and was hit by a car. He died instantly. Having 4 kids, I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a child and God willing I'll never have to feel that pain. No parent should outlive their children.

I can't help but wonder if that mom said the same thing to her son as I try to say to my kids before they go out. "Be careful. Love you."

Today, before you hang up the phone with your mom or dad, before you send your kids to school, before you and your hubby go off to work, tell the people you care about how much you love them. You never know if "later" will ever come.

Please be safe, everyone.

luvofallhorses
05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
How horrible that must be :( Thanks for posting this, Dawn. I will be sure to do that everyday :)

cloverfdx
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
How heartbreaking i am so sorry :(.

sirrahbed
05-05-2005, 10:21 AM
:( Oh how horrible!!

Thank you for the reminder to say those "I love yous" and to give those hugs.

PJ's Mom
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
To make things worse, I just heard that he was with his brother at the time. They tried to race across the street. His brother made it just in time to turn around and see his older brother get hit. He was 17.

RIP A.J. :(

slick
05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
How very very sad. :( :(
My Mom and I care extremely close and we can talk about anything under the sun...even sex.

There are times that she gets on my nerves, but really, she's my Mom and I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, I do tell her that I love her often and this Mother's Day will be no exception.

Prayers going out to the family at this difficult time.

MariaM
05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry. :( How terrible....I bet that will haunt the brother for years. :(