PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers Again

Rie Rie
05-04-2005, 01:52 PM
No, it's not Brandon, he's still doing fine.
This time it's my oldest brother, Eddie, who lives in Virginia. My sister in law called and told me there was an electrical accident where he works and he has 2nd & 3rd degree burns over 70% of his body. She says it's not life threatening, but everything I've ever seen or heard about burns that bad, it can be really serious.
I've not spoken to mom yet. Just so happened she called about an hour or so before I got the call. Mom is supposed to try and call back this evening and I'll tell her then. I just hate telling her things like this when she's on the boat, but this is her son and she needs to know.
So, Please keep him in your prayers and I will update you as I know. Thank you and God Bless all of you........Marie

cruisetime
05-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Prayers are on the way!! I'm so sorry!! It may not be life threatening but I know from all I have heard that recovery is excrutiatingly painfull.... Many many prayers for a fast and painfree healing - he will need all his family.. Debbie

smokey the elder
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Prayers are on the way. Burns are the pits.

furrykidsmother
05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
I am glad that Brandon is doing well, but very sorry to hear of your brothers accident. I wish him a speedy recovery and prayers and good thoughts are on there way!

kimlovescats
05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh NO! I will certainly keep him in my prayers ... oh I hate for Laura to hear this news, but moms need to know!;) :(

(((HUGS)))
Kim

momcat
05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
What devastating news! I know it won't be easy but you're right, Mom has to be told. Better hearing it from you instead of some other way. It's good to hear the burns aren't life threatening but being injured that extensively has to be very heavy on your mind. Only my very best wishes for your brother, and your family as well, everyone is affected when such a tragedy strikes! I'm an ordained deacon in my church, with your permission I'd like to include him as a prayer concern. The congregation will offer a special prayer for him during our Sunday services and our Prayer Team will include him every single day. He will be on the list to stay! For as long as he needs us. The prayer concern will include you,your Mom, your whole family. If you want to, could you let me know his last name, if not that's okay.

It is no secret what God can do
What He's done for others, He'll do for you....

Please keep us posted. God bless all of you

jenluckenbach
05-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Prayers for Eddie, your whole family and especially for Laura who is not at home to deal with this. How helpless she must feel getting news like this in the middle of the river somewhere. :(

kuhio98
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Prayers are being said. What awful news to receive so close to Mother's Day. Please let your Mom know that we are keeping your family in our prayers.

NoahsMommy
05-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I will keep Eddie in my prayers. That sounds so painful...poor thing. :(

catfamily
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
OMG!!! Prayers are on the way.

rg_girlca
05-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Prayers for Eddie, your whole family and especially for Laura who is not at home to deal with this. How helpless she must feel getting news like this in the middle of the river somewhere. :(

Jen, I could not have said it any better.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Eddie and your whole family.

Soapets
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM
He and your entire family will be in our thoughts and prayers......

catmandu
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I had burns,on my foot,and its not a lot,of fun,so I can well imagine,what it would be like,to have,that much,of your body burned,We are sending,all the prayers,for your bother,to heal,and for Brandon,to continue his recovery.

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Many many prayers winging your way from Mass. that Eddie will be alright. What an awful year your family has been having, and I'm very glad to hear Brandon's prayers have been answered, now it's Eddie's turn for them. :(

Poo
05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Prayers and {{hugs}} on their way.

Nicki x

Craftlady
05-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers.

Laura's Babies
05-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Momcat... His last name is Smith.. Eddie Smith and we would apperciate him being on as many prayer lists as we can get him on. They are deeply religious so I am sure the prayers will work for him... We just need them to keep coming...

luvofallhorses
05-05-2005, 04:31 PM
:( He will be in my prayers((((((hugs))))))

momcat
05-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi, Lauries Babies Consider it done
Please be assured that the congregation at my church, Bethany Presbyterian, will offer prayers at every Sunday service. With today being the National Day of Prayer, we had a group prayer at work this afternoon out in our courtyard. Eddie was lifted up in prayer for healing and recovery, several in the group said they'll continue to keep him, and his family, in their prayers also. Leet us know how EVERYONE is doing.

Karen
05-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Prayers fo Eddie are on the way.

momcat
05-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Eddie, Laurie, Rie, Regina

Loving thoughts, non stop prayers, and angels watching over all of you!