PDA

View Full Version : Is everything ready?

Uabassoon
05-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok, so tomorrow is the big day and we get to go pick up the new doggie! I want to make sure we have everything we need, if not then I'll make another run to PetSmart after work tomorrow. Today after we signed the papers we bought him a crate, a stuffed animal, kong, tennis ball, leash, collar, treats, and of course food. We bought Nutro because that's the brand I feed my cats. Is the dog version comparable?

So, did I forget anything?

luvofallhorses
05-03-2005, 08:30 PM
lol, you forgot a food dish :p and if he's allowed on your furniture of course he would be I am SURE :p then get a dog bed but yep that's the only thing. You probably won't have to give him a bath for awhile so you don't need dog shampoo. I am SOOOOO excited and happy for you!!! :D :D :D Does he get along with cats?
Sorry for all of these stupid questions. :o

binka_nugget
05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Not sure if he has a name already but don't forget the ID tags! :D

Congrats on the new addition!

Uabassoon
05-03-2005, 08:33 PM
lol, you forgot a food dish

LOL well those we already had. Alexa and I didn't even think about shampoo! But like you said he won't need a bath for a while, especially since we won't be able to bathe him until after he heals from his neuter.

bckrazy
05-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Nutro is a good food :) it sounds like you have everything set for the new pup! Also, this isn't utterly necessary, but brushes and a toothbrush and doggy toothpaste might be good to get eventually. Small dogs tend to get tooth problems when they age, so teeth brushing and Greenies will help. If he's a young dog, you might also want chewies ;)

Vette
05-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Tiz always good to have shampoo on hand.. ya never know what 'goodies' they may find to roll in. ;)

what about dog nail clippers?

jenfer
05-03-2005, 10:53 PM
The list look pretty good to me. How about some of those spray to clean carpet. and sour apple in case he like to chew? *Just in case*

Bigyummydog
05-04-2005, 12:06 AM
all he really needs is what you're giving him.....a loving home :) sounds like you are just tapping your feet now....i'll bet you're so excited you can't stand it....we're so happy for you :D

btw: MAXIMUS loves his nutro.....:D

Oggyflute
05-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Yep, love is all you need.:D

You seem to have everything covered, I saw this and had to go searching for the source thread. Congrats again to you both.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
05-04-2005, 07:10 AM
You'll need Advantage or frontline or another flea treatment soon too. Does the shelter put any on him before you bring him home? If not you may want to get some on him right away incase he brings any fleas home with him.

Also not necessarily today, but very soon you'll want to get him on heart worm preventive. I'm sure the shelter does a heart worm test before they adopt him out, but check to make sure he's had one. You can probably get a box of heart worm preventive there when you pick him up.

Originally posted by jenfer
The list look pretty good to me. How about some of those spray to clean carpet. and sour apple in case he like to chew? *Just in case*

Natures Miracle is an awesome carpet cleaner, expensive but well worth it.

Dixieland Dancer
05-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Sounds like everyone has made suggestions of everything you will need. I just wanted to say Congratulations on the new pup! :D

Cookiebaker
05-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Today is the day!! :D

cloverfdx
05-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh how exciting, i cannot wait to "meet" the little guy :D. The list sounds good, through in some lovin and it is perfect.